New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Sonnen Silva 2
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just wondering what any of the lingering MMA fans think will happen?!

Will Silva be ready for Sonnen this time?
Not saying he wasn't "ready" to fight just that he was clearly caught offguard by Sonnen's relentless attack in the first fight.

Will Sonnen "fall asleep" briefly and let Silva "catch him" again?

I'm guessing this fight will NOT go the length of the last fight. I'm guessing one or the other will end it in the 2nd or 3rd round! I'd like to say it'll be Sonnen, I hate that cocky bass-turd Silva, but it's hard to pick against the Spider!

If he (Silva) wins will Dana White threaten both GSP and Spider's contracts with the UFC if they refuse to fight each other like he has promised?!

Oh and a nice thanks to the Democratic speaker in NY state for blocking a vote, he pulled Shenanigans to block it even coming to a vote, to legalize MMA in NY state. In this economy it was estimated to have created upwards of 10,000 jobs and an annual economic boost of over $100M a year. GOOD JOB IDIOT!!!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Chief
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

If he (Silva) wins will Dana White threaten both GSP and Spider's contracts with the UFC if they refuse to fight each other like he has promised?!

don't ever recall dana threatening that - hard to force two guys to fight especially since they are in different weight classes.

from december 2011 - http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2011/1219/546647/anderson-silva/

"He's probably the greatest fighter in history. He hasn't lost and has been champion since 2006. I think he has two more title defenses and I do not know what he'll do next or if he will retire," said White. "He could end his career with a super fight against Jon Jones or George St-Pierre. He could end his career like that — fight in a different weight class. I would be happy with that. Then he could take a boat and sail into the sunset."

do you have something that quotes him with the threat?

Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since this post never got off on the right foot, I'll bump it. These are my picks:

Silva via tko 1st round over Sonnen
Tito via split decision over Forest
Cote via KO over Le
Maia via sub over Jung
Mendez via TKO over Mckenzie
Easton via TKO over Menjivar
Camoes via sub over Guillard
Phillipou via murder over Fukuda

The other two fights I didnt know anything about either of the fighters involved so I didnt make a prediction. I will say this though about the Silva/Sonnen fight. If the fight goes the distance it will go to Sonnen, if the fight is stopped for any reason (submission, tko, ko, doctor stoppage, death) Silva will indeed win.

Lets hear what you think.....

Khorvinus/Jason

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, and I will say this. Win or lose, I predict that Silva will have one maybe two fights left in him before he retires.......just sayin, he's been referring to his legacy a lot here lately.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My apologies to Chief I meant to look into it and then totally forgot about it! I don't know, nor could I find in a quick search, any news stories regarding the matter. I do recall 100% positive that Dana White has on at least one occasion referred to the fact that Spider and GSP claiming they would NEVER fight each other. He stated, paraphrased as closely as possible, "They may say they will never fight but I hold both of their contracts and if nobody can provide a test for Silva he will have to fight GSP or leave the UFC or retire." He also stated that a catch weight CAN be found for the fight that would not compromise either fighter. And I know I had seen a print interview with him, online, about the topic and said something similar. I just cannot find it right now.

As to predictions (tko,sub, or ko I'll just put tko to be easier):

Silva tko over Sonnen (Silva won't be manhandled again, unfortunately)
Griffin decision over Ortiz
Le tko over Cote (Khorvinus your crazy, with all due respect)
Kim tko over Maia (toss up but this won't go to the cards)
Mendez decision over McKenzie (2 guys trying to climb the ranks)
Easton tko over Menjivar (only know about Easton and he's tough)
Guillard tko over Camoes (Guillard has something to prove)
Philipou tko over Fukuda (don't know much about Fukuda but these Japanese fighters can come out of nowhere)
Alessio tko over Roller

Don't miss the Khabib Nurmagomedov Gleison Tibau fight on FX. Tibau often enters fights around 175-185 pounds (ddon't know if anyone in MMA cuts more weight then this guy) but seems to lose to top notch fighters. Nurmagomedov is undefeated (17-0, 6 by KO, 7 by sub) and coming off a win over Kamal Shalorus. He's a name I've heard as a potential title holder someday. Power and Ground game in one fighter.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow....Alessio was cryin like a bitch lol

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have no clue what Rogen wal looking at?!??! Nurmagomedov completely dictated the pace of the fight. Has he forgotten this is not boxing it is MMA. It's called "Octagon Control". I was afraid the judges wouldn't see that he escaped 2 takedowns easily and Tibault couldn't do anything but defend.

Thomas Jefferson
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow....the judges strime again....if Tibau didnt win tbat fight, it should
have been a draw.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I see we still agree to disagree buddy...lol. 2 takedowns is better than 11 td attemts. Takedown defense is as much apart of mma as takedown offense.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

True but when one guy is on the defense the ENTIRE fight with his back to the cage is the very definition of Octagon Control. Tibault may have landed cleaner blows but The Eagle (can't keep typing that name anymore) landed the heavier blows and had the underhooks 2/3 of the fight and his man pinned to the cage. I think the OC went to the Eagle and striking and takedowns to Gleison. The question is who scored higher in each judge's mind. To me he controlled the fight start to finish. Not an exciting or flashy way to win but he's the typical Russian/Slavic fighter. You won't see any cardio issues and they can take a punch so are unafraid (by chin and cardio) to push into a guy rather than set back.

Anyways it was a shame not to see his ground game. With some polish (not as in Poland Laughing ) and experiece he could be devastating.

Not going to be seeing the PPV but after some of Sonnen's remarks (ala don't bow in Brazil they'll just hit you over the head and take your wallet) I hope he brought his A-game!

Thomas Jefferson
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am actually glad that Griffen won his fight against Tito. I just figured if it went to the judges he would get a sympathy vote if it was close. The Mcenzie fight ended how I knew it would, Cody needs to work on his stand up, seriously. Cote has been outta the octagon too long, he used to be a good prospect. Easton is a beast, and Maia should have made the move to 170 a long time ago....Still waiting on the results of the Silva/Sonnen fight.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Silva def Sonnen via TKO due to strikes.....Bye bye Sonnen, happy retirement.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic