New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - New Tremonti album
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mark Trmonti makes a departure from his days with Creed and Alter Bridge into the "Speed Metal" genre. He also proves to be an excellent lead vocalist from what I've heard thus far! Have I ever mentioned he's a Detroit talent? Yeah probably so Laughing

Tremonti - You Waste Your Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Me1ea4MkH0

Tremonti- So You're Afraid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtjrxhaDVo8&feature=related

Tremonti- The Things I've Seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Au8CbLLaI&feature=relmfu

Tremonti - New Way Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR1mjoH8OMc&feature=relmfu

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am so glad you posted this, Street! I was not aware of this even coming out, and Tremonti's one of my favorite guitarists of all time. Gotta say I'm impressed with his vocals on just previewing it on itunes at this point. Gonna get the single first and jam on that on my mp3 player while driving for work.

Also dug the Steve Vai stuff too. I'm not a big fan of his tone necessarily (it single-handedly ruined the Whitesnake Slip of the Tongue album IMO, albeit following Sykes' 87 performance was impossible) but he's a musical god, no doubt.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
I am so glad you posted this, Street! I was not aware of this even coming out, and Tremonti's one of my favorite guitarists of all time. Gotta say I'm impressed with his vocals on just previewing it on itunes at this point. Gonna get the single first and jam on that on my mp3 player while driving for work.

Also dug the Steve Vai stuff too. I'm not a big fan of his tone necessarily (it single-handedly ruined the Whitesnake Slip of the Tongue album IMO, albeit following Sykes' 87 performance was impossible) but he's a musical god, no doubt.

Just found it today and listed my favorites after a one time listen through.
He and Cantrell could do some real magic (singing and writing) together I think. It's been out about 2 weeks it looks like. He's pretty much covered the Hard Rock spectrum and is solidifying his Metal side. To me, considering Zeppelin and Blue Oyster Cult were early members, it's all Heavy Metal and impossible to distinguish for me; but many casual music fans like it differentiated... so "so be it".

Vai is a tough listen at times. Alive in an Ultra World is probably my favorite album of his. I actually really liked Slip of The Tongue for the most part but he kind of stepped on a few songs a little too much. Kittens Got Claws and Fool For Your Loving I thought were pure genius.

Satriani seems to be able to "reel it in" far better in the "Full Band" setting than Vai can. But having learned (from the age of 18 to about 20) from Zappa, as well, he goes WAY outside the "Box" sometimes.

PS- Alot of -"'s- in this post so wanted one more to round it off! Laughing Laughing Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh and I was going to just PM it to you but considering we have so many music fans here thought a few others may dig it as well.

Thomas Jefferson
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love Tremonti! Great stuff

Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is live.

Check out the drummer! Lol