New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Andorian Arenas
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Are Andorian arenas really that passive now? Back in my day, they were some pretty brutal arenas. I want to move some of my teams in inactive Arenas to Andorian arenas. But no if I am going to be penalised for playing aggressive.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
Are Andorian arenas really that passive now? Back in my day, they were some pretty brutal arenas. I want to move some of my teams in inactive Arenas to Andorian arenas. But no if I am going to be penalised for playing aggressive.

Some Andorian arenas retain the honor and sportsmanship long accredited the Andorian way. Specifically, a long ago battle in DM 11 Aruak City, which now calls itself The Heart And Soul of Andoria, earned Andorians the right to be the way they are.

But, "passive"? I should say not. Highly competitive, more roleplaying and personals than most, and Duelmasters columns expected.

The beliefs - way of life
No downchallenging (by recognition points) - including BFs
Duelmaster may, of course, downchallenge as it is an honor to fight for the crown.
A belief in life and a commitment not to purposely attempt to take it
e.g. lower KD's (6 maxish)
attacking limbs - not head/body
Helping and aiding newbies to thrive and prosper

Winning in an Andorian arena can be harder than others as the "easy" downchallenge of alleged weaklings is not an option, and random matchups are more common because a good upchallenge is often not available. Andorians believe in full use of challenge and avoid.

Penalties? One cannot be penalized by the Andorian way, as there are no game methods to do so. Living outside the honor will likely get you plenty of dissing persads, ostracization, and asked to move to an arena which supports other methods of play.

The strongest Andorian arenas are
DM11
DM46 and DM30
DM 8, 40, & 63 once were and may still be.

We Consortiumites challenge you, and anyone else, to come to Aruak City, The Heart And Soul Of Andoria, and fight aggressively like an Andorian. You will not find it "easy" to win, but you will read and write personals, spots, and DM Columns, and you will have a lot of friendly, but competitive, foes.

For those don't like the Andorian style, and who want to "beat up" on Consortium warriors, meeet us in the many other arenas where other traditions are the way of life. We Consortiumites enjoy a good challenge.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

slow running site , and another impatience-caused worthless double post
Rolling Eyes

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Heh...I would love to come to Aruak City, Unfortunately, finances will not allow me to run in a fast arena for some time. I looked at DM 8 and there are only four teams there. I still consider making the move since it is a slow arena. Aruak City does look nice.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:

RSI will not penalize you for not playing "Andorian", the slack will come from the players. Feel free to play however you want in any arena you want just be prepared to receive verbal bashing if you do not play "nice". I started in Andorian arenas but I play by my own set of ethics. I do not DC but I do use high KDs. Live by the sword/ die by the sword. I look for what I consider a fair fight or where I am the underdog. I will not intentionally challenge someone below me in the ranks. If someone is above me in the ranks I look at the FE and make a judgement call as too the FE difference, (ie, 3FE vs 10FE is a no no in my book but a 15FE vs a 22FE is fine)

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Arena 11 is a great arena. I certainly echo the mighty Consortium. If I can't shake this damn D2 bug I will restart there.

Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="The Consortium"]
Longshot wrote:

Some Andorian arenas retain the honor and sportsmanship long accredited the Andorian way. Specifically, a long ago battle in DM 11 Aruak City, which now calls itself The Heart And Soul of Andoria, earned Andorians the right to be the way they are.

But, "passive"? I should say not. Highly competitive, more roleplaying and personals than most, and Duelmasters columns expected.

Really? Shocked Does this mean I have to find a different region to call home? Sad

Kharadmon
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tobir (arena 14) was always one of the bloodiest and welcomes aggressive as you want to be. We had a few more teams just 5-6 turns back and I'm hoping it's size dwindled down due to tourney timing or brief layoffs. Good one to keep in mind if you want one that will welcome even a tourney timing once in awhile team.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was thinking about Arkers. But here are only five teams in the arena. I don't think I stand a chance since they are all old teams. I could have sworn there was a multi-team slow arena, but it seems like all of them are Delarq, Free Blades, or 'N'. I am assuming "N" means neutral.

Also, why is an Andorak arena listed as 'N', and an arena named DarkHolme listed as Andorian. Is this just a mistake?
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Never noticed that, or it is a recent typo after the new ADM "No Tourney arena" was added. Darkholm is the 'Larq regional ADM arena and Andorak is the Andorian regional ADM arena.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Kharadmon"]
The Consortium wrote:
Longshot wrote:

Really? Shocked Does this mean I have to find a different region to call home? Sad

Kharadmon

Nah, we can live with nice guys like you.

The intent of the no DCBFs was/is to prevent a pro from massacreing (sp)a rookie via the DC route. I think it is appropriate that Consortium teams are not really in the rookie class. Be gentle with and help newbies is one real monicker of Andoria

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a former, and if finances ever see fit future, member of Aruak I can concur with Consortium. When I came back to the game around 2000-01 we got a regular trickle of new and returning players. That was the "ideal" as I understood it. We didn't want, I say we as I adopted into the movement in Aruak, 33 recognition point; 12 fight warriors challenging new teams and inexperienced single digit FE and recognition point warriors. And we had a few come through.

I would guess as long as you do not make a regular habit of constant DCing, or any of the other "Andorian Ways", nobody will have an issue with it.

BTW have any of the old group popped in within the last few years Consortium? Y'know Adie, Puerco, JRK, Talon Warsmith, etc.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
As a former, and if finances ever see fit future, member of Aruak I can concur with Consortium. When I came back to the game around 2000-01 we got a regular trickle of new and returning players. That was the "ideal" as I understood it. We didn't want, I say we as I adopted into the movement in Aruak, 33 recognition point; 12 fight warriors challenging new teams and inexperienced single digit FE and recognition point warriors. And we had a few come through.

I would guess as long as you do not make a regular habit of constant DCing, or any of the other "Andorian Ways", nobody will have an issue with it.

BTW have any of the old group popped in within the last few years Consortium? Y'know Adie, Puerco, JRK, Talon Warsmith, etc.

None have. I got a note from Adie a couple of years ago, but we Consortiumites are sort of the "end" of the oldtime Aruak Citians - with The Immortals popping in now and then. However, all the "new" members are doing a fine job upholding The Andorian way.

BTW - to others - if you want to beat on Consortiumites in the Darkolmian way or as Independents, we are in plenty of other arenas and play appropriately. We simply prefer the Andorian style and intend to preserve it.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

None have. I got a note from Adie a couple of years ago, but we Consortiumites are sort of the "end" of the oldtime Aruak Citians - with The Immortals popping in now and then. However, all the "new" members are doing a fine job upholding The Andorian way.

BTW - to others - if you want to beat on Consortiumites in the Darkolmian way or as Independents, we are in plenty of other arenas and play appropriately. We simply prefer the Andorian style and intend to preserve it.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's too bad. I knew JRK and Talon were running on maintenance and unlikely to stay, or return. Puerco used to come into Tobir from time to time but seemed to have waning interest. When Adie left he said he hoped to return at some point and seemed to have plenty of interest in the game still but had RL issues that forced him away. I guess we can hold out hope that he may return someday to the game, and perhaps some of the others on that list as well. Talon was the Air Force Member was he not (Brett or something)? With the state of the world these days he is hopefully OK.

Needless to say it was they, along with the Bulldogs of course, who got me to stay in the game and not leave it right away, by making it fun and friendly with plenty of RP and personals.

I remember I came back with The Headcutters for about 6-8 turns, I decided to adopt the ideals so I moved that team of killers out and moved in The Headcutters II. A much more friendly team for RP purposes; having discovered the "Bagman and Terrablood" charts they were far better designed for RL purposes.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic