Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: DarrenBymn
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 1243

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Pop Warner
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Mar 10, 2008
Posts: 1974

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well our size and a few bad plays on our part and we went down in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Ended the season 8-1. Undefeated regular season for the second year in a row but couldn't quite get it done against a big tough team.

Lost 18-16. They scored on a 60 yard takeaway where they stripped the ball from our fullback and ran it in for a TD. Heartbreaking stuff!

But 1 play doesn't make a game, we also had another fumble and an interception. We were the better team discipline wise but the other team just flat out had bigger better athletes that played really well.

They also played mistake free football. I will be coaching the spring tackle team again this year as well, so will take a bit of time off but will see you soon with updates!

_________________
Active Arenas: Of Wolf and Man - DM 18, DM 81
Alliance: The Iron Council
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Aug 21, 2008
Posts: 3342
Location: Round Rock, Tx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
Well our size and a few bad plays on our part and we went down in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Ended the season 8-1. Undefeated regular season for the second year in a row but couldn't quite get it done against a big tough team.

Lost 18-16. They scored on a 60 yard takeaway where they stripped the ball from our fullback and ran it in for a TD. Heartbreaking stuff!

But 1 play doesn't make a game, we also had another fumble and an interception. We were the better team discipline wise but the other team just flat out had bigger better athletes that played really well.

They also played mistake free football. I will be coaching the spring tackle team again this year as well, so will take a bit of time off but will see you soon with updates!


Sorry to hear such a fine season came to such a sudden end. Good luck in the future seasons

_________________
Gentleben
Ben's Bazaar-21
Caress of Steel-28
Secret Squirrels-32
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
View user's profileSend private message
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8836
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A salute to a fine, fine season!

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Mar 10, 2008
Posts: 1974

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't spoken much about it this year, but wanted to chime in here and give an update.

Our team won Mid Florida Conference Championship at the Junior Midget Pop Warner level again and are a Perfect 12-0 heading into Florida Regional Play.

Only gave up 34 points all season (20 in 1 game) and only 8 in the playoff run to the championship.

We get a 1st Round Bye in the regionals so get to scout our next opponent.

And as a little brag we are still the only organization in mid florida that is a first come first serve pop warner organization. The max a pop warner team can have is 35 players. Most organizations play with 22 to 28 players tops, we open it up to 35 at every level every year.

Kids end up quitting sometimes because of the conditioning and physicality that we play with but for the most part we keep and retain our kids year to year. We are once again the only team in the playoffs and heading into regionals that have a full roster with plenty of (Minimum Play Kids). We will see how it goes. Usually we run into a juggernaut Miami team that puts us in our place but I have a feeling this year things could be different. Our kids are really gelling and growing into football players!

_________________
Active Arenas: Of Wolf and Man - DM 18, DM 81
Alliance: The Iron Council
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8836
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
I haven't spoken much about it this year, but wanted to chime in here and give an update.

Our team won Mid Florida Conference Championship at the Junior Midget Pop Warner level again and are a Perfect 12-0 heading into Florida Regional Play.

Only gave up 34 points all season (20 in 1 game) and only 8 in the playoff run to the championship.

We get a 1st Round Bye in the regionals so get to scout our next opponent.

And as a little brag we are still the only organization in mid florida that is a first come first serve pop warner organization. The max a pop warner team can have is 35 players. Most organizations play with 22 to 28 players tops, we open it up to 35 at every level every year.

Kids end up quitting sometimes because of the conditioning and physicality that we play with but for the most part we keep and retain our kids year to year. We are once again the only team in the playoffs and heading into regionals that have a full roster with plenty of (Minimum Play Kids). We will see how it goes. Usually we run into a juggernaut Miami team that puts us in our place but I have a feeling this year things could be different. Our kids are really gelling and growing into football players!


GOOD LUCK!
May the force be with you!

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3405
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If Gunther Cunningham retires are you ready to step in and coach the Lions?

Defense wins championships! Keep it up!

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Mar 10, 2008
Posts: 1974

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welp, out in 2nd round of the regionals. 0-19. Outcoached, out toughed, just flat out got beat up.

They ran off tackle with a freight train lead full back, then another freight train back right behind him that made you PAY for every tackle. Broke the will of some of our best players. It was impressive to watch even from the losing side.

Defense was stout also, nothing fancy straight up 5-3 with some very good tackling.

Another season in the books. 13-1 and another mid florida title. The boys are very prepared for high school with only 1 more year of pop warner. Hopefully we can make it to the mid florida championship again next year.

_________________
Active Arenas: Of Wolf and Man - DM 18, DM 81
Alliance: The Iron Council
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 29, 2002
Posts: 3405
Location: The Big D (etroit) area

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
Welp, out in 2nd round of the regionals. 0-19. Outcoached, out toughed, just flat out got beat up.

They ran off tackle with a freight train lead full back, then another freight train back right behind him that made you PAY for every tackle. Broke the will of some of our best players. It was impressive to watch even from the losing side.

Defense was stout also, nothing fancy straight up 5-3 with some very good tackling.

Another season in the books. 13-1 and another mid florida title. The boys are very prepared for high school with only 1 more year of pop warner. Hopefully we can make it to the mid florida championship again next year.


Start sending some of that Florida talent up to the Wolverines!

Congrats on another fine season and your work for a worthy cause!

That's Michigan, not Michigan State, on the talent! Wink

_________________
A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::