New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Manager's Halloween 2012 Tourney Predictions!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Who wants a Zombie Prize? We'll find out--either a lot of people are sandbagging their tourney rosters or there are a lot of TCs up for grabs this time out!!!

Primus
----------
TC: Bonnie R-Up: John Ashcroft Sleeper: Sebastian

I know, perhaps a snub to TUM, who dominated the last FtF Primus tourney--but Primus results have been wildly fluctuating lately with any of about a dozen warriors able to come out on top. I went back and forth on several picks--but I thought who better to win the Primus tourney, than the current reigning King of Primus? It's bold I know, but I'm feeling it! (It could just be gas as well, so maybe you shouldn't read too much into this pick)

Contenders:
--------------
TC: TMM R-Up: The Anarchist Sleeper: Mannequin

A handful of people are optimistic about their Contenders, but the bottom line is that TMM had the Final 4 in this class during the last FtF and he will be the one to beat again. There are a handful
of warriors here who are a good threat to TV, but not in a good position to TC, which is why they aren't listed. I'm looking for that manager or warrior(s) that can make a surprising run to the top.

Eligibles:
------------
TC: LHI R-Up: Floyd Sleeper: TUM

LHI has the top two returning Eligibles in this class, and even one of them sits out, he's got the other one. In any case, look for a new crop of Eligibles to make their way up to the TV ranks,
several of the contenders have cleared out and/or are not running this time out.

ADM:
------
TC: OAB R-Up: Papa Bear Sleeper: The Dark One

Information is sparse in this class, as unlike other classes, no one is admitting to busting out a super stud and no one really feels confident with their bustout warriors. It might come down to
experience this time out. There's also a decent chance that a non-busting out warrior wins it all as well.

Freshmen:
-------------
TC: Assur R-up: Manager Sleeper: Crip

Some weirdness with the Freshmen line makes this a slightly unpredictable class. These predictions could be all out the window if there are any line shenanigans or we find out the line wasn't the
real line or something like that. But in the mean time, Assur's craptastic AB looks like a prototypical Freshmen winner to me. If Job wins, I'm pretty sure he'll be the worst TC (numbers wise) of all time and that feat might never be duplicated.

Challengers:
------------------
TC: Manager R-Up: LePentarque Sleeper: OAB

Manager's best chance to end his TC drought comes in the form of Challengers, where Scomsss's Nightmare takes the mantle of most accomplished Fist AB. (Mainly due to Opal Ravioli dying) It should be a large and competitive field, even with little to no TMM presence.

Champs
-------------
TC: OAB R-Up: Grimm Sleeper: Manager

Wild guess. People keeping silent on this class, or no one feels really confident. Could be a weak field, especially with TUM and TMM sitting all their studs that would normally be available.

Adepts
----------
TC: Assur R-Up: The Dark One Sleeper: Papa Bear

This might be one of the more competitive fields of the tourney. Virus has gone from relative unknown to bright star after his shocking run during the last Mail-In. His run to the TC won't go unopposed this time out however, as Trust Buster (among others) look to pull the upset and take him out.

Inits
-------
TC: Khisanth R-Up: Otto X Sleeper: Marma Duke

Not being able to pick TUM and TMM make me feel totally naked. These predictions are based on previous rookies results as well as some scouting in the tourney arena(s)...
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the predictions, Manager!
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FINALLY....thanks Managerr Smile

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic