Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: rain32lyre
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 7
Overall: 19657

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - USPS Mailer receipt
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 2056
Location: Fargo, ND

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Friday???

I guess I can stop staring at the mailbox . . . Cry
View user's profileSend private message
Scruffy Puff
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Jul 15, 2008
Posts: 382

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:

I spoke with Sandy at RSI just now. The normal tourney mailing has not yet occurred. I said, "How come the FedEx people had their stuff mailed on Thursday and the normal mail people don't have theirs mailed yet?" And she responded, "Lee is having trouble with the newsletter. That is all I know."


I appreciate everyone's civility and tactfulness, but it's starting to get nauseating - so let's be honest. The regular mail players don't have tourney results because one or more of the FedExers was/were disappointed with results. That's it. That's the reason.

Due to the lengthy time it's taking to get the NL ready, I wonder if it will be posted on the forums as we wait for our results - which still haven't been mailed yet..?
View user's profileSend private message
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Apr 15, 2004
Posts: 2556

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scruffy Puff wrote:
One Armed Bandit wrote:

I spoke with Sandy at RSI just now. The normal tourney mailing has not yet occurred. I said, "How come the FedEx people had their stuff mailed on Thursday and the normal mail people don't have theirs mailed yet?" And she responded, "Lee is having trouble with the newsletter. That is all I know."


I appreciate everyone's civility and tactfulness, but it's starting to get nauseating - so let's be honest. The regular mail players don't have tourney results because one or more of the FedExers was/were disappointed with results. That's it. That's the reason.

Due to the lengthy time it's taking to get the NL ready, I wonder if it will be posted on the forums as we wait for our results - which still haven't been mailed yet..?


We don't know that for sure.

Perhaps they had printer problems. Perhaps there were no run-offs whatsoever, so tournaments ended with two or more 10-0s and Lee is trying to figure out how to determine the TC.

I, too, am disappointed that I'm not reading my tourney right now. However, I think its best to give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being.
View user's profileSend private message
Madwand
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Dec 05, 2004
Posts: 492
Location: Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scruffy Puff wrote:
One Armed Bandit wrote:

I spoke with Sandy at RSI just now. The normal tourney mailing has not yet occurred. I said, "How come the FedEx people had their stuff mailed on Thursday and the normal mail people don't have theirs mailed yet?" And she responded, "Lee is having trouble with the newsletter. That is all I know."


I appreciate everyone's civility and tactfulness, but it's starting to get nauseating - so let's be honest. The regular mail players don't have tourney results because one or more of the FedExers was/were disappointed with results. That's it. That's the reason.

Due to the lengthy time it's taking to get the NL ready, I wonder if it will be posted on the forums as we wait for our results - which still haven't been mailed yet..?


I too don't think this is the case. Yes some have complained about the changes to format but the Fedexers were not alone as many in Chatzy had similar feelings about it. Remember, the Fedexers go out first but this is usually followed by the rest of us. Under normal conditions, all of the Tourney packages would have been mailed long before any Fedexers received theirs much less had time to complain to Sandy or Lee.

Obviously something happened to slow down the mailing and its possible the complaints delayed it further but I cannot see how they could be the sole cause of this mess.

_________________
Madwand

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.



Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!


View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 2056
Location: Fargo, ND

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Disappointing, sure. But let 'em get it right and get it out. I'm used to waiting anxiously by the mailbox. No big deal.
View user's profileSend private message
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Jul 20, 2009
Posts: 843
Location: NYC tri-state area

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I spoke to Lee tonight and everything is getting mailed by tomorrow morning.

To make sure I don't spoil anything for anyone, I'm not saying anything else in this post about the tournament.

_________________
-Marma Duke-

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Apr 15, 2004
Posts: 2556

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For the record, I'm not saying Scruffy Puff is wrong, either. Only that I'd prefer to reserve judgement until I know for sure.
View user's profileSend private message
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Apr 15, 2004
Posts: 2556

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MarmaDuke wrote:
I spoke to Lee tonight and everything is getting mailed by tomorrow morning.

To make sure I don't spoil anything for anyone, I'm not saying anything else in this post about the tournament.


Better news than I expected to hear tonight, that's for sure. Thanks for the update, Marma Duke.
View user's profileSend private message
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 12, 2002
Posts: 4036
Location: Omaha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A few comments:

- No one held RSI hostage and threatened to quit, at least not directly. Really, if Guardian couldn't do it, what makes you think that anyone else could? That said, I believe some players may have quit once they found out what happened, and who knows if they are coming back.

- The DM community (at least those in Chatzy) were pretty unanimous both in being pissed (including several who benefited from the mistake) in suggesting pro-player solutions to the problem. Slight differences in the implementation, but when it comes down to it, i think almost everyone was on the same page.

- Everyone's been pretty much in tourney limbo, some of just have earlier rounds than others. Really, some people were suggesting they actually f--- over their customers and not deliver the tourney that they promised on just so you can get your newsletter a couple of days earlier? In 1994, I waited weeks for my tourney and stayed home for Thanksgiving Break and ate Subway Sandwiches alone on Thanksgiving in the hopes my tourney would arrive during that weekend. (Thank goodness it did) You young entitled whippersnappers don't realize how good you have it with only a week or so of a delay.

- Even if RSI did hold the Mail-In because everyone complained--you guys are blaming the other players instead of RSI for messing up to begin with? We really do have battered wife syndrome as players.

- That said, if I understand everything right kudos to RSI for coming up with a solution to the problem I think everyone will happy with. Good customer service!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressICQ Number
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Oct 03, 2005
Posts: 1500
Location: South Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since I only fought dead sentimental arena warriors, the issue doesn't really affect me.

In the future I hope the ladies are more proactive in situations like this, by making an official announcement on the web page stating that their is an issue with the tourney. No matter how bad the issue is, letting 2nd hand knowledge and hearsay be in control only upsets customers more and puts themselves in a no win situation.

_________________
Visionist/Chris

Current active teams/arenas:
Clan Longbeard DM:81
Clan Longbeard DM:107
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Aug 21, 2008
Posts: 3232
Location: Round Rock, Tx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
A few comments:

- No one held RSI hostage and threatened to quit, at least not directly. Really, if Guardian couldn't do it, what makes you think that anyone else could? That said, I believe some players may have quit once they found out what happened, and who knows if they are coming back.


I have been back about 5 years now and I still don't know what the hell happened to make all these guys quit

Managerr wrote:
- The DM community (at least those in Chatzy) were pretty unanimous both in being pissed (including several who benefited from the mistake) in suggesting pro-player solutions to the problem. Slight differences in the implementation, but when it comes down to it, i think almost everyone was on the same page.


I agree

Managerr wrote:
- Everyone's been pretty much in tourney limbo, some of just have earlier rounds than others. Really, some people were suggesting they actually f--- over their customers and not deliver the tourney that they promised on just so you can get your newsletter a couple of days earlier? In 1994, I waited weeks for my tourney and stayed home for Thanksgiving Break and ate Subway Sandwiches alone on Thanksgiving in the hopes my tourney would arrive during that weekend. (Thank goodness it did) You young entitled whippersnappers don't realize how good you have it with only a week or so of a delay.


You sir have a problem Razz Laughing

Managerr wrote:
- Even if RSI did hold the Mail-In because everyone complained--you guys are blaming the other players instead of RSI for messing up to begin with? We really do have battered wife syndrome as players.


Human nature I am affraid

Managerr wrote:
- That said, if I understand everything right kudos to RSI for coming up with a solution to the problem I think everyone will happy with. Good customer service!


Don't know if I would say Good customer service but better than I had expected although I have seen now where that they addressed or even thought about the Freshmen debacle

_________________
Gentleben
Ben's Bazaar-21
Caress of Steel-28
Secret Squirrels-32
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
View user's profileSend private message
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Apr 15, 2004
Posts: 2556

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most people I was in contact with while waiting for the tourney seemed surprised at the extreme reaction from a few players about the tournament format error and were mostly just eager to receive their results in the mail. I would be careful about confusing volume with unanimity.

From a game theory perspective, the ability of FedEx receivers to call up RSI, complain, and change the outcome of the tourney before the regular mail people had even had their stuff mailed turned FedEx from a convenience to a competitive advantage. What's done is done, so I do not wish to belabor the point or get in a protracted argument, but I can explain the logic if its not immediately apparent.

Lastly, comparing RSI's relationship to its customers as spousal abuse is probably in poor taste.

---------

This all said, I am quite happy that the issue is now resolved and our tournaments will be mailing out today, albeit a week late.

I'm looking forward to receiving it.


Last edited by One Armed Bandit on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private message
Aragorn
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Mar 07, 2004
Posts: 503

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="

This all said, I am quite happy that the issue is now resolved and our tournaments will be mailing out today, albeit a week late.

I'm looking forward to receiving it.[/quote]

Absolutely, this is the only spoiler I've been trying to find, that it has been sent. Luckily, I've avoided spoilers other than there was issues with the run-offs, but I'm glad to know this just in case I am lucky enough to make a run-off, I will read with extra care and reserved hope.

I remember those days, Manager, they were rough. I would try to forget that I'm even expecting a tournament and it was usually 3+ weeks. My warriors were awful too and still are for the most part.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
tkoxxx11
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Oct 13, 2012
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Me, Sharky, and Rhialto used to drive out to Phoenix (from California) to pick up our mailin tournaments...but it was more for the fun of the "adventure" than Jonesing to get our tournament results. It was also tradition that we'd meet up with Scott Caroll (former mgr. of Stormbringer...he did not write personal ads but I think he referred to himself as "Cool Breeze" or "Easy Rider"), and we'd often meet up with Ed Schoonover as well. Did we like getting our tournament early? Sure...but it certainly was not a big deal...and waiting a few more days certainly would not have killed us.

That being said...it kinda blows my mind that anybody would get even remotely upset about this...

It just ain't any big deal, kiddies.

Wink
View user's profileSend private message
Hombre
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster


Joined: Aug 11, 2002
Posts: 181

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That sounds a bit condescending. I dont think its just about people not getting their tournies, its about what is the proverbial straw for some people? In a lot of ways, their customer service is lacking (in some it isnt, I realize this too) but when you see friends drop out due to issues like: A tourney is paid for to be FedEx'd and they send it to another player instead. After a phone call, RSI apologizes, and a regular tourney is sent. After NUMEROUS phone calls and emails to get them to reverse the FedEx charge, they never do it. So a buddy quits. You can bet if it was one of the 'Big Spenders' they would have reversed the charge. That was a terrible business move, but more and more they dont seem to care. They know the 'Duel2 is crack to me' players will play no matter what.

In this instance, why are we going on rumors? Why does every individual have to call them? They have a forum site, why doesnt Lee post something? Make it clear, this tourney thing doesn't affect me, I play in one arena only just to hang on in hopes the AB thing changes, but depending on how this tourney fiasco is handled, it could be yet another step in the wrong direction for a lot of people.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::