New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - E mailing Personal ads.
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do RSI employees read the personal ads that are e-mailed to them? I was wondering because I sent mine in thinking it was going to be seen by a real person. But instead, I get a computer generated reply. I am just worried that the part that reads "Hello. Here are the Team Spotlight for... " will be added automatically.
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I believe they are read by a person, when they cut and paste them into newsletter. So their is no need to put a greeting or header in the email.

The thing that the computer reads is the email subject and that has to be correct for HAL to accept it, ie Personal Ads DM X or Team Spotlight DM X. If you don't have that just right HAL will reject it and not send you the confirmation reply.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

On a similar note, my last 6 e-mails to RSI (employees) for CS issues have gone completely ignored. Or at least not answered. Also a paper request. I'm getting a bit frustrated at that. Has anyone else encountered this?

Daikkan
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I have sent a few emails and got no response. It is frustrating that they don't reply.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
On a similar note, my last 6 e-mails to RSI (employees) for CS issues have gone completely ignored. Or at least not answered. Also a paper request. I'm getting a bit frustrated at that. Has anyone else encountered this?

I was in that mode for several days. Then early this AM (actually overnight) Lee answered several.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:

Try sandy@reality.com or lee@reality.com

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool. Thanks. I was worried that my greeting would be added to the newsletter. I have to admit, RSI has gotten abysmal with customer service since I've come back. You would think that having better technology would have improved the service.

I mean, it is almost two months after the Halloween tournament and no one has received a newsletter yet. That would never have happened in the old days.

I don't want to be the one complaining, maybe more is going on than we know. But this isn't the RSI I knew.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems to be one of things, Customer Service, that I have just decided to learn to live with. I had MAJOR issues in my first Hyborian War game with Naval Invasions and I never got an answer back to my question and finally had to find out on my own that despite what the rulebook says it was wrong. After 4 turns of frustration and no answer I just wrote it off as a loss.

The Customer Service is "streaky". You could get plenty of quick responses or plenty of unanswered questions. Don't take it personal it simply is what it is. It is best to try the above listed emails rather than the CSR email.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
_Buri_ wrote:

That's where I have been sending them all along

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
gentleben wrote:
_Buri_ wrote:

Don't know what to tell ya then

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
_Buri_ wrote:
gentleben wrote:
_Buri_ wrote:

Don't know what to tell ya then

Call them ?!?

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
It seems to be one of things, Customer Service, that I have just decided to learn to live with. I had MAJOR issues in my first Hyborian War game with Naval Invasions and I never got an answer back to my question and finally had to find out on my own that despite what the rulebook says it was wrong. After 4 turns of frustration and no answer I just wrote it off as a loss.

The Customer Service is "streaky". You could get plenty of quick responses or plenty of unanswered questions. Don't take it personal it simply is what it is. It is best to try the above listed emails rather than the CSR email.

I am not taking it personal. It is just frustrating. They have all of this technology and they are this sloppy in customer service. But I will be patient.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In my experience, email is the least reliable method of communication with RSI. As a consequence of having their emails listed on this website and on public forums such as this for decades, they get an astronomical level of junk email and sometimes messages from customers can fall through the cracks.

By far, I get the best results by physically mailing them a letter. They are, after all, a play-by-mail company. I use this method when I want to roll up bloodgames teams or apply prizes or submit strategies. Things that don't require an answer from them, but simply require action. Sure enough, a week or two later, I'll have Bloodgames overviews in my mail box (or whatever it is that I needed action on).

If I actually need an answer promptly, I find calling them to be the best method. I try to call between 10am and 2pm Arizona time, as there is usually someone in the office around mail time. If I can't get a hold of someone, I try again an hour or two later, or the next day, until I reach someone.

Quote:
I mean, it is almost two months after the Halloween tournament and no one has received a newsletter yet. That would never have happened in the old days.

I don't want to be the one complaining, maybe more is going on than we know. But this isn't the RSI I knew.

I suspect you either got lucky with RSI in the past, or are viewing the past through rose-tinted glasses. I'm pretty sure there were some tournies in the past where people didn't get results until a month and a half after the event, let alone newsletters.

I don't want to make apologies on behalf of RSI. They make plenty of decisions that I disagree with and there are plenty of things they can do better.

I just find it easier to enjoy my hobby by realizing that I can't change RSI. They are what they are. They run a very enjoyable PBM game or two. I mail them strategies and money, they mail me results. As far as free contests in arenas, fighting gate monsters in Primus, prizes, and the rest, that is just icing on the cake, and I try not to feel entitled to any of that. Having this outlook certainly makes my PBM experience more enjoyable.

Best of luck to you and the rest on your customer service requests!
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you missed the point and you are making it sound like I am being demanding or trying to 'change RSI'.

If I was being demanding or trying to change RSI, I would demand that they explain why they started losing my turn sheets or not sending me turn sheets at all. I didn't say that at all. I only talked about my experiences and asking what you guys do to solve the problem. I've only been back a few months and realize that things have changed.

Quote:
I suspect you either got lucky with RSI in the past, or are viewing the past through rose-tinted glasses. I'm pretty sure there were some tournies in the past where people didn't get results until a month and a half after the event, let alone newsletters.

I am afraid you are wrong on this. This current situation has never happened to me in the past. When you received your tourney results, everything was in the envelope. Since I was there and you weren't, and I don't have a need to lie about it, there is no need to debate the topic.

If you are like me, you don't have the cash to make an international phone call every time you have a question. If I didn't set the cash aside before my life was turned on it's head, I wouldn't be playing now. I will try regular mail. Of course this is slow as hell compared to e-mail and not a realistic solution when you are dealing with a game that has deadlines.

I also find that the game is more enjoyable when your stuff arrives and you aren't left in question limbo. I would like to point out, again, that I am not bashing RSI or 'feeling entitled'. I am trying to be as understanding as possible. Thus the questions.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
I think you missed the point and you are making it sound like I am being demanding or trying to 'change RSI'.

I was just trying to be helpful and offer my advice on how best to contact RSI, and offer a different perspective on the level of their customer service over the years.

Best of luck.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic