New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Tourney lines
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hombre
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So I asked for my ADM mini's and one of my slashers that had ended up in ADM the last two tournies still says Freshman. Was really hoping they would have fixed that.

Also, unless people are incredibly hush-hush about this kind of stuff, I have a warrior who has:

base of: 35
learned: 91
stat trains: 15
skills from stats: 31

And is still listed as freshman. Can anyone tell me if that could be correct? Seems over the line to me but I don't really keep track of that very well. Thanks all for your help -
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would bet almost anything he's ADM as he's over 130ish skills in total. With the burns he's got going on, he's probably somewhere in the middle 1/3 of the ADM tourney.

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What ratings?

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

157 total skills? Definitely an ADM, according to the line of the past few years.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mini says Fresh .......
entry completed .......
examine black book at Face (one more ADM, one less Fresh than expected).......
entry pulled .....
or HOW I RAN MORE ADM WARRIORS THAN PLANNED

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For the last three tourneys, most people are getting mini overviews that 'SAY' that anyone eligible for Home Guard is a Freshmen. Minis are showing the same thing this time.

While it is possible RSI will raise the line for actual Freshmen, so far the minis are not dependable.

This guy is WAY above what the Freshmen line has been
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not that I've been in a tourney for years I have a side question about Hombre's guy. He shows 157 total skills, 31 of which are from the 15 stat trains. Does that still equal out to a 187 (forget the abbreviation used- DI?) or just the 157? If you say have 1 stat train and it's to DF 11, which gives 6 skills, does it count as 6 skills or 6+2 for the stat train? To better quantify my question does his guy have 31 skills from stat trains or 31+30 (15*2) for stat trains?

In case I decide to enter some ADM warriors from my recent, and semi-recent, graduates I'd be interested in knowing.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have always felt the skills plus stat raises time 2 has been suspect since I returned in 2005. In the past year or two it has become totally useless for predicting the Freshman line, because stat raises has been removed from the
equation.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That guys is ADM 100%.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Not that I've been in a tourney for years I have a side question about Hombre's guy. He shows 157 total skills, 31 of which are from the 15 stat trains. Does that still equal out to a 187 (forget the abbreviation used- DI?) or just the 157? If you say have 1 stat train and it's to DF 11, which gives 6 skills, does it count as 6 skills or 6+2 for the stat train? To better quantify my question does his guy have 31 skills from stat trains or 31+30 (15*2) for stat trains?

In case I decide to enter some ADM warriors from my recent, and semi-recent, graduates I'd be interested in knowing.

DI is not an official stat, so there is no rule on how to compute it. That said, the number most people used is Total skills + 2 * trains. It does not differentiate between base, learned, bonus or trained skills. In this case Total skills = 157, 2x trains = 30, 157+30 = 187.

It it a general consensus that DI is less reliable than total skills for determining tourney classification.

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks everyone for responding. I don't mind posting that it's a total parry:

11-->13
17-->22
17-->21
11-->15

Init = no rating
Rip = Master +1
Att = Master +7
Par = Master +7
Def = Master +6
Dec = Expert

If he IS adm, which I also expect, why are the mini's still being sent out this way? Especially after so many people got mad after the last tourney. (The question is rhetorical at this point...) Has anyone been refunded after their warriors fought ADM when they were listed as Frosh?
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Otto_X wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

DI is not an official stat, so there is no rule on how to compute it. That said, the number most people used is Total skills + 2 * trains. It does not differentiate between base, learned, bonus or trained skills. In this case Total skills = 157, 2x trains = 30, 157+30 = 187.

It it a general consensus that DI is less reliable than total skills for determining tourney classification.

That's what I figured on both counts. I know DI is very "iffy" but combining the 2 will sometimes help determine if a guy should be run another fight before it crosses the line or not; giving more weight to total skills of course.

Thanks for the clarification!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic