New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104524

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - I think I leanred something new.
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems that whatever I think makes a good aimed blow makes a better lunger. I've been playing around with Terrablood's simulated warrior creator and what I think makes an awesome aimed blow turns out to be a better lunger. Neutral
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pretty much everyone has had that thought at one point or another, thinking that everything makes a better LU because of the high skill base.

People overlook the high endurance burn (LUs are rarely worth making with < 17 WL), the frequent inability to learn Dec (LUs often need some hit points because they will get jumped), and various other intangibles.

STs, for instance, despite their low skill base, have all the intangibles lined up in their favorand are frequently worth making. ABs, too. I would give any 21 DF capable warrior serious consideration as an AB, and also some of the 17 DF ones.
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well said OAB.

I thought the same way years ago, but quickly realized that skills are only half of the puzzle to creating a good warrior. Some style warriors can have tons of skills, but if they don't have the physicals to go with them he is going to struggle to win and survive and that is the name of the game.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
york
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Point in fact, I made a mistake and made an AB a LU and a LU an AB. While the AB died early, the LU looked like he was gonna be a force to be feared. Started with 1adx and 2 ex. All I had to do was keep him alive long enough to correct a few issues, in short he need a DMG rating bump and 2 cn points. After 14 fights or so and a tourney, my pain and suffering ended last turn with his death, he seem curse at every corner, and couldn't get a stat raise to save his life. 11-7-8-21-8 (9)-8-8-21, 8 tries, 9 if you count the turn he died and not 1 st raise, he earned about 6 sk in att, ini, rip, and def. not 1 sk was made in dec. (unless you count the burn on the WL train). MST in, and adx in at, rip, and def.

In short, listen to OAB, after this mistake was done, I thought I stumbled on to something great myself, ooohhhhhh how wrong I was!!!
york
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Using TB generator you can jump to the same conclusion about LU, SL, WS as they have the highest skill bases.
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
People overlook the high endurance burn (LUs are rarely worth making with < 17 WL), the frequent inability to learn Dec (LUs often need some hit points because they will get jumped), and various other intangibles.

In principle, I agree with this statement, but Will != Endurance. I'm more than willing to make a 9 will warrior into a Lunger if it has enough endurance. Granted that 9 will lunger is going to have really high strength and constitution, but I am willing to do it.

In practice, I, personally, rarely make Lungers without 21 will (with most exceptions having 21 wit).
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You guys are stricter than I am. I am willing to go as low as 16 will for a lunger.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot, you learned some good stuff, esp about the base skills and the Terrablood info; it will always come in handy.

For us, we do not really have any restrictions for the lowest WL on a LU. Probably 15, but we might go lower for a specific design or a specific warrior.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This was for the guy spamming the forum.----->Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Longshot on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

8 WL LU is scary to me.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic