New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - This is disappointing.
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a friend interested in the game. He has been trying to get roll ups since 20 November 2012. He sent this to me about five minutes ago.

"I have officially given up on RSI. Done. They apparently don't want my money."

The guy had never had to deal with RSI before. He has tried to order form on the website, and he even sent it directly to the employers.

I tried to get one a couple of months ago and still haven't gotten it.

This behavior is disappointing.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That sucks

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This may be a bigger part of the problem with keeping new or returning managers rather than them feeling "they cannot compete with experienced managers".

Assume they have an issue or question about something that happened. Even if they may have thought there was an error made and yet it was simply a little known FACT or RULE about the game. They attempt contact through the CSR email or even Sandy or Lee's email to get a resolution or an answer to a question. They get no reply and figure "SCREW this I have better things I could spend my money on even though this game interests me!"

I give for example in Hyborian War 864 the rules say a Navy doesn't need an Invasion Intent to invade a coastal land province. I have a trapped army with too few units to invade (8 are needed; I had 2) and since it's not connected by land I can't get new units to them. I send my Navy to invade and re-connect my army to home. 4 turns in a row I get no Invasion. After 2 turns I email them both (Lee and Sandy) and ask what's up with my Invasions. NO RESPONSE. After the 4th fail I drop the game and ask them if there was an error in the rules and see if I could get some of that $28 refunded. NO ANSWER. On my own I discover Navies do have to Intent to Invade a land province and the rulebook is wrong!!!

If I were a first time player with RSI I'd have NEVER dealt with them again. I would have been a new customer lost who may even bring friends or family to the game. That said they lost my money, $7 a turn, for 10+ turns by simply not replying to my emails (totalling 3 each to Sandy and Lee). The number of players we have lost to these types of issues through my 10 years back is frustrating to say the least!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, it does suck.I had convinced him to come to DM-8 with me. God knows they need the teams. I suggested sending it by regular post and his reply was, "Why should I waste a stamp if they ignored my last three attempts?"

the man has a point.
bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
Yes, it does suck.I had convinced him to come to DM-8 with me. God knows they need the teams. I suggested sending it by regular post and his reply was, "Why should I waste a stamp if they ignored my last three attempts?"

the man has a point.

i'm surprised no one else has said this but there are guys here who will give away free team sheets. hell, PM me his address and i'll send him 10. they don't have studs but it'll get him going.

never let RSI's poor customer service dissuade a potential new recruit if at all possible. this community will do its best to pick up the slack.

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bubbaganoosh wrote:
Longshot wrote:

the man has a point.

i'm surprised no one else has said this but there are guys here who will give away free team sheets....

...never let RSI's poor customer service dissuade a potential new recruit if at all possible. this community will do its best to pick up the slack.

This is what I was intending to log in here and say. I thought about it after I submitted that last post but was to lazy to do it

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a stash of good rollups that I'd be happy to go through and get one for your friend. Not fabulous, but should be 3-4 solid runnable guys at least.

As far as the larger problem - yes - customer service has been challenging in certain respects these days.
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Never use this site or any of its functions to contact RSI. Either write a letter or call directly 480 - 967 - 7979 ...

Sorry your friend didn't have good luck but sounds like he used outdated or non working means to contact them.

Also .. People here are more than willing to give free roll ups away.

Sounds like your buddy could be joining you in arena 8 next turn if he really wants to.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Likewise - we are alway willing to provide a solid rollup to any newby. Many oldtimers have them ready for the asking.

(Although, we did pass on all the problem info above to Lee.)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Consortium.

It is funny that e-mail is considered out dated.Smile

Do you guys mind sending me the roll ups and I forward them to him? I don't know if he is comfortable just putting his address out there.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
Thanks Consortium.

It is funny that e-mail is considered out dated.Smile

Do you guys mind sending me the roll ups and I forward them to him? I don't know if he is comfortable just putting his address out there.

where do I send it
leaving early am for Tempe - will have to send upon return
please follow up after Face

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
york
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ru 9-9-9-17-12-9-5, 12-8-9-9-11-13-8, 9-7-11-14-11-13-5
4-12-17-12-12-5-8, 16-5-13-9-14-9-4

Decent first team for him, PM me somewhere to send it and Ill throw in 6 to 10 more that are decent,

York
stormlord
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

york wrote:
Ru 9-9-9-17-12-9-5, 12-8-9-9-11-13-8, 9-7-11-14-11-13-5
4-12-17-12-12-5-8, 16-5-13-9-14-9-4

York

That really is a good team roll up for a newbie's first team. Can make the beginnings of a nice and diverse stable. Hope it keeps Longshot's friend interested enough to stay on for awhile.
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am also trying to get him and another guy to play. This is a great game. It sucks that it is this hard to get something going.
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree it's best not to try to get anything from RSI by email or especially not web forms. Send them snail mail, or call.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic