New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 5-9-14-15-9-6-12
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Assurnasirbanipal wrote:
I'm sure you see a trend with these designs, with people slightly altering where they put the last couple of points.

My design: 9-9-14-21-10-8-13 STK/B/PS
(Yes, the Basher is weapon challenged, but it wouldn't be the first time for me...)

That is because you are to bashers what I used to be to parry riposte.Smile
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree going 17 WT/DF for a PR, but I don't make PR's that big. Good luck with him.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
york
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for all the advice. You all are right about wasting the 21 WT. Im just gonna suck it up and be top heavy on ST/BA's if I was to use this for a PR it would be a 17/17,

In my current state of mind, FLOYD1 suggestion is the best choice for me, just had a rash of VF , VLE, and low carries die off, and for training with a 9WL - I just sent one to his death because he failed like 5 or 6 times at trying to get his first ST train.

Again thanks for all the input.

York
york
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After seeing OAB's chat on Chatzy I decided to revisit this one, I figured I must be missing something !!!! What is getting me on this RU for a PR is the SZ if it was a 10 SZ this design wouldnt be in question, but that being said, I feel a PR needs the following 1) 15 WT/DF 2) must do atleast good damage 3) should have normal HPs + 4) should be able to tank up and go 5mins + 5) use of the SC

With OAB's design I get most of this: #1 is a given, #2 is 93% , #3 is a given, #4 is a problem - 18 point carry (needs 3 stat increase to bump) and most likely VL End so an ASM tankup with weapons is gonna be the top end and probably burn at 3 mins (max), #5 is a given.

#4 can be offset with 1 train in ST - should move to poor end and would be able to get 5 to 8 mins out of him. Would feel better in APM and F Helm but not in the stars for this guy.

So what the Hell, OAB's design wins !! Besides the DA is always just one turn away and a new RU!!!

Now taking bets, this RU with those #'s will get me Normal Damage. and the 1 ST train will take 4 tries min.
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't make this guy a PR under any circumstances. It has too many flaws to make a good PR. I would go with it's strength, the 21 WT, and make it a ST. You will win more fights and save yourself a lot of grief.

10-9-14-21-9-8-13 ST

11-9-14-21-10-6-13 ST

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For what its worth, I think this guy would make a better ST than anything else.

But since you stated that you had too many on the team, I liked the PR idea next best. My Chatzy comments were not meant to imply that you were making a mistake by making it a ST, just that some people think that there is something magical about 17 DF on PRs and it perplexes me.

Best of luck, whatever you decide!
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And one other thing: I think your reluctance to train stats with a 21 WT/9 WL warrior is well founded. While the warrior you design might not be perfect, it is far better to live with those imperfections than to sacrifice turns of super skill learning for poor stat training.
york
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gonna have to take some time off and slow down a bit. Been nonstop for the last 2 weeks 16+ hours a day. Half ass reading my own thread and jumping the gun. Really thought OAB was implying that this RU was a better PR than ST.

Everyone agrees it should be a ST. Well, off to work and hopefully back in time to do a few turn sheets in time to fax.

Thanks all!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

york wrote:
Gonna have to take some time off and slow down a bit. Been nonstop for the last 2 weeks 16+ hours a day. Half ass reading my own thread and jumping the gun. Really thought OAB was implying that this RU was a better PR than ST.

Everyone agrees it should be a ST. Well, off to work and hopefully back in time to do a few turn sheets in time to fax.

Thanks all!

It may be that EVERYONE (including us) agrees it is a striker, BUT it is YOUR warrior and it can/should be whatever you want to make it. Sometimes going against the flow is a fine thing!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Consortium, make it the way you want. The reason I prefer WT/DF of 17/17 over 21/15 for PR's is they seem to be blessed in skill areas more often. Plus it gives you 2 more points to put toward stats that affect physicals. If you want a different style, design and run it like a Striker, but make it a PS.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic