New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Duelmasters NCAA bracket
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Street, how about an update after the Sweet 16 is determined?
Name - current points - potential points, etc?

(just to give you something to do?) Wink Cool

With such a SWEET avatar how can I refuse?! I will endeavor to do so!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Place - Bracket Name - 1st rd pts - 2nd rd pts - Winner - Pts - Possible Points

1 Dwayne Chun's Bracket 24 22 - - - New Mexico 46 110
2 Bohica 25 20 - - - Louisville 45 153
3 The Lep 22 22 - - - Michigan St. 44 156
4 Johns Hopkins isn't in it?!? 21 22 - - - Louisville 43 147
4 Visionist 25 18 - - - Indiana 43 143
6 My Other Bracket Joind the ACC 22 20 - - - Florida 42 166
6 Bell's Spectacular Bracket 22 20 - - - Florida 42 154
6 DG's Off the Wall Picks 22 20 - - - Miami (FL) 42 126
9 *Street Legal 19 22 - - - Louisville 41 161
9 The Consortium 21 20 - - - Kansas 41 153
9 Mannequin's Killer Picks 19 22 - - - Gonzaga 41 105
12 One Armed Bracket 21 18 - - - Louisville 39 163
13 Floyd's Unbelievable Bracket 23 14 - - - Syracuse 37 145
14 Stillgard's Slammers 21 14 - - - Indiana 35 135
14 I'mABrickAndI'mDrowningSlowly 17 18 - - - Louisville 35 115

Apologies for formatting but it's a copy and paste to avoid extra typing!

Bonus Info:

Place- Bracket Name- Remaining teams in the: Sweet 16 - Elite 8 - Final 4

1 Dwayne Chun's Bracket - 11/6/3
2 Bohica - 10/5/3
3 The Lep - 11/6/3
4 Johns Hopkins isn't in it?!? - 11/6/2
4 Visionist - 9/5/2
6 My Other Bracket Joind the ACC - 10/7/4
6 Bell's Spectacular Bracket - 10/6/3
6 DG's Off the Wall Picks - 10/5/2
9 *Street Legal - 11/6/4
9 The Consortium - 10/6/3
9 Mannequin's Killer Picks - 11/6/3
12 One Armed Bracket - 9/7/4
13 Floyd's Unbelievable Bracket - 7/5/3
14 Stillgard's Slammers - 7/5/2
14 I'mABrickAndI'mDrowningSlowly - 9/4/2

Bonus Nuggets:

- Our picks have between 7 and 11 remaining Sweet 16 teams; 5 with 11

- We all have at least 4 of the Elite 8 still alive but nobody's Elite 8 are all alive; One Armed Bandit and Master Darque are tops with 7 each

- We all have at least 2 Final 4 still alive; Myself, One Armed Bandit, and Master Darque have our Final 4 intact so far

- 2 of our pickers have had their eventual winner eliminated already - Manager and Mannequin

- A good majority of us fell for Gonzaga, and I was wishing I could repick my bracket after the Southern game, with 8 of 15 of us having them in the Elite 8, 2 in the Final 4, and one (Mannequin) had them in the final game and even winning it; I had them losing to Ohio State in the Elite 8

- FGCU broke most of our brackets early, nobody picked them so they hit us all again in round 2 by winning! 10 of our 15 had Georgetown in the Elite 8, 8 of us had them in the Final 4, and 1 had them losing in the Finals; I had them losing to Michigan in the Elite 8

- Yahoo has 3,329,637 registered brackets; 5 people have 55 of a possible 64 points so far, 13 have 54 points, 32+ have 53 points; of the top 50, which is all they allow you to see, the highest "Possible Points" on the list are 2 people with 179 and a perfect bracket would be 192!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

great summaries Cool

gooooo Jayhawks!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel like the guy who has a 10-0 during the tourney, but has yet to run into Meat or Pepp, so you know you don't have an actual chance of TC'ing. Sad
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
I feel like the guy who has a 10-0 during the tourney, but has yet to run into Meat or Pepp, so you know you don't have an actual chance of TC'ing. Sad

Don't be discouraged! As long as Louisville, Michigan State, Indiana, Florida, Miami (FL), Kansas, or Syracuse don't "Cut down the net" in the end you could still win this Laughing .

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

Yeah, but you won the 1st TOGS Idea

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Managerr wrote:

Shocked Shocked *points at Wayne* Shocked Shocked You spoke the word that shall never again be spoken: T**S. The wrath of Sue will soon be upon you. Especially if someone decides to try and organize another in Aradi! Rolling Eyes Cool Laughing

Thomas Jefferson
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Managerr wrote:

I had not heard that . . .

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Triple Post!

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Street_Legal on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Double post.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Street_Legal on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well if my math is correct if Michigan can beat Syracuse than I should have this thing on lock as I was the only one who picked them getting into the final game! Never doubt the ferocity of a Wolverine, especially if your some sort of "Jayhawk"! What a game that was!!! Cool

Now if this team, of Freshman and Sophomores at it's core, stays together we can do this again next year! With some good fortune we may win this year as Louisville lost it's second best guard. I feel bad for the kid and hope he makes a full recovery. My good fortune was to have stood up to get a drink and CBS deciding not to replay it 50 times, like the Joe Theisman or Tim Krumrie injuriesd so I didn't have to see it.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Street_Legal on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, Street, if all three of your maths are correct ............ Rolling Eyes

Scruffy Puff
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Well if my math is correct if Michigan can beat Syracuse than I should have this thing on lock as I was the only one who picked them getting into the final game! Never doubt the ferocity of a Wolverine, especially if your some sort of "Jayhawk"! What a game that was!!! Cool

Congrats! If Michigan beats Syracuse, you deserve our league victory. I never would have picked Michigan in a million years to win their region.

Street_Legal wrote:

With some good fortune we may win this year as Louisville lost it's second best guard. I feel bad for the kid and hope he makes a full recovery.

Ware is more like Louisville's 5th best guard, but I get your point, and the Cardinals will definitely miss his energy coming off the bench. However, they may rally around the adversity and use it as motivation. I still think they're heavy favorites no matter who they play.
TUM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

I just saw this line, and it made me laugh out loud. I'm trying to embrace the role of villain. I'm just not that good at it! Old ADM warriors should enjoy beating up on poor Meat for the next few tourneys...

Don/TUM
TUM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

I just saw this line, and it made me laugh out loud. I'm trying to embrace the role of villain. I'm just not that good at it! Old ADM warriors should enjoy beating up on poor Meat for the next few tourneys...

Don/TUM
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic