New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 108423

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 2013 Spring Mailer SPOILERS***********
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
trmweb
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Madwand wrote:
Did newsletters come with those received by USPS?

Would appreciate it if someone could email me a scanned copy.

Yes, Lee did a really good job on the Tourney Newsletter. I would scan and send, but my scanner is very wimpy and slow. I'll have to defer to someone with better equipment. It would great if RSI gave us a link to the PDF. Maybe it's there using the previous namining standard.
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Newsletter:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwpj6IsvXDveLXJ0RlZhMHhubE0/edit?usp=sharing

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Otto for posting that. How does one know who the style masters are for the Primus tourney?
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

trmweb wrote:
Madwand wrote:
Did newsletters come with those received by USPS?

Would appreciate it if someone could email me a scanned copy.

Yes, Lee did a really good job on the Tourney Newsletter. I would scan and send, but my scanner is very wimpy and slow. I'll have to defer to someone with better equipment. It would great if RSI gave us a link to the PDF. Maybe it's there using the previous namining standard.

twas Jorja, we are sure Cool

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

58%: 2 of 18 awards; arena warriors - SL, AB.
Quite satisfied.
Congrats to the TCers Exclamation

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got my tourney via priority mail Monday, well done ladies!

In my continuing quest to TV all ten styles I once again sent almost exclusively PRs, plungers, and slashers, needing those styles still. You're all welcome.

PRs: I had one timed adept sent, Sway of Bloodgood, a nice setup who hadn't done anything to this point and this was likely his last chance....started off 7-1.... Shocked Very Happy Shocked .....my mouth was dry reading the fights, this was my chance....he finished 7 and @#$%$ing 3! DAMN. IT!!! Mad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

SO CLOSE to finally getting my PR TV....now he's in champs and not much hope there. I did have a rookie PR and a SL in apps also pull a 5-3. They were my other best records of 15 sent. My one Sunset warrior underperformed untimed for inits.

Congrats to the TCs and TVs!

Last edited by Stik on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

50 warriors sent. Combined record 194-152-9-2 with 6 awards. The awards went to 2 BA, 2 AB, 1 SL, and 1 TP.

The highlights:

- ADM TC with Chatty Cabalist, a SL who began life as 8-8-5-21-21-10-11. He didn't get normal damage until 12 ST, so bypassed all tournaments until ADM. Largely untested, I was ecstatic that he won the ADM TC. SL is now my 5th style to TC. A far cry from Mannequin's TC round robin, but its a start.

- ADM RU with Snake Oil Salesman, another largely untested warrior, this one an AB. Was happy that he made it to the finals and that he lost to Chatty Cabalist.

- Freshmen RU with Spare Anchor. Despite Lee fixing Freshmen and despite all the late graduates and Bloodgamer bust-outs, Spare Anchor (and Surly Deckhand) showed that physical specimens of the less popular styles can still hang in Freshmen. Spare Anchor's 3rd Runner-Up, I hope he can win the TC one of these days.

- Sushi Slinger, my Primus SL, was the only Slasher to enter Primus. So he wins the SL stylemaster award with his astonishing 0-5 performance! I guess there is a reward for stubbornness.

The disappointments:

- 5 of my 6 awards came from my 11 ADM-level entries. Only 1 came from my 39 Basic-level entries. At least my strengths and weaknesses are now crystal clear.

- My zombie AB died for the second tournament in a row, in Champions. Hopefully she can shine in ADM.

- My one successful basic warrior, Orc Tenderloin, died at 7-3 in Adepts. A former Rookie TV and Initiates Runner-Up, he was my star. Now I have zero good warriors in basic!

Overall, I couldn't be more thrilled with how the tourney went. I targeted ADM with two bust-outs, a SL busting WT and WL and an AB busting DF, and they met or exceeded my expectations. I was hoping to find a gem or two in lower basic and I still have a little hope of that. Had an Apprentice TV go 8-3, so she is primed for Inits. Had a few nice looking Rookies land at 4 FE, so they are primed for Apprentices. We'll see what the future brings.

Congrats to all the winners!

Last edited by One Armed Bandit on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't we normally have someone post all of the winners for the tournament and their managers? Or did chatzy kill all tourney results talk here?

Well, I had a pretty good tournament. Above .500 overall, which has been a hard standard for me to hit in the past - since I usually run a bunch of arena guys. Was it fewer arena guys who made the change this time? No, those guys actually went above .500.

The big news for my guys was making it to my second ever final round. In rookies, Goody Twoshoes ran the table from 7-2 all the way to 13-2-1 and the final. Unfortunately, for me at least, this was my second rookies final with a striker - and both met up with a ripper in the final. Goody had a shot, but came up short. Congrats to the winner. Dang! UIf I had had the time I would have posted him in the "best rookies" thread, so at least I had identified my best shot.

In ADM I had Thelonius busting out and he manager to go 6-3. Not bad, but since he only hit a couple of trains, I'm left wondering "what if." Still, not bad.

I guess a Fools tourney final doesn't count - but I did make it to the apprentices final round there as well. Lost that one also.

Still, a good tournament overall.

Congrats to all the winners. I almost got there.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
Don't we normally have someone post all of the winners for the tournament and their managers? Or did chatzy kill all tourney results talk here?

Class - TC style (manager)/RU style (manager)

Primus - John Ashcroft AB (TMM)/The Reaper AB (Chief I)
Contenders - Credit Line AB (TUM)/Eternal D.J. PL (Anarchist)
Eligibles - The Monarch AB (TMM)/Tenacious TP (Mannequin)
ADM - Chatty Cabalist SL (OAB)/Snake Oil Salesman AB (OAB)
Freshmen - Trust Buster 1 AB (TDO)/Spare Anchor TP (OAB)
Challengers - Sebastian AB (LHI)/Buck Rogers LU (TGG)
Champions - Fang AB (Khisanth)/Virus LU (Assur)
Adepts - Blasphemy ST (TDO)/Linear Button TP (TMM)
Initiates - Kriss Kringle ST (TDO)/Shatter ST (TDO)
Apprentices - Moses AB (Assur)/Beemo PR (TMM)
Rookies - Nightmare PR (TDO)/Goody Twoshoes ST (Nomad)

Last edited by One Armed Bandit on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone know who we're the Prinus Stylemasters? (Other than Jake and Sushi)
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One thing really struck me looking at the newsletter: did we just witness the ultimate tourney killer at his bloody work?? Shocked Twisted Evil Shocked

HO. LY. CRAP......Aeryn Sun of Ottodrome 74 in the adepts tourney....5 FREAKIN' KILLS?!?? IN A TOURNAMENT??!!?!?? I'm thinking I may be glad my PR didn't TV because there was a damn good chance he would have met THIS guy the following round!

With the Ottodrome team name, I'm guessing this is Otto X's guy? If it's not Mannequin's it's amazing.....who claims this beast??

Maybe this has been all over chatzy but I'm not on there so here you go. I have NEVER seen a guy in a tournament with a record like that....

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
One thing really struck me looking at the newsletter: did we just witness the ultimate tourney killer at his bloody work?? 8O :twisted: 8O

With the Ottodrome team name, I'm guessing this is Otto X's guy? If it's not Mannequin's it's amazing.....who claims this beast??

Awesome warrior and record! Otto X is indeed the culprit. Hard to imagine that there has been that kind of record outside of the Bloodgames before.

Hide your women and children, there is a new killer in town...
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
One thing really struck me looking at the newsletter: did we just witness the ultimate tourney killer at his bloody work?? Shocked Twisted Evil Shocked

HO. LY. CRAP......Aeryn Sun of Ottodrome 74 in the adepts tourney....5 FREAKIN' KILLS?!?? IN A TOURNAMENT??!!?!?? I'm thinking I may be glad my PR didn't TV because there was a damn good chance he would have met THIS guy the following round!

Maybe this has been all over chatzy but I'm not on there so here you go. I have NEVER seen a guy in a tournament with a record like that....

Yes, Aeryn is mine. She's such a nice person though. I blame Mannequin -- I think he hypnotized her or something.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

fwiw Smile Waffle runner-upped the apprentices in Jan 2012 with a final record of 14-3-4.

but, 5 tourney kills is impressive

Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
trmweb
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OAB - Appreciate your lists!

Is 7 of 11 AB TCers high or low these days?

I must admit I greatly enjoyed watching my Rookie AB discover his rhythm and weapon. I'm amazed that a critical hit with a shortsword can do so much damage to a fully armored-up TP!

Trim
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic