New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Best Turn EVER!!!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I was almost right. I did say you could repeat.

Congratulations again.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I came pretty close to guessing his faves!

Vortex (17-12-1,114)
12(1)-14-13-13-17-5-11 WS GOOD/GOOD -2 ATT/+1 or 2 PAR

BS (did well with it but seemed to do better with QS, at the end, he did break both his opponents weapons with the BS via parries in his most recent fight; didn't crit much with SC)

MO/VL ( hard to tell I varied a lot between 5-3-5 and 5-1-5 open or parry so I ventured MO/LO) (got half this one)

Parry tactic (got this one)

DEC learn (also got this one)

Just goes to show nailing, or nearly nailing, your faves can improve your w/l with a marginal warrior. Learned 49 skills in 28 fights, only trained ST one attempt to try and hit GREAT damage, so I stuck to skills since he learned a bit above what I usually expect a 13 WT to learn; plus the interesting amount of DEC.

I'm making a separate post for him as he had an interesting graduation, as far as criteria go.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

(double post)

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Street_Legal on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's been AWFUL quiet on the boards lately so I'll post this now to give people something new to read and possibly comment on.

I'm in the midst of the most amazing, awards, run of my Duelmasters career; when speaking of the career one must use the term Duelmasters, and not Duel 2, when one began playing in 1985 (turn 20 of Tobir was my first ever turn)!

Here is where it stands:

ALL 7 awards, 6 awards, 3 awards, 4 awards (with a tie at 8-7-0, for current top team, for a semi-5th award), 6 awards,and now this last turn 6 more awards. If I fail to get a 6 award turn in the next 3 turns, or a 5 award turn on turn 732, then I still would have 8 consecutive free turns! That's 16 weeks, or 4 months, of TOTALLY FREE Duelmasters (I only run in that 1 arena, DM14)!

I also graduated the before mentioned WS, Vortex (my 4th ever WS graduate), and now on this 6 award turn, 729, I graduated only my 2nd ever PS! He got crap favorite rhythms, nice weapon, and his learns were ALL over the board, as discussed in another thread about why the PS is so hard to find a good one!

I am pleased to announce my 53rd ever graduate, and 2ne ever PS, to you the fine Managers of Duelmasters/Duel2:

Sidewinder (16-6-0) 7-13-13-21-10-9-11 PS appears to be mode but a few areas not cleared up, POOR/GOOD, learned skills: 9/3/4/18/9/10 faves: BS, VL/MO PAR skills no tactic

I had thought he was a SC fave since he was lobbing crits at about a 40% rate even though he was unsuited and only had 7 ATT skills(his base) when I first noticed it, he didn't learn his first ATT skill until around his 12th fight. Before that I was using the SS against light armor and he would throw an occasional crit. I had his AL correct as I ran him 9 or 10-5-6 minute 1 5-6-5 response desperation and would slow in the mid minutes into the 7-5-6, 6-5-6, or 6-3-6 range and 5-1-9 minute 6+.I ran him once at 10-4-6 and he didn't throw as many crits, probably just bad rolls but I took it as a sign and went back to MO Activity after that!

Thomas Jefferson
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't think I'd ever had 7 awards before and was surprised about it - having been playing for a long, long time, but recently matched the achievement!

http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules/Newsletters/a019t717.htm
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Only 3 teams fought that turn, so kind of cheesy, but I had no control over it!
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

theDarkOne wrote:
Only 3 teams fought that turn, so kind of cheesy, but I had no control over it!

Hey bro to quote a great Philosopher of the 20th Century(or 21st not sure when he said it) "It ain't easy being Cheesy!"

It's not easy to do because Judith usually has a warrior with 40+ fights languishing as the Overall Popularity Leader so things have to fall into place. I just happened to kill her 43 FE warrior and her next highest was 14 then 2FE, then 1 FE.

http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules/Newsletters/a014t724.htm

I think there were 5 teams running when I got my 7! Congrats!

I'm just proud to say I got an accomplishment before TDO .... and many other great managers! Cool Laughing Wink

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Had a quick peek at the awards as I prefer to wait for the mail to see how my only active warriors fights/results were!

Looks like only 5 awards this turn. Crying or Very sad

2 turns left to get 6 and extend the streak beyond 8 free turns. Or 5 awards the turn after next.

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought you couldn't stockpile free fights/turns from winning awards. If you ran the table for awards (as you have done, congrats again!) you could still only get one free turn maximum, appliable the following turn only. Am I wrong in this??

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
I thought you couldn't stockpile free fights/turns from winning awards. If you ran the table for awards (as you have done, congrats again!) you could still only get one free turn maximum, appliable the following turn only. Am I wrong in this??

No you're right but you may have forgotten that 6 awards is THREE free turns! If it was 1 and 3 free turns and not "the following 1/3 turns are free" I'd have earned 13 free turns!

So this is how it's happened:

Turn:
724- ALL 7 awards (so 725-727 free) (I had 2 free fights on this turn from awards from turn 723 Wink )
*725- 6 awards (so 726-728 free)
*726- 3 awards
*727- 4 awards (with a tie at 8-7-0, for current top team, for a semi-5th award)
*728- 6 awards, just snuck in on the last free turn (so 729-731 free)
*729- 6 awards (so 730-732 free)
*730- 5 awards
*731- TBD
*732- TBD

'*'- denotes a turn that was free of charge

So I need 6 awards in the next 2 turns or a 5 award on turn 732 to keep up the streak! So basically I've paid $7.75 over the last 7 turns (9 turns total if it doesn't go past 732). I REALLY needed it too as my Comp case is STILL unsettled, 32 months unpaid and running, so I'm living off Social Security Disability of $717/month Embarassed Crying or Very sad Mad Evil or Very Mad with help from my Father Embarassed , at the age of 42 Embarassed .

Venting follows... thanks for giving me a chance to do so (if you read it)

Oh and due to a law change, 7 months after they stopped paying me, and 5 and a half years after the initial injury (3 more ankle fractures after first ankle fracture while I was supposed to be on limited duty but good ole' Target didn't follow Doctor's restrictions), they won't have to give me my lost wages back pay of nearly $22,000. Their Doc said I'm cleared for work so they stopped Comp payments, but because my Doc says I still have restrictions and need surgery they won't let me back to work. But to get my pay I had to be looking for a job, but if my employer won't let me back who's going to hire an injured worker with so many people looking for jobs(and for those that know I am disabled to begin with from a gun shot).

Not only that but precedent has been set, and upheld, that if you don't search the "Employment Universe" and make at least 5-10 applications a week it doesn't count as "looking for a job". WTF is the "Employment Universe" and how is it applied by each different magistrate in every other case so that a person knows what to do to protect their rights Question That was the term used in the precedent setting case!

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it was fun while it lasted! 8 Free turns in a row is finally over and done with. I JUST missed this turn when my Aimer lost on a challenge against Judith's 7-14-0 WS. I got 4 awards and missed "Top Current Team" by a 9-6-0 to 8-7-2; I was 4-1 this turn had I won that fight, which my Aimer has beaten her WS twice before, I believe, I'd have won the tie break with kills!

Turn:
724- ALL 7 awards (so 725-727 free) (I had 2 free fights on this turn from awards from turn 723 Wink )
*725- 6 awards (so 726-728 free)
*726- 3 awards
*727- 4 awards (with a tie at 8-7-0, for current top team, for a semi-5th award)
*728- 6 awards, just snuck in on the last free turn (so 729-731 free)
*729- 6 awards (so 730-732 free)
*730- 5 awards
*731- 4 awards
*732- 4 awards ( going to equal 3 free fights since one warrior is DM and Rec. Leader)

'*'- denotes a turn that was free of charge

So all said and done after next turn's 5 fights I will have paid $14.00 for 10 turns and 50 fights, 8 consecutive free turns! It was fun while it lasted but all positive things must become at least a little less positive!

Time to start a new streak I guess! Let's see how did I do this??? Idea Oh yeah I got 3 awards for 2 free fights first (CHECK, well one ahead of schedule, will that be my undoing in the formula Question ) and then I got all 7 awards (ummm it seemed easier AFTER it happened then when I look at it from this side of things Laughing ) ..... Exclamation

Thomas Jefferson
Degralor
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was recently looking over some of my old newsletters after being inspired to see if i have ever matched turns like these. I did find one turn where I went 5-0-1 with a 90 pt gain. And another turn in a diffrent arena a few turns later when I did get 5 free fights given all the awards.

-Hollowshade
Daikkan
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Awesome turn Street Legal. It was me that took "Top Current Team". Although so far every turn I lost a warrior. I hope next turn I don't!

Congrats again Very Happy
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great run, Street. Well done.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Daikkan wrote:
Awesome turn Street Legal. It was me that took "Top Current Team". Although so far every turn I lost a warrior. I hope next turn I don't!

Congrats again Very Happy

You rascal you! You couldn't manage to lose just 1 more fight the last 3 turns?

Not to mention they were all 3 undefeated at the time 0-0;1-0;2-0!

Tobir is not your normal Andorian arena. It is the bloodiest Andorian arena of them all, dating back nigh unto 30 years now!

Well a hearty welcome to you my good man and here's hoping you can stick around my fine town for a long while. I first ran here, my first ever team, way back on turn 20. I hope that Big Dumb Slob didn't kill too good a warrior, it looked like a fun type of warrior being under SZ 7 and having the ST to wield a BA.

I'm thinking WRATHMEN is a familiar team name but I cannot place the Manager's name. To whomever it is a fine welcome to you as well. But also be warned this is a cursed Andorian arena.

I'll try and take it easy on both until you get established before I start going all "Tobir" on ya'! I normally do try and take it easy on new teams, experienced manager or not, to foster a sense of community before getting bloodthirsty! Any other Andorian town and I may try and enforce Andorian rules but this arena just seems to be cursed, as I said before so no sense in fighting it, and besides it's RUGs seem fairly generous so all's fair in War and Tobir!

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic