New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 172
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:

All your retort consisted of was a long list of personal preferences....
As to the fight, once again strategy wins the day. If I had thought you were anticipating my challenge I would not have made it. What is the logic of stepping into the mouth of a hungry lion, you already know the end result?

LOL! Very Happy A 'retort' is more of a sharp, angry reply than a 'rejoinder', isn't it? I'm sorry that I came off that way. I'm not angry at all, and I didn't intend to sound 'preachy'.

Apparently I touched a nerve. I'm sorry. I sincerely did NOT mean to imply that Master Darque, or ANY manager, does not play fairly or correctly. Rolling Eyes Honestly, that idea never crossed my mind. I enjoy the give and take here and in the personals. I've learned a lot from other managers and I definitely don't want to needlessly alienate anyone.

In retrospect, it was a very welcome surprise to have another DM. I was (regretfully) feeling a little bitter about losing the throne after one turn, even though I strongly suspected Nova wouldn't be able to hold it. Therefore, my sour outlook upon losing the throne has surprised me. Embarassed

Embarassed It's embarrassing to admit, but when I am feeling a little sorry for myself, it really is all about ME. So, I apologize for the tone of my last post. I wasn't trying to tell others how to do what they do, nor was I insisting that MY way is best. I was attempting to verbalize the idea that, for MY purposes, MY way works quite well for ME. Sad Perhaps I was also trying to remind myself of this?? Wink

That's why play by mail is better for me. If I have more time (or bother to take the time) to marshall my thoughts, I come off as a much more mature and capable person than when I simply sit down and type out the first thing that comes to mind. Embarassed

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
LOL! Very Happy A 'retort' is more of a sharp, angry reply than a 'rejoinder', isn't it? I'm sorry that I came off that way. I'm not angry at all, and I didn't intend to sound 'preachy'.

I hope mine didn't come across like that either. I only used retort because that is the word I saw in your post when I was replying. If you will notice the time stamp on my reply, you will note that it was near 4 in the morning and I was holding a baby in one arm and typing on a Kindle with the other.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Had to get a reprint, so only 4 warriors will be fighting next turn.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum