New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Sunset Turn-727
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did not get any PAs in as I did not know if I was even going to fight. I did fight but I do not know if they used my mailed in strats or my maint strats....we shall see this weekend. So just know that if you won it was probably due being run on maint if you lost then it was probably due to me being a far superior manager Wink

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Way to drop the ball on the ads, Ben. Way to go. So typical... Rolling Eyes Razz

Luckily I got mine in for eveybody's reading enjoyment! Fought all five this turn, I hate not fighting a full squad. The things I do for lame tourney results... Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

as always, the Tribe will be there - and with ads this time!
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
as always, the Tribe will be there - and with ads this time!

Got mine today...4-1 for the Bazaar. No current top team as 4 of us tied at 9-6-0 and the Blues don't fight. 1 returning team from way back when. Destiny (82) with warrior ID#s of 21-820 and such. Welcome back. They did run all 5 warriors so not just a fluke or input error

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Look at you with your Friday turn in your grubby little mitts again, holding everybody's info hostage!! How's that happen?!?? Last time I got my Sunset turn on a Friday was......never. Ah well, maybe it'll be here tomorrow, if the mail gets thru our lovely first blizzard of the year that is...'grats on the nice turn anyway! Hopefully my guys failed to contribute to it this time around!

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
Look at you with your Friday turn in your grubby little mitts again, holding everybody's info hostage!! How's that happen?!?? Last time I got my Sunset turn on a Friday was......never. Ah well, maybe it'll be here tomorrow, if the mail gets thru our lovely first blizzard of the year that is...'grats on the nice turn anyway! Hopefully my guys failed to contribute to it this time around!

I sent you the NL

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Stik wrote:

I sent you the NL

<Riposte>

Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, riposted again, RATS!! Mad Very Happy

Did get my turn Saturday, which is always nice. Many thanks to Kano for the challenge and awesome learns! Twisted Evil

Good to have a Fandangoite on the throne again! I had challenged the DM but then she went and sat out, but guess I got lucky anyway. Nomad, how does my tourney slasher not beat Oz but my striker can?? Only thing I can think of is, favorite weapon maybe?? Heh heh....me likes it!

And, Chok has to go and kill Black Orc, and of course get good learns doing it. I am on the fence about sending him back in there now.....

Got the tourney announcement and mini's.

Buri, I'm glad you sat out this turn, you needed some cooling down! Wink

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:

Did get my turn Saturday, which is always nice. Many thanks to Kano for the challenge and awesome learns! Twisted Evil

Good to have a Fandangoite on the throne again! I had challenged the DM but then she went and sat out, but guess I got lucky anyway. Nomad, how does my tourney slasher not beat Oz but my striker can?? Only thing I can think of is, favorite weapon maybe?? Heh heh....me likes it!

And, Chok has to go and kill Black Orc, and of course get good learns doing it. I am on the fence about sending him back in there now.....

The rule, well in my personal playbook, is if it survives the DA it gets to live. I have NEVER DA'd a warrior that came back from the DA. Best example being Death Commander (14-669) who was 1-6-0 and beat, go figure, Black Orc to go to 2-6-1. He was my 2nd graduate after returning from my 10+ year layoff and graduated at 20-20-2. He was a 13(2)-19(2)-10-11(2)-18(2)-12(1)-11(1) WS. I had no idea in '86, when I designed him, that he was just such a burner hot mess! It's how I independently discovered the 10-6-7-x-x strat that I later discovered many managers were using as the hot WS strat. I just started using it since in minute 1 against Black Orc he went NUTS, thought he was a QS fave but turned out to be a BS fave.

So I guess what I'm trying to say, short story long, is that this was a facet I decided to give my "Managerial Persona" and it turned out to be a long slog, with an 11 WT, but it WAS a fun run. Some turned out bad, some good, but truth be told most died to another foe and gave me BF opportunities! I always just figured if it's got less than 10 FE and it wins in the Dark Arena, regardless of it maybe being a weak Black Orc or Mountain Troll, it must have some "knack"! Idea

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:

The rule, well in my personal playbook, is if it survives the DA it gets to live. I have NEVER DA'd a warrior that came back from the DA. Best example being Death Commander (14-669) who was 1-6-0 and beat, go figure, Black Orc to go to 2-6-1. He was my 2nd graduate after returning from my 10+ year layoff and graduated at 20-20-2. He was a 13(2)-19(2)-10-11(2)-18(2)-12(1)-11(1) WS. I had no idea in '86, when I designed him, that he was just such a burner hot mess! It's how I independently discovered the 10-6-7-x-x strat that I later discovered many managers were using as the hot WS strat. I just started using it since in minute 1 against Black Orc he went NUTS, thought he was a QS fave but turned out to be a BS fave.

So I guess what I'm trying to say, short story long, is that this was a facet I decided to give my "Managerial Persona" and it turned out to be a long slog, with an 11 WT, but it WAS a fun run. Some turned out bad, some good, but truth be told most died to another foe and gave me BF opportunities! I always just figured if it's got less than 10 FE and it wins in the Dark Arena, regardless of it maybe being a weak Black Orc or Mountain Troll, it must have some "knack"! Idea

Thomas Jefferson
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I also give DA survivors a new lease on life. Come on! Let Chok live!

No mail for me today, so waiting until Monday to see if the learns at least help make this crappy turn a little better. 2-3, with the top 3 on the team all taking a loss.

And how does Oz lose to the striker? I don't know. I didn't tell him to do it! And I haven't read the fight yet, either.

And welcome back to the old team!
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A few things to clarify.

I have never DA'd trying to kill one who has survived the DA. There's always a chance I may have once or twice that I'm forgetting.

The numbers for Death Commander were at graduation. He is now 16(5)-19(2)-10-12(3)-20(4)-13(2)-12(2) and needs 9 skills to hit the 120.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh and BTW ....

WTF?

How does a 17 team arena let a team that sits out win Top Team on a tiebreaker; 9-1 to multiple 9-6's? How does it even come to the tiebreaker? I mean geeze...

No really nice shot ...

Right on the beach! Cool

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seems old Stikkie boy and Nomad might be buried right now! Some areas got 48 inches of snow already? WOW! Realizing N-DAK got hit less than S-DAK, Wyoming, and Montana but still WOW!

Thomas Jefferson
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street, you could make it an 18 team arena. Don't think you will be able to repeat your recent perfect turns like in Tobir

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic