Bring acclaim and glory to the North Fork (DM47) arena.
Anyone may participate; known alliances, new alliances, or temporary alliances created solely to compete in the Turf War!
To participate, each alliance must:
1. Announce the Captain of the alliance in the North Fork (DM 47) newsletter.
2. Indicate in the newsletter which Captain/alliance you will join.
3. Announcements made on the D2 Forums or elsewhere will not be accepted.
Captains are responsible for:
1. Verifying/authorizing, in the North Fork newsletter, those who wish to participate under the banner of their alliance. The confirmation / verification must occur after, or in the same newsletter, but not before, the participant's declaration. (Lack of participant indication of joining and/or subsequent lack of Captain confirmation will delay a team's participation in the Turf War.)
2. Distribution of prizes should their alliance win the Turf War.
3. Submit two (2) RSI Roll-Up Certificates to participate. (Note: Captains
may, if they wish, submit certs for all potential members of their alliance.)
Participating managers who are not Captains must:
1. Submit two (2) RSI Roll-Up Certificates to participate. (Unless already
submitted by Captain. Note: extras will not be returned, but will go into the winning pool of prizes.)
2. Announce their intent to compete with manager name, team name, and alliance they will represent in the North Fork (DM 47) newsletter. Announcement made on the D2 Forums or Chatzy will not be accepted.
a. No scores will be tabulated until two RSI Gift Certificates are
received, and participant indication and captain confirmation are posted in the North Fork newsletter. NO EXCEPTIONS.
b. Before a manager can compete, he/she must declare themselves in the North Fork (DM 47) newsletter as stated above AND be verified in the same or subsequent newsletter by the alliance Captain they will represent.
c. Only one (1) team per player may compete. No arena multiple teams or aliases will be allowed. Violations will result in immediate manager disqualification (including team point adjustments) from the Turf War (so be sure to take any multiple teams OFF of Team Maintenance and be certain not to run any other team warriors).
d. Scoring will NOT be retroactive for teams/alliances that do not properly declare or get captain confirmation or fail to send a Gift Certificate by Turn 1. In other words, if your Gift Certificate is not received until Turn 3 of the Turf War, and you have fought on Turns 1 and 2, your score will not begin until Turn 3. All conditions must be met before scoring will begin--declaration, verification, and Gift Certificate received.
e. No declarations or verifications will be accepted after Turn 3 of the Turf War.
f. For purposes of scoring, the moderators will score the Turf War and settle any and all disputes as they arise. Their decisions will be final. (Note: the intent is to have a very thorough set of rules so that few decisions, if any, are required from the moderators.)
d. Down Challenge = (-5) points each (DM is exempt from DC rule)
e. Team with most wins per round earns 4 additional points (If ties, points are split 2/2, 1/1/1, 1/1/1/1, no points if 5+ tie)
Alliance Points (Rounds 1 through 5)
a. Fights made (DA fights count as a fight made)
All (each) team of the alliance fights 1 to 3 wariors = 3 points
All (each) team fights 4+ warriors = 6 points
All (each) team fights all five warriors = 9
b. Alliance with most wins per that round = 5 points
Tie breakers, in order, are: least losses, most total recognition points (if still tied after that, no points awarded).
Alliance Points (Rounds 6 through 10 as alliance point scoring doubles)
c. Fights made (DA fights count as a fight made)
All (each) team of the alliance fights 1 to 3 wariors = 6 points
All (each) team fights 4+ warriors = 12 points
All (each) team fights all five warriors = 18
d. Alliance with most wins per that round = 10 points
Tie breakers, in order, are: least losses, most total recognition points if still tied after that, no points awarded).
1. A Champion may be declared, but one is not mandatory. It is to the team's/alliance's advantage that you do so.
2. Only one Champion allowed per manager at any given time.
3. Champions that graduate or are killed by another warrior or the Dark Arena, may be replaced.
4. Champions must have fought at least one previous fight in the North Fork (DM47 arena) to be able to be declared a champion.
5. A Champion can be declared on any round and point factors will begin that same turn. (Must meet above 4 conditions prior to declaring)
No warrior may be substituted without the proper use of the DA or arena death or death in a tournament or graduation. There must be a maximum of five only on a team at any point and time. (The penalty for such substitution is -10 points.)
1. A downchallenge occurs when a warrior challenges a warrior with lesser recognition points.
2. No challenge or bloodfeud by The Duelmaster shall be deemed a down challenge.
3. No challenge of the Duelmaster shall be deemed a downchallenge.
4. Bloodfeuds against warriors with lesser recognition are deemed
1. Tournament participation is allowed and ENCOURAGED as a great form of recognition for North Fork.
2. It is an opportunity to gain skills and preferred challenging within the Turf War.
1. Each alliance begins the Turf War with zero (0) points.
2. There will be NO alliance or team changes once the contest has begun. If you begin the Turf War with Alliance A, you must end the Turf War with Alliance A. If you begin the Turf War with Team A, you must end the Turf War with Team A.
3. There will be a maximum of four (4) teams/managers allowed per alliance for the Turf War VII. The minimum is two (2).
4. The Dark Arena may be used at any time without penalty.
5. If at any time, the Moderators determine that any non-TW team in the arena is aiding and/or abetting any TW alliance or team, the affected points won by the gifted team/alliance will be disallowed and the aiding non-TW team will be asked to desist from play in the arena until after the Turf War concludes.
The Turf War is meant to be a "winner takes all" contest. All prizes, except the Endu award listed below, and 100% of the Gift Certificates will be awarded to the Captain of the winning alliance at the end of the competition. It is the responsibility of the Captain to distribute Gift Certificates. Moderators will submit a list of each manager on the winning alliance to RSI at the completion of the contest for the non-Certificate prizes.
All entry fees (rollup certs) are awarded to the winning alliance.
The following prizes have been secured from RSI:
1. Renaming of the North Fork (DM 47) arena;
2. Renaming of all Dark Arena Monsters
3. Known Favorites for one DM47 warrior on each team of the winning alliance (warrior must be ranked Initiate or above, must be alive, and must have at least one DM47 arena fight to receive this award).
4. +1 Skill bonus (three) for each manager on the winning alliance. Bonus potions must be applied to living warriors from DM 47, no more than two skills per warrior.
5. +1 Skill bonus potion (one) for each and every individual manager who fights in all 10 rounds AND 45 fights of the Turf War. Bonus potion must be applied to a living warrior from (DM 47) (Endu award)
6. Two additional rollup certs for each manager of the winning alliance from RSI.
These RSI awards will be listed by the Moderator for claiming from RSI (Lee) within 4 turns of the end of TW VI. The certs will be mailed to the winning alliance by the Moderators within two weeks of the end of the TW.
The Moderators for this event will be Oz and Master Darque. They will arbitrate all dealings during the course of the contest. Their decisions will be final. All questions, comments, and scoring disputes may be directed to Land of Oz or Darque Forces via diplo in DM 47. Managers with internet access may send a private message to [The Consortium] or [Darque] on the Duel2 Forums. Lastly, you may also email questions, comments, and scoring disputes to rebelnerfherder at yahoo dot com or wfms101 at aol dot com.
Please note there have been rule changes from the last Turf War. Please read them carefully noting the following concepts/changes:
1. simpler scoring based primarily on wins and fight participation
Joined: Oct 21, 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:32 am
The Consortium wrote:
The following two items/rules have been added to TW9 by the moderators. An ad was posted in DM47 noting same.
It is not the spirit of competition to challenge fellow members of the same alliance. Hence, challenges as such will be scored as losses for both warriors.
Challenges to or by Champions against members of the same alliance shall be scored as a loss for each warrior.
Oz and MD
Adding post from another thread to official rules
Assurnasirbanipal ArchMaster Poster
Joined: Oct 21, 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:02 am
The Consortium wrote:
You may wish to know that there is going to be a slight change to the scoring rules. Currently there is a tie breaker system for the five points awarded to the alliance with the most wins. The tiebreaker is eliminated effective turn four. If an alliance does not win this award outright, then no points shall be awarded.
Oz and/or Master Darque
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum