New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 177
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

4-1-1 for Of Wolf and Man

I can't seem to get a challenge off for squat! Is there a secret? Maybe because I do everythign at the very last minute? Is it first come first serve?

Anyway, I was challenged 3 times and was 3-0-1 in challenges so I am not complaining too much! Here is to hoping my replacement is a godling! I know you all are rooting for me.

Also expect more activity from me (ad wise and spotlight wise) after football season.

Tripwire

Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

4-1 for the clan. Team Spotlight not in newsletter again, I have emailed it in 4 times in the past 2 turns. Personal ads were submitted the same number of times and strangely 4 ads out of about dozen total showed up in the newsletter. HUH!?! Something weird is going on with HAL receiving emails.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
4-1-1 for Of Wolf and Man

I can't seem to get a challenge off for squat! Is there a secret? Maybe because I do everythign at the very last minute? Is it first come first serve?

Anyway, I was challenged 3 times and was 3-0-1 in challenges so I am not complaining too much! Here is to hoping my replacement is a godling! I know you all are rooting for me.

Also expect more activity from me (ad wise and spotlight wise) after football season.

Tripwire

I always felt that there may be a hint of getting turns in early allowing more of my challenges to get through. I have no solid evidence of it but during contests I always swore when I sent in strats late I never got any through, or maybe 1 at most. When I got them in early I seemed to get 2 or 3 per turn, or more. However it may have been merely coincidence or perception making me think/feel that way! Confused

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Crappy 2-3 for me, but my team is going through some mega growing pains. It will get better I hope.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

2-3-0-2 for the Warmasters. Strangely enough though, I am ok with that. 1 death was a DA and the other was a warrior that was going to the DA next turn if he lost. Guess his opponent did me a favor. So a 2-1 turn for the warriors I actually care about. Agorix and Glabrio have been a great learning experience, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxious for them to graduate. I am ready to try something new.

On a side note, I wish the RU Gods were a little more generous in this arena for Pete's sake! Confused

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

3-2-1 for the Diner, with an infirmary kill. Captured the DM spot once more. I've lost count of how many guys I've had as DM. Maybe SYP can tell us. New guy got a good damage roll but lost his first fight, looking unspectacular. He'll get a few turns to show me something.

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

2-3 for me... seems like i constantly waver between 2-3 and 3-2 in there... could be worse.

Ill Intent DM31 (soon)
Vengence DM32
Some Kinda Hate DM81
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

2-3 for the Guild.

I haven't seen the fights yet so not much to comment on yet.

Strangely, I have never had a problem with Hal if I email in my ads and columns.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OMG I have wanted to join this arena since it's inception but as many may have read in other posts my finances are in the hands of an unscrupulous Worker's Compensation Company for the last 3 years (7 in totality). Would have been nice to have been in it from the start like I was in Cliffhome, though I never really ran more than a few fights there, when it was opened as a "Veterans arena"! The team there is Silver Hawks (3) with IDs from 38-41 with 1 warrior having been killed early on so I don't recall if he was 37 or 42. There is only 1 truly viable warrior on that team, my early designs were UGLY!!! Laughing

I have promised arena 21 will be my next full time arena, and the team is quite good, and this might likely be the third in line (I have 30 RUs from TDO to work from; after winning this years NCAA bracket)! Thanks again TDO, looks like 32, I think that's the arena he always pumps up, would be 4th or 5th in line!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Street_Legal on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Otto_X wrote:
I've lost count of how many guys I've had as DM. Maybe SYP can tell us.

7 guys - 19 turns total

Chili Surprise T84 - 86

Holy Shiitake T121 - 123

Spork T132 - 133

Subprime Rib -- T143

Gremlin Stew - T153 - 160

The Crisco Kid - T167

Bad Borscht - T177

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kinda' sucks Terrablood's "Arena Awards" section isn't tracking this arena, and for that matter 83 and the new transfer arena 84 is left out as well. It would've been cool to have a place to see that tracked, visually, right from the very beginning. In a nice condensed form! It looks like the tracker was actually down for all arenas for about 5 months. Tobir wasn't tracked for turns 724-733, along with a few others I looked at seem to have missed 10 turns as well; excepting slow arenas.

Oh and congrats to Otto-matic on having a warrior hold the title for 8 straight turns. That is the longest span I have ever held the title as well. Funny thing is my former record holder, for myself as well as Tobir, was 7 turns and he was an utter scrap heap type warrior that most would have DA'd: 11-11(1)-18-13-12-11(1)-11(1) graduated 23-15-3 and only had an Ex INI AdEx DEC.

He was created just before my 15-ish year retirement. I un-retired and decided to run him and all the other junk warriors I returned with. I'm not trying to threadjack but I graduated 4 of the 5 and the other died and I would love to get him back. In fact to avoid a threadjack I'm going to start a new topic so if you're so inclined check out the new thread entitled "Before I knew about skill charts".

Anyways I am going to go and look to see if you posted anything about Gremlin Stew when I get a chance!

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum