New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The King of Primus 2014!!!!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

King of Primus 2014
================
Who:
16 of the top teams and managers in Primus!

Each team must consist of 5 warriors of each of a *different* style.

A team may consist of one or more managers, and each manager can belong to only one team.

Managers who are able to field 5 warriors of different styles for themselves are STRONLY encouraged to do so. But for those that can't, combination teams are definitely allowed. Management reserves the right to veto any combination teams deemed "overpowered". (Unlikely but you never know)

What:

The King of Primus is a bracket-style competition where teams of 5 warriors fight against each other in a match-play like system.

Teams will be seeded 1-16 based on the AVERAGE rank in Primus of their warriors. (As of turn 644) Warriors MUST be listed in the Turn 644 Newsletter in order to be eligible for the competition.
In case of ties in average rank, ties will be broken by the ranking of the highest warrior.

Then each team will have a ranking of 1-5 based on their ranking in Primus. (As of turn 644) During match play, The #1 warrior from Team A will match up with the #1 warrior from Team B, the #2 Team A warrior will match up with the #2 warrior from Team B, and so forth. Warrior rankings will remain static throughout the competition as will manager seedings.

The King of Primus will be the one team that goes 4-0. Even though the contest is single elimination to determine the winner, there will be a consolation round and everyone will have 4 matches--in the end everyone will have the opportunity to play 4 matches and find out where their stable really ranks in Primus!

When:
The contest will take place starting on Primus Turn 646. It will run for 4 turns ending in Turn 649. However, remember that your warriors must be listed in the 644 newsletter to be eligible and it's not a bad idea to climb up high in the rankings now to earn as high a seed as you can.

In case more than 16 teams sign up, Turn 645 will the "play in" round, where teams seeded on the lower end of the bracket will compete for the right to enter the competition. The number of teams who need to compete in the "play-in" round will be determined on the number of teams who enter the competition. For example, if 18 teams sign up, then the 15th seed will play the 18th seed and the 16th seed will play the 17th seed for the right to enter the main bracket. (Similar to how it works in March Madness)

Only The Mun is guaranteed entry into the main bracket by virtue of his winning the consolation tourney in the last King of Primus.

How:
To enter, you can sign up in this thread, write an ad in the 102 newsletter or PM/Email Manager with the following information. The Name(s) of managers on a team, the 5 warriors with ID #'s of your team, the style of your warriors, and what warrior you want to select for a possible Royal Court Selection. (See prize section.

Example:

Manager's Team
---------------
1. Bonnie (29-2780) (AB)
2. Weird Head Boy (63-2216) (LU) *
3. Koji Shikeru (40-2619) (SL)
4. Skyfire (37-2065) (PL)
5. Patience (1-2619) (TP)

* Denotes Royal Court Prize Pick

Since the contest takes place in the arena, you'll have to read the newsletter and the forums to figure out who you're going to match up against. We'll post all the managers and teams before the contest begins as well to make it easier.

Prizes:

The winner of the competition will be named the King of Primus!!! As a winner, you get to control the fate of the arena for a very special Turn 650! The Winner of the contest can select three
"decrees" from a list of items that will effect how Primus plays out on it's historic Turn 650!

They are:
==========
- Rename the Arena for 1 turn
- Have a non-automated spy report written.
- Increase/Decrease the Skill Learning for the turn
- Increase/Decrease the Training % for the turn.
- Increase/Decrease the Kill Percentage for the turn.
- No Challenges and/or Avoids
- Bring back the Defend Gate Challenge for a turn
- Have an NPC Match-Up Week!

-If you have other ideas, the commission may consider it, but will have the right to refuse.

As the King of Primus, you also get the first member of your Royal Court! When entering a team, each team who participates must designate one of their warriors to be in the "twin pool". (No DYOs or roll-up altering warriors allowed) After winning, one warrior will be drawn from the pool at RANDOM, and you will have the option to be able to "twin" that warrior's numbers and stick him on an existing team (no-tourney arenas not allowed) if you so desire. Consider carefully your odds of winning when choosing a warrior to donate to the Royal Court.

You may opt out if you desire--but if you win, you don't get this part of the prize.

The Consolation Champion (9th place) gets 5 Team Roll-Ups.

The last place manager is deemed the Court Jester and wins a Hyborian War Set-Up.

In addition, for the 16 managers in the main bracket every match WIN (no matter who it is), wins a +1 stat train potion. Stat train potions must not be used after the freeze date and before a tourney. Combo Teams only get 1 stat train potion per win. (To be broken up at their discretion)

For everyone else, there is an exciting Consolation Prize Pool to keep everyone motivated to finish high as possible. There are 16 items in the Consolation Prize Pool--one of each item. First place gets his first choice of item in the pool, second place gets the 2nd choice and so on, and whoever finishes last gets his choice of remaining items. Here are the items in the Consolation Prize Pool:

Consolation Prize Pool
=======================
+1 Decise Potion -- Adds 1 to your Decise Base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Parry Potion -- Adds 1 to your Parry Base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Attack Potion -- Adds 1 to your Attack Base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warriors.

+1 Bonus Potion -- Adds 1 to the base of any skill area of your choice. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Random Skill Potion -- Adds 1 skill in a random area to your warrior's skill base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

Medium Shield Potion -- Give any Primus warrior the favorite weapon of a Medium Shield!

1 Free Name Change -- Change the name of any of your warriors for free!

Lunge Tactic Potion -- Give your favorite primus warrior the Lunge Tactic as his favorite tactic!

Responsiveness Tactic Potion -- Give your favorite primus warrior the Responsiveness Tactic as a favorite tactic!

-16 Losses Potion -- Subtract 16 losses from your Primus Team record as you make a quest for #1!

+3 Kills Potion -- Add 3 kills to your Primus team record with this prize!

RankAnywhere Prize -- Change the Primus ranking of any of your warriors from #2 to last place!

100 of Dark One's Unused Warriors -- Dark One will provide 100 warriors out of his unused team roll-ups, just for you! (Can be autographed if you desire) Now's your time to dig through
the trash of the current reigning King of Primus!

+21 FE Prize -- Add 21 FE to one of your Primus warriors! It might be a tiebreaker for a stylemaster award!

Race-Changing Prize -- Change the race of one of your Primus warriors to an existing or even a new race!

Alternate Reality Prize -- Take any of your Primus warriors and roll-him up 5x! You will get 5 character overview sheets back! You don't actually get to keep the warriors, but you may view how your warrior might have looked like in another reality.

Decise Favorite Learn -- Change the favorite learn of any of your Primus warriors to Decise!

+1 Skill Learn Potion -- Get a free learned skill (your choice) on any of your Primus warriors. Must be used before a tourney
freeze and can't create an out of bounds warrior.

+3 Random Skill Learn Potion -- Get three free learn skills (at random) of any of you Primus warriors. Can't be used in the time period
after a tourney freeze and before a tourney.

Mystery Potion -- Something about your warrior might change, although you have no control over what it is! (Think of it like a Zap potion,
but you have no idea what's going to be zapped!)

RSI Pencil -- Don't make it out to the FtFs and want your very own RSI pencil collectible to fill out strategy sheets? Many FtF TCs have been won with these! Now you can have your very own!

Rhythm Knowledge Prize -- Get the exact favorite offensive effort OR activity level of one of your Primus
warriors.

Random Book from Book Maze -- Get a random book from Book Maze, the book store that serves as RSI HQ!

Primus Grudge Match Coupon -- Get a coupon for an extra Primus grudge match to be initiated at the next FtF. (Must be initiated by your proxy if you're not in attendance)

Piker Frenzy Prize -- For one turn, all of your Primus Inducted Parry Strikes fight for free! If you have one million PS's in Primus, this prize could be worth over a million dollars!

Free Tourney Entry -- One free tourney entry for any non-AB Primus Inducted warrior.

Induction Prize -- Permanently induct any ADM-classed warrior into Primus.

Killer's Prize -- For one turn in 102, any warrior of yours who scores a random match-up non-NPC kill can get the exact favorite OE or AL of that warrior! (Turn must be declared with RSI in advance)

-1 Skill Prize: Subtract 1 Primus learned skill from any of your warriors in DM 102!

With the exception of the name change, all warrior modifcation prizes must be used on a Primus warrior that you own.

Participating Managers so far:
--------------------------------
1. Manager
2. Otto X
3. Crip
4. TUM
5. Khisanth
6. The Dark One
7. Madwand
8. Marma Duke
9. Floyd
10. Mannequin
11. Consortium
12. Buri
13. TMM
14. Grimm
15. Storm Lord
16. The Inner Circle (DD, Spirit, TCO)
17. Hombre
18. OAB
19. Deep Thought/Gentleben
20. DMobster
21. Dr. Feelgood
22. Howling Wolf/Assur
23. Chief I/Anarchist
24. Malaquar
25. Stillgard
26. LHI
27. Papa Bear

Last edited by Managerr on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:51 am; edited 23 times in total
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in. My roster is:

Picasso 7-1534 (WS)
Rockwell 7-5003 (AB)
Vigo 18-6086 (LU)
Captain Crunch 5-4330 (SL)
Ed 209 5-3955 (PL)*

*royal court pick

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm definitely in. Need to think over my team for a bit, though...
Khisanth
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in!
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The King shall participate...
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in. Team members to follow.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Count me in!

Prodigal Son 1-7937 (AB)
Harmony 82-26932 (PL)
Carthoris Jeddak 26-2376 (LU) * Royal Court pick
Inflatable Doll 38-682 (WS)
Snotman 97-2611 (SL)

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."

Last edited by Mannequin on Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Count me in as well!

Masked Intruder (44-1257) AB
Placid Intensity (9-3352) LU - Royal Court
Skitzo Fray Nick (3-2912) WS
Malice In Chains (15-3729) PL
Lassies Evil Twin (61-2411) ST

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....

Last edited by MarmaDuke on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Count me in as well. Thanks to Manager for setting this up again!!
TUM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure if teams need to be announced formally, but here is my brood:

STICKY HANDKERCHIEF (18-3244)
SMELLY SOCKS (18-1975)
LINT (48-1380)
WOLFINMYCLOTHES (54-961)
HARV (82-20046)

Don/TUM
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium folk will participate.
Roster to post later.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in:

LU- Hagar (3-3717)*
WS- Frey (3-2258)
TP- Popeye (59-1429)
BA- Thunder Bug (37-3734)
PL- Eek the Cat (2-4110)

Last edited by _Buri_ on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Not sure if teams need to be announced formally, but here is my brood:

Yes, you need to declare (publically or privately) before Turn 644 posts online.
TMM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in.
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would think I am in as well Smile

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic