New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Chimlevtal managers in the know...
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DNoble wrote:

Are you serious? Like I said b4 - you were not there when Bosk was talking to us. As I recall - he never asked us if Talon planned to challenge him, nor do I recall him asking us not to (I don't believe I was actually participating in the arena at the time - though I may be wrong about that). Bosk talked about his AB, and about finally getting an AB to AD (the final style he needed to graduate) - but nowhere in there did Talon say he was not going to challenge him, nor, do I believe, was there a request for him not to.

I don't think you should do as I ask because I ask it of you - but rather because it is the more honorable path. I realize already the futility in asking any members of the COL for anything, I just figured you'd want to help make Icelord's and my challenge legitimate vs. you and/or Bosk gumming it all up with repeated challenges. At this point I say - do what you need to do. Come on in and join the fun (just don't bring crappy scum like Mr. HOF himself Napulak - I dont want the arena stunk up).

As for your 1 team vs my 3...I believe it's your alliance's six teams vs my three - so get your numbers straight there please before acting like some kind of martyr. I've pretty much ignored your stable, but each time you address me I get more interested in giving you some much needed losses.

DN

Dead serious. You "don't recall." Famous words. I believe my friend over you.
At one time The COL had great respect for you. You changed that. I didn't notice Bosk throwing any challenges around in Arvat to gum it up. Did I miss something? You were the one talking about bringing in a bunch of guys, I'm sure your honor would be enough to ensure they don't gum anything up. Right. If you don't want the arena stunk up, then go inactive.
Don't play the martyr with that our six teams vs your three either. Arvat was the challenge. The VC is a bigger priority than you. Your the one who started threads here and wanted to up the ante.
If you think your bad enough with your 15 warriors to give my 5 some losses then go for it. If your declaring war on the entire alliance, that might make you feel brave but it won't be long before your buddies will have to show to help you save face.
Some day you and I are going to have a serious disagreement. Wink

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DN- The Arvat Challenge 05 is between you and I.

We didn't plan on ganging up on you in Chimlevtal, but you know we would respond to any personals tossed our way. You felt you had to bring in some teams to avoid getting ganged up on and that is fine. I've seen the arena with 40+ teams and always like to see a full house.
It doesn't matter much now what we think because it is on. We are not going to change each others mind now, I don't suppose, so let's just see what happens.

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
DNoble
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dead serious. You "don't recall." Famous words. I believe my friend over you.
At one time The COL had great respect for you. You changed that. I didn't notice Bosk throwing any challenges around in Arvat to gum it up. Did I miss something? You were the one talking about bringing in a bunch of guys, I'm sure your honor would be enough to ensure they don't gum anything up. Right. If you don't want the arena stunk up, then go inactive.

>>As for me stinking up the arena - I try to add a positive presence to any arena I'm in by writing dm columns, and personals. I do not downchallenge (unless provoked) and in my elder age, do not typically try to stir up trouble. As for just plain stinking - let's examine our respective records in 31 and see who stinks more.

Don't play the martyr with that our six teams vs your three either. Arvat was the challenge. The VC is a bigger priority than you. Your the one who started threads here and wanted to up the ante.
If you think your bad enough with your 15 warriors to give my 5 some losses then go for it. If your declaring war on the entire alliance, that might make you feel brave but it won't be long before your buddies will have to show to help you save face.
Some day you and I are going to have a serious disagreement.
RTR

>> Hey, you used my "martyr" line! I'm glad the VC is a bigger priority than me - it means I can get lots of challenges through against you. While you are using your precious two avoids vs their teams - my guys will be challenging you. I'm not declaring war on anyone, just trying to prove that I'm not the weak-willed, snivelling underling that The Icelord called out. He questioned my bravery and ability and I mean to remind him that I'm the same manager that he had plenty of respect for over the years, and every bit as capable as he remembered. As for you and I having a serious disagreement - I think we already do in the context of Duel2, but I do not take this game too seriously. The offer still stands to buy the COL a round at the Tempe FTF in '06 - just make sure to bring your personal taster to make sure I didn't poison it. Laughing
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DNoble wrote:

I'm not declaring war on anyone, just trying to prove that I'm not the weak-willed, snivelling underling that The Icelord called out. He questioned my bravery and ability and I mean to remind him that I'm the same manager that he had plenty of respect for over the years, and every bit as capable as he remembered. As for you and I having a serious disagreement - I think we already do in the context of Duel2, but I do not take this game too seriously. The offer still stands to buy the COL a round at the Tempe FTF in '06 - just make sure to bring your personal taster to make sure I didn't poison it. Laughing

<yawn> We shall see.

I called you out because you thought you could ridicule and flame Bosk. I mean to remind you of your dishonor for a long while. You erred in thinking you could rip a member of The COL without consequences.

How about you send us the $$$ and we'll have a round on you? Cool

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
DNoble wrote:

I'm not declaring war on anyone, just trying to prove that I'm not the weak-willed, snivelling underling that The Icelord called out. He questioned my bravery and ability and I mean to remind him that I'm the same manager that he had plenty of respect for over the years, and every bit as capable as he remembered. As for you and I having a serious disagreement - I think we already do in the context of Duel2, but I do not take this game too seriously. The offer still stands to buy the COL a round at the Tempe FTF in '06 - just make sure to bring your personal taster to make sure I didn't poison it. Laughing

<yawn> We shall see.

I called you out because you thought you could ridicule and flame Bosk. I mean to remind you of your dishonor for a long while. You erred in thinking you could rip a member of The COL without consequences.

How about you send us the $$$ and we'll have a round on you? Cool

No yawn.
D.N. save the cash from this lost cause and buy US a round in Tempe Exclamation

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
DNoble
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

<yawn> We shall see.

How about you send us the $$$ and we'll have a round on you?

Nah - I'd rather utilize the money "outspending" you in Arvat and Chimlevtal (or maybe buying The Consortium a drink instead). I guess the COL can buy their own drinks to drown their sorrows.

BTW - when did recounting an event and ridiculing/flaming become synonomous? I would say ridiculing/flaming would be more associated with using derragatory comments, like you folks have done to me over the last month or two. Keep it up though, I'm cataloging each phrase about me, each ultra-witty "she" pronoun that Bosk throws out at me, each time RTR opens his mouth - those will all be able to be recounted later by adding up your losses...
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="The Consortium
No yawn.
D.N. save the cash from this lost cause and buy US a round in Tempe Exclamation[/quote]

How cool is that!

KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DNoble wrote:

Nah - I'd rather utilize the money "outspending" you in Arvat and Chimlevtal (or maybe buying The Consortium a drink instead). I guess the COL can buy their own drinks to drown their sorrows.

BTW - when did recounting an event and ridiculing/flaming become synonomous? I would say ridiculing/flaming would be more associated with using derragatory comments, like you folks have done to me over the last month or two. Keep it up though, I'm cataloging each phrase about me, each ultra-witty "she" pronoun that Bosk throws out at me, each time RTR opens his mouth - those will all be able to be recounted later by adding up your losses...

No sorrows here. I am having a blast. Anytime I can tick off an "elite" it is fun. The more you try to turn it about me instead of your actions and "honor" the more fun I'm having!

Your derragatory comments started it so why are you upset when you get flamed in return? If I dish it out, I'm prepared to take it. Stop complaining about flames, if you give, be prepared to receive. I know I am.
Since we are both prepared to play until RSI goes out of business, this thread has started to get old and long.
oh, and RTR can more than handle himself in any situation. Careful there DN. Wink

DNoble
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No sorrows here. I am having a blast. Anytime I can tick off an "elite" it is fun. The more you try to turn it about me instead of your actions and "honor" the more fun I'm having!

Your derragatory comments started it so why are you upset when you get flamed in return? If I dish it out, I'm prepared to take it. Stop complaining about flames, if you give, be prepared to receive. I know I am.
Since we are both prepared to play until RSI goes out of business, this thread has started to get old and long.
oh, and RTR can more than handle himself in any situation. Careful there DN.

>>I'm certainly not considered an elite manager - and you have not ticked me off - but you have given me reason to keep managing - thanks for that! As long as the insults keep coming from your group, I'll keep throwing some back with some challenges mixed in.

The verbage is getting old - but the fighting never will!

DN
DNoble
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

>>I'm certainly not considered an elite manager - and you have not ticked me off - but you have given me reason to keep managing - thanks for that! As long as the insults keep coming from your group, I'll keep throwing some back with some challenges mixed in.

DN

P.S. Hey RTR - where do you currently have teams? I'd like to get some more insight into your managerial acumen, and why The Icelord keeps touting your abilities. I've never seen anything in particular in Chimlevtal that screams - "Watch out for this one - you're likely to lose more than half your fights against him!"
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DNoble wrote:

DN

I have to admit that a good old scrum makes the game more interesting for me too. The higher the flames get stoked the more fun I have.
Let's keep mixing it up.

DNoble
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I second that motion! I note that I got no challenges through against you yet again in 32, yet you got one through against me. After our little contest is over, you will need to tell me how you are accomplishing this great feat.

I can't catch up if I can't get any fights in against you!
TUM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DNoble wrote:

Marty, could you buy me one too? And over it you can tell me how you manage your insane success in the bloodgames.

And for the record, I know Marty and there is no way he could flame anyone. I know next to nothing about this argument, but I have your back, Marty.

Don
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Destitute Noble, I only have one thing to say to you about this whole matter...learn to QUOTE damn you! *snicker*

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

illkidk wrote:
Destitute Noble, I only have one thing to say to you about this whole matter...learn to QUOTE damn you! *snicker*

Oh....that's what that little bubble does...
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic