New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Chimlevtal managers in the know...
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimm wrote:

There are no insulting remarks here, there are no my uncle can beat up your uncle. There is, however, an invitation to compete in a very good arena.

But my uncles can beat up thier uncles except for the one that wears the dresses Embarassed

The sad part is I really do have an uncle that wears dresses Crying or Very sad
We don't talk about him much... Rolling Eyes

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmmmm, there are days when I wonder if there are ANY Chimletval managers in the know ........
Cool Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Hmmmmm, there are days when I wonder if there are ANY Chimletval managers in the know ........
Cool Wink

Hey, I'm a Chimlevtal manager in the know...I know enough not to run my mediocre Chimlevtal team and focus on my Shadowspire team Smile

SwineTiger
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Amen Consort Amen

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimm wrote:
Why this thread continues I have no idea. Listen, guys I know you are so protective of Arena 31; however, let's be honest, it is a slow arena that has relatively few teams.

We have all invited you to 81. Where there are no sand baggers as you complain. And rules that you must try to field a full team.

There are no insulting remarks here, there are no my uncle can beat up your uncle. There is, however, an invitation to compete in a very good arena.

No one is going to come show up in your arena. Other than to manage their tourny timings. I am sorry, but slow arenas have always been a haven for this. If you can't understand that flame all you want, but really the truth is it doesn't matter.

Grimm,
Thanks for the input and invite.

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Cool Wink

True. And as the pool of players shrinks, perhaps we need to keep around those who are "not in the know." Perhaps not, I will let you be the judge. I think we started around the same time but I have no where near the reference to draw from. (I'm not being a smart aleck Wayne, so please don't take it that way.)

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Cool Wink

True. And as the pool of players shrinks, perhaps we need to keep around those who are "not in the know." Perhaps not, I will let you be the judge. I think we started around the same time but I have no where near the reference to draw from. (I'm not being a smart aleck Wayne, so please don't take it that way.)

Seemed like a pretty solid answer to us.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bosk wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
Bosk wrote:
The Icelord & RTR

Many salutes to you this Memorial Day, Warriors! Omne jus stat in Armis!

Tal bud, don't check on here too much, not enough liberty time it seems.
Waiting to see if fraud-boy shows in Crysalis, if not, the point will be apparent. I do accept your bet though, a case of Sam Adams or Wicked Ale, I say he is a no-show, you can't resist the bet. Tal Great One!

If not here, then somewhere else. If not now, then just later.

Great One,

Indeed, we are not here often. WOMannequin will 99% not show to back up her bravado in Crysalis. Sent Prince of Ar to join Unzoe there this turn. Will enjoy drinking your brew! Hussah! Tal, Bud.

Will have an ale with you in Crysalis my brother! Tal Warrior!

Bosk
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Cool Wink

Hey, I'm a Chimlevtal manager in the know...I know enough not to run my mediocre Chimlevtal team and focus on my Shadowspire team Smile

SwineTiger

That's precisely what's wrong with the game. People won't work with mediocre teams/warriors. Everyone has to be a "godling in the making". I guess The COL is just old school. We take the rollups we're given (excepting the 5 witters) and make them into something. Not always great, but therein lies the challenge.
This "I'll just run my great warriors or teams" deal is so much like the NFL and Jerry Jones "let me buy my way to the best team". Hasn't really worked out for him. We think college football is a lot more competitive and at the end of the day less than 5% of them go to play in the NFL (like Primus).
If people, especially in Chimlevtal where it's very open, would just run their 13+ guys, the fun of fighting without the concern for losing a "godling" would be enhanced greatly.
Just my 2 cents worth.

We'd love to have you come play in the school yard with our average kids.

"Est sularis oth mithas"
Bosk
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
Bosk wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
Bosk wrote:
The Icelord & RTR

Waiting to see if fraud-boy shows in Crysalis, if not, the point will be apparent. I do accept your bet though, a case of Sam Adams or Wicked Ale, I say he is a no-show, you can't resist the bet. Tal Great One!

Great One,

Indeed, we are not here often. WOMannequin will 99% not show to back up her bravado in Crysalis. Sent Prince of Ar to join Unzoe there this turn. Will enjoy drinking your brew! Hussah! Tal, Bud.

Indeed, it shall be so.

"Est sularis oth mithas"
Bosk
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
Bosk wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
Bosk wrote:
The Icelord & RTR

Great One,

Indeed, it shall be so.

"Est sularis oth mithas"
toker
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Icelord- I should be there this time and am even thinking of putting 31 on maintenance as my team didn't even run even though I sent in my strats! Also, I only have a few Godlings and hardly ever DA. I run waht I get and try to do the best I can with my challenge warriors. Laughing Which like stated above is more challenging and a lot more fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Desolate Temple DM-1
Warrior Poets DM-8
Vincere Aut Mori DM-18, 104
Equtis Virtus DM-21
The Huntsmen DM-31
Smoked Out!!! DM-47
Silver Knights DM-52
Vincere Aut Mori DM-59 (inactive)
Vincere Aut Mori 3 DM- 81
And a few more to com
Bosk
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

toker wrote:
Icelord- I should be there this time and am even thinking of putting 31 on maintenance as my team didn't even run even though I sent in my strats! Also, I only have a few Godlings and hardly ever DA. I run waht I get and try to do the best I can with my challenge warriors. Laughing Which like stated above is more challenging and a lot more fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Toker,

That is what the game is all about! Well said and luck on the sands. Omne jus stat in armis!

"Est sularis oth mithas"
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bosk wrote:
toker wrote:

Toker,

That is what the game is all about! Well said and luck on the sands. Omne jus stat in armis!

Indeed. Maintenance is good if you are running a tight schedule! Hope to see you there!

My brother, Mighty Bosk, I KNOW you will be there. Got a few amusing messages from Mr. Fraud. You know, it just never gets boring in our fine city. Obviously, though Grimm claims otherwise, there are several (over the decades we have seen it) who care about this broken down old slow arena. It is just a few that are willing to run an entire stable every turn and add something besides being tourney-prepping bravos who run regular arenas into the ground. An ale at The Golden Dagger Inn for all non-tourney prepping managers this turn then. Lord of War/Whoever and his crew can clean the stables. Tal.

KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A greeting from a long time player. Bosk was here at the abode for a few days and we chatted up the present state of a game we thought we would play until the very end....well....after being told for years that arena 31 is a worthless, slow, waste of time arena by numerous people, like oh, Guardian, Mannequin, Ichabod, Grimm and several others through the years, you know they are probably right. What were we thinking writing tons of spotlights, personals and running every single turn for decades? What a couple of silly boys we were. So, as much as I hate to put my mighty Stormguards into reserve, I believe it is time. I've decided to put my time in a different game, not one where people pull stunts and then hide and won't fight you. Perhaps the spark will come back some day. Our enemies always seemed to think the game would be better without the likes of us, so they get their wish (for the time being! Smile )
I really had some fun along the way, greats like Ultraist and The Dark One were always class acts with us and fun to compete with and see on the sands.
Thanks to Darque and the "never ending war" that sure made several years worth of chatter and anticipation of turns! I wish you the best.
What a game. Hats off to RSI. I could probably count on both hands the times they made input errors in over 23 years of playing. Though I am sure I made them roll their eyes and winch on too many occasions they were straight up with me. I just wish they would have taken up my suggestion on ADM fighting in the dark arena, or at least gotten back to me on the final decision and would like to have gotten at least a couple good roll ups! Smile

Hey, a week after I post this I might change my mind, and Bosk states whatever, he is good with it, stay, go , retire, head back to Polaris and take on new challenges, it is all good. I am blessed to have such a fantastic friend. He is a super person. What a brother!

I hope the game keeps going, IF anyone hears they plan on closing 31 (or merging it with some sissy arena) LET ME KNOW and that would get me fired up! Tal. I make The Sign of The Hammer and of The Axe.

Mannequin, please don't post on this sorry thread, you failed to show up in Crysalis and run one guy for the summer. I even put my guy on maintenance and you couldn't show. You are a coward and I appreciated your personal messages, they really made me feel all warm and fuzzy. If you play WoW, I would love to run into you and any and all of your friends. It would go on forever, oh I forgot, you don't show up for knuckle-dusters, just make stuff up and run with it. I will remember you.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic