Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: DarrenBymn
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1243

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Change polls to avoid "shill" voting by unnamed Ma
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
TUM
Master Poster
Master Poster


Joined: Jul 17, 2002
Posts: 296
Location: Delaware

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
I susepct that if you are willing to sandbag under the new challengers rules, though, you could pick up a couple of TCs once you get enough skills. No proof of this, obviously.


Hmm...I actually do have the perfect ABs to try it on already in Challengers.
With my luck, I'd probably runner-up to Spaz though....


Better hurry, then. Of course, you could r-up to Wipey, as an alternative.

Don/TUM
View user's profileSend private message
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8836
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
This is really for Dwayne specifically. What, in your opinion, does everyone want? I was thrilled with faves, but was apparently in the minority. If size is considered weak too, what is considered good?


Unpopular doesn't necessarily mean weak. SZ is an overpowered prize for it's level, it's just that it's not a level that the majority of people can use it at. Faves is more of the same. Nice prize and semi-useable at all levels, but a lot moreso at the top than at the bottom.

I think that based on the other polls, most managers want prizes that can give them an instant tourney advantage. (Just in lower classes) The +10 learned skills was incredibly popular as were the +5 stat trains. Clone and stat switches are the most popular basic only prizes.
For me personally, I care about all levels of the game and want to see the prizes balanced out to reflect that. It seems that for the past few years we've had 90% top end prizes with a token Immortality/Resurrection every other year during October. It's time for a clone or a stat switch or something more creative for the non top-end managers.


Couldn't have said it better.

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Mar 12, 2003
Posts: 971
Location: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good god, STOP VOTING already! It's done, it's over with, and it bothers me that you lone 2-3 people are trying to exert your influence on RSI by stuffing the ballot box.

I really wish RSI would fix this. And if Lee is going to look at these polls to determine whether a prize is liked or not, I sure hope they have the ability to identify the IP address block and/or domain that each vote is coming from so they can see how many of the votes are duplicates.

_________________
--Travis
The Sentinel
<=======|-- --|=======>
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Mar 12, 2003
Posts: 971
Location: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

** LAUGH ** Oh the irony... So, the ballot box is being stuffed and I figure that I've only voted once if at all and I guess I should start trying to counteract the stuffers. But, the site won't let me vote for another 23.9 hours. Apparently it only checks if you've logged into the site and not whether you actually voted in that time. So, I finally break down and decide to play the "cheaters" game with them and am prohibited from doing what they've been doing for months because I didn't vote as soon as I logged in. What a sick joke on me.

_________________
--Travis
The Sentinel
<=======|-- --|=======>
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8836
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
** LAUGH ** Oh the irony... So, the ballot box is being stuffed and I figure that I've only voted once if at all and I guess I should start trying to counteract the stuffers. But, the site won't let me vote for another 23.9 hours. Apparently it only checks if you've logged into the site and not whether you actually voted in that time. So, I finally break down and decide to play the "cheaters" game with them and am prohibited from doing what they've been doing for months because I didn't vote as soon as I logged in. What a sick joke on me.


Cheaters?

It is an open poll, awaiting votes from those interested.

Get with the new world, Trav. (Like voting multiply, continuously for an American Idol.)

This is NOT an election.

(But, then, it looks like it is having the same results as the last election. Wink )

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Mar 12, 2003
Posts: 971
Location: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Sentinel wrote:
** LAUGH ** Oh the irony... So, the ballot box is being stuffed and I figure that I've only voted once if at all and I guess I should start trying to counteract the stuffers. But, the site won't let me vote for another 23.9 hours. Apparently it only checks if you've logged into the site and not whether you actually voted in that time. So, I finally break down and decide to play the "cheaters" game with them and am prohibited from doing what they've been doing for months because I didn't vote as soon as I logged in. What a sick joke on me.


Cheaters?

It is an open poll, awaiting votes from those interested.

Get with the new world, Trav. (Like voting multiply, continuously for an American Idol.)

This is NOT an election.

(But, then, it looks like it is having the same results as the last election. Wink )


I don't like the fact that this being used by RSI to gauge the players' opinion on a subject and it is, in fact, reflecting a very skewed opinion by those voting multiple times. While it is "within the rules," (hmmm), I don't like it and I don't think it reflects the spirit and intent of a poll. That's be like conducting a political opinion poll where 50% of the responders were actually the same two guys. It makes it meaningless and misleading. Prize and other game decisions for all players shouldn't be made on bad information like that.

Anyway, it is up to RSI to fix and I have asked Lee to ignore any poll results in her decision making process until it is fixed to make the information is actually meaningful. Hopefully she will do so.

_________________
--Travis
The Sentinel
<=======|-- --|=======>
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8836
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Sentinel wrote:
** LAUGH ** Oh the irony... So, the ballot box is being stuffed and I figure that I've only voted once if at all and I guess I should start trying to counteract the stuffers. But, the site won't let me vote for another 23.9 hours. Apparently it only checks if you've logged into the site and not whether you actually voted in that time. So, I finally break down and decide to play the "cheaters" game with them and am prohibited from doing what they've been doing for months because I didn't vote as soon as I logged in. What a sick joke on me.


Cheaters?

It is an open poll, awaiting votes from those interested.

Get with the new world, Trav. (Like voting multiply, continuously for an American Idol.)

This is NOT an election.

(But, then, it looks like it is having the same results as the last election. Wink )


I don't like the fact that this being used by RSI to gauge the players' opinion on a subject and it is, in fact, reflecting a very skewed opinion by those voting multiple times. While it is "within the rules," (hmmm), I don't like it and I don't think it reflects the spirit and intent of a poll. That's be like conducting a political opinion poll where 50% of the responders were actually the same two guys. It makes it meaningless and misleading. Prize and other game decisions for all players shouldn't be made on bad information like that.

Anyway, it is up to RSI to fix and I have asked Lee to ignore any poll results in her decision making process until it is fixed to make the information is actually meaningful. Hopefully she will do so.


We think ALL the polls are ignored, anyway. Cool

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 09, 2005
Posts: 486
Location: Surface of the Sun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Funny... this remindes me of elections in Chicago... wonder if dead managers will vote next?

_________________
J.G. Wellington
Abstract - 1, 36

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jul 12, 2002
Posts: 4071
Location: Omaha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
But, the site won't let me vote for another 23.9 hours.


I'm shocked that someone as computer literate as you hasn't found a way around it yet! Believe me if I were ballot stuffing, you'd know it.

Anyway, why bring this up now? It didn't bother you before when other people were rigging the poll in favor of you top end managers. Look at the prizes that have being offered lately. Do you really think that me and the Consortium are getting our way?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressICQ Number
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Mar 12, 2003
Posts: 971
Location: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
But, the site won't let me vote for another 23.9 hours.


I'm shocked that someone as computer literate as you hasn't found a way around it yet! Believe me if I were ballot stuffing, you'd know it.


It was all I could do to motivate myself to go ahead and vote again. I don't care enough to try to go to lengths to add a couple of votes back on the other side. I've asked Lee to fix it and to ignore any poll results until then.

Managerr wrote:
Anyway, why bring this up now? It didn't bother you before when other people were rigging the poll in favor of you top end managers. Look at the prizes that have being offered lately. Do you really think that me and the Consortium are getting our way?


I don't like that it can be totally rigged/manipulated regardless of who it favors and would want it changed to a one vote system even if I was getting the benefit of it. It's the right thing to do and it's silly to have a poll that functions like this does. It becomes inherently meaningless.

_________________
--Travis
The Sentinel
<=======|-- --|=======>
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8836
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:
But, the site won't let me vote for another 23.9 hours.


I'm shocked that someone as computer literate as you hasn't found a way around it yet! Believe me if I were ballot stuffing, you'd know it.


It was all I could do to motivate myself to go ahead and vote again. I don't care enough to try to go to lengths to add a couple of votes back on the other side. I've asked Lee to fix it and to ignore any poll results until then.

Managerr wrote:
Anyway, why bring this up now? It didn't bother you before when other people were rigging the poll in favor of you top end managers. Look at the prizes that have being offered lately. Do you really think that me and the Consortium are getting our way?


I don't like that it can be totally rigged/manipulated regardless of who it favors and would want it changed to a one vote system even if I was getting the benefit of it. It's the right thing to do and it's silly to have a poll that functions like this does. It becomes inherently meaningless.


Therefore, we hear you saying .....
Fix the poll so that only one vote each - or eliminate the polls.
Sounds fine and intelligent to us.

Until then, this type of poll is made for voting multiply, hence .......
the truth shall be known.

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8836
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

85+% negative and still counting Exclamation

uh, make that 87+% negative .......

Sentinel, are you making sure your votes are counted?

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8836
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
85+% negative and still counting Exclamation

uh, make that 87+% negative .......

Sentinel, are you making sure your votes are counted?


Where would Kelly Clarkson have been without her repeat voters?

Some of us continue to fulfil our voting duties ..... some do not. Wink

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Mar 12, 2003
Posts: 971
Location: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
85+% negative and still counting Exclamation

uh, make that 87+% negative .......

Sentinel, are you making sure your votes are counted?


Where would Kelly Clarkson have been without her repeat voters?

Some of us continue to fulfil our voting duties ..... some do not. Wink


Bah, too much effort. I will live by the will of others for now until RSI makes it right.

_________________
--Travis
The Sentinel
<=======|-- --|=======>
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8836
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
85+% negative and still counting Exclamation

uh, make that 87+% negative .......

Sentinel, are you making sure your votes are counted?


Where would Kelly Clarkson have been without her repeat voters?

Some of us continue to fulfil our voting duties ..... some do not. Wink


Bah, too much effort. I will live by the will of others for now until RSI makes it right.


Lack of action has lost many battles .........

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::