New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Throwback Arena-Barikala (67)
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

blackstorm wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Deke wrote:
I will give it a week before I hijack the idea and contact Lee.

These types of arenas and events are fun. I will advise/warn everyone, however, that if the arena is not "clean", the likelihood is that someone with tournament FE will take advantage of the situation. In general, most will honor it, but all will not/do not. The most recent event we remember is one that ended appx 6 months ago - The Slaughter Challenge in DM54. If you look up the event postings about that arena event on this site, you can get a feel for how it was done that time.
That may be a bad example. Was there that many tourny snipers at the Slaughter challenge?

No, not that I remember. There were a few in the recent dM13 event that the mighty Soultaker won.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
I must admit I find the idea that others would try and take advantage of the situation and, in effect, cheat, to be very depressing. It's a game, get a life.

Having never participated in a special challenge/event/contest - how much does RSI support this sort of thing? This would hopefully be an ongoing arena. Why wouldn't RSI support something as simple as "no tournies?"

With that I will take my innocent lack of experience in the darker side of Duel and sit back and listen to those with more experience...

It is/would be hard for RSI to enforce. They have balked at "closed-to certain-people-event arenas.

But, we did not mean to "poo poo" this type of arena/event. Only to point it out. This type of "taking advantage" is "seldom" and can be controlled pretty well by the managers and alliances and friendships.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I see what you mean. Kind of like me sending 10 teams of tank Bashers and wastes over to 82, nothing stopping me doing that.

I'm pretty sure we can control the "cheaters" if they come over to our no tourney arena. Only an ass would deliberatly break such a rule and with this configuration of managers , we can make their stay real nasty. Laughing

Champions of Rune, Eternal Souls--31
Black Storm--47
Chaos Knights--52
Eye of the Storm--54,104
Eve of Destruction--83
Dark Enclave--81 and more....
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, this was the thread with the discussion about a throwback arena - a "no-tourney" arena. As I start to plan out where my post tournament funds will go - is there any chance of this actually happening? When might we/I find out about it? I understand that things don't happen overnight, but if it is likely to happen I'd probably order a team set-up - otherwise I might use that money to fight a full team somewhere.

I suspect I'm not always "in the loop" on some such things and would like to know if anyone is following up on this with RSI and, if so, what might be the result of the follow-up.

I think tourney impatience is rubbing off on me. Wink

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Created a new thread

Creating a No-Tournament arena

and sent an e-mail to Lee on the Duel Yahoo Group

===============

http://www.delefax.com/ARKYN/Delefax_Web_Portal.html
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Included for historic relevance.

Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I leave DM for a couple of months (well, don't leave, I have my teams on maintanence.. but I couldn't keep track of the website/happenings) due to massive time restrictions.. new career as an auditor.. now is our busy season.. 8 am to 10 pm everyday and what happens?

The no-tourney arena starts without me!!

And I was there with Xiang talking about it at the very beginning!

Well, this is something I've wanted for a long time! It'll be like the old days when it was all about the duelmastership!

the second I get back to DC, I'm express mailing my roll-up and getting started!

This is great and I'm so happy to see so many teams and managers are playing.

Look for my team, "last international" hopefully I won't go 0-5!

Huckle Cat
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HuckleCat wrote:
Well, I leave DM for a couple of months (well, don't leave, I have my teams on maintanence.. but I couldn't keep track of the website/happenings) due to massive time restrictions.. new career as an auditor.. now is our busy season.. 8 am to 10 pm everyday and what happens?

Well, this is something I've wanted for a long time! It'll be like the old days when it was all about the duelmastership!

the second I get back to DC, I'm express mailing my roll-up and getting started!

Huckle Cat
Welcome aboard and have a safe trip.

Champions of Rune, Eternal Souls--31
Black Storm--47
Chaos Knights--52
Eye of the Storm--54,104
Eve of Destruction--83
Dark Enclave--81 and more....
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HuckleCat wrote:

Huckle Cat

Make Sure You Sign the Pledge!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

50+ Stables would be Super!

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OMG, I never considered that an idle idea that we kicked around a table at the 2005 Winter FtF would draw so much attention and come to fruition. Granted not in the form that we originally envisioned, but so much better.

53 teams after Turn 4, and there were something like 50 active for the turn!

This just goes to show that there are multitudes of players out there that were yearning to a return to 'yesteryear' and the worries about becoming the Duelmaster in the arena, schtomping over your opponents (and their friends) with your friends, tons of p-ads (griping, bragging, nonsense), spotlights, etc.

I wonder how many more managers could be brought back to the game if RSI were to mail out a rollup, blank pledge, and an overview of the arena's purpose to all the inactive players?

Could there be enough response to re-open some of the closed arenas with similar rules? The success of Shadowspire should cause this topic to be pondered seriously.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum