New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The Civil War in DM-14
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TMM wrote:
I don't think it's a 'thicker skin' problem. Most of us want to run in a contest that takes place in a closed arena.

Considering Lee is against openeing another closed arena that makes it pretty tough! All talks went through Sandy and Lee is personally against it.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel:

You gave pretty hard implications in saying "What happens if I bring my buddies in and challenge into the contest". Then suddenly it all unraveled. Yes indeed I opened up to how the contest should be run. Not where. Yes I threw F-bombs at LHI because he said I dropped the contest when I VERY clearly NEVER did. He was playing word games to stir me up knowing how I would likely react. Then you yourself asked who was going to take the contest and LHI and Rillion volunteered based on Jiles word games. That'd be enough to piss anyone off. But again I own what I did and if my reaction to everyone else's stepping over the lines that were clearly drawn has ruined this then nobody really wanted it that bad anyways.

Again Lee is AGAINST opening another closed arena for this so next time everyone decides to negotiate with RSI for someone else's contest make sure you talk to Lee ,and not Sandy, she's the one who has the ultimate decision making power!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:
And without fear of being cursed at Smile

You'd have never been cursed at if you hadn't tried playing the "you changed the name therefore you gave it up" card. The contest was still the same and I made that VERY clear. As stated negotiate contests with Lee from now on and not Sandy as she has control over such matters and doesn't want to open a closed arena anyways!

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
LHI wrote:
I am confused about the rules too... tourneys or no tourneys?

Everyone can send their warriors in for the fall mailer, then immediately DA the whole team for turn 1 right after the mailer. Twisted Evil Laughing Razz Laughing Wink Laughing

Fall mailer should run between Oct 28th and Nov 4th so your DA rounds come before the mailer not after Wink No FtF tournies are allowed but mailers are open game! Existing teams can DA and participate but no warrior with FE will be allowed to survive and fight from the DA. This prevents bagged teams from coming in. Any warrior without FE (first fight is DA) who survives can participate in the contest (just like ZalCon 3).

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:
LHI wrote:
I am confused about the rules too... tourneys or no tourneys?

Everyone can send their warriors in for the fall mailer, then immediately DA the whole team for turn 1 right after the mailer. Twisted Evil Laughing Razz Laughing Wink Laughing

Fall mailer should run between Oct 28th and Nov 4th so your DA rounds come before the mailer not after Wink No FtF tournies are allowed but mailers are open game! Existing teams can DA and participate but no warrior with FE will be allowed to survive and fight from the DA. This prevents bagged teams from coming in. Any warrior without FE (first fight is DA) who survives can participate in the contest (just like ZalCon 3).

Wow. FTFs are NO and Mailers are YES? Really? Why? This does not assure an even playing field. We are glad this was brought up, because it is not at all what we thought was meant by levelling the field with no tournaments.

We'd better get those rules repeated thoroughly, so we can all know what it is we may, or may not, choose to enter.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

Street;

If I may make a suggestion - no tournaments. At all.

Reasons:
1) This is an all-inclusive contest, right? Allowing tournaments gives an advantage to those who send warriors. Those who don't, are at a disadvantage. Thus, to stay competative, you really should send warriors to tournaments - which has little or nothing to do with the Civil War.

2) What 'General' in his right mind sends part of his army off to fight in a 'tournament' during a war?

3) If someone manages to TV/TC in the tournament, you'll have the complications of TV/TC challenges and the possibility of prize-modified warriors. We saw those effects in TW IV.

Please reconsider.
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with no tourney participation.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As do I...for the same reasons stated by The Consortium and Kat

Life is pain...anyone who says differently is selling something. --The Man in Black

Teams listed in Extra Info
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright no tournies it is. I left mailers open because everyone seemed to agree earlier about them. Also looks like, due to the leaving of so many, that we will have to push back the start date on this. No rush since the tournies are out anyways. Push it back 3 turns to roughly November 25th. This gives time to regroup for the Freeblades and 'larqs.

Since this is generally for bragging rights we don't want to hear any "You won but we didn't have so and so" 'seither as this open to all. I think everyone's afraid of the Andorian powerhouse anyways Crying or Very sad I mean we have the best manager in the game (Consortium) and the best younger manager in the game (Manager). That being said with the diminished F and D contingent we better pull it off!

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Alright no tournies it is. I left mailers open because everyone seemed to agree earlier about them. Also looks like, due to the leaving of so many, that we will have to push back the start date on this. No rush since the tournies are out anyways. Push it back 3 turns to roughly November 25th. This gives time to regroup for the Freeblades and 'larqs.

Since this is generally for bragging rights we don't want to hear any "You won but we didn't have so and so" 'seither as this open to all. I think everyone's afraid of the Andorian powerhouse anyways Crying or Very sad I mean we have the best manager in the game (Consortium) and the best younger manager in the game (Manager). That being said with the diminished F and D contingent we better pull it off!

OH MY!
We feel some controversy coming on after those statemants.
Manager isn't so young any more, so we guess younger fits.
We certainly agree - no tournaments.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Sentinel:

You gave pretty hard implications in saying "What happens if I bring my buddies in and challenge into the contest". Then suddenly it all unraveled.

This was meant as a "fr'instance" thing to illustrate the potential problems.

Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From previous postings, this is what the Freebladers were looking like (before the falling out):

Mannequin
The Greek Guy
Valamond
Darque
Rillion
The Sentinel
Soultaker
Sandman
Kat
Drake
Pip the Troll

Hopefully, after another month or so - when rules are set and emotions abated, the FreeBladers will field a squad closely resembling the above.
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
From previous postings, this is what the Freebladers were looking like (before the falling out):

Mannequin -- Withdrew
The Greek Guy
Valamond
Darque
Rillion
The Sentinel -- Withdrew
Soultaker -- Withdrew
Sandman -- Withdrew
Kat
Drake
Pip the Troll

Hopefully, after another month or so - when rules are set and emotions abated, the FreeBladers will field a squad closely resembling the above.
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know about the withdrawls (you can add TGG too) - however, I'm hoping y'all will eventually reconsider Cool
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
I know about the withdrawls (you can add TGG too) - however, I'm hoping y'all will eventually reconsider Cool

I am pretty sure you can add Rillion to the withdraw list. That is an assumption based on the crap that was heaped on him. As for reconsidering, I can pretty much assure you that now of the named ones abouve that withdrew will change their minds. It is probably better this way since those managers above are rumored to ruin the contest anyways. I hope that Street Legal has a great contest and I for one will not interfere in his endeavors to build it up. I am sure there will be some contest set up before too long that will welcome the so called troble-making mega-managers. I do feel bad for Valamond and you Kat as I would have loved to cross blades with all of ya.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic