New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - TOGS turn 10 results (T397)
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey everyone, updated totals are below. Very interesting developments. with the Samwise/Mannequin team having another subpar turn and Manager/Creepster launching up the rankings on the power of Manager's machinations. With 127 total points, they make up a lot of ground and prove once again that you have to perform during the multiplier rounds. The FONZ collusion continues <insert sarcasm> as Soultaker and I accept 5 of our 6 challenges from FONZ non-alliance members. Better whip up some more hysteria, Mr. Puppetmaster! *laugh*

Other notes:
- Tiny Tim accepts no challenges this turn and holds the throne once again, adding to Team 6's stellar showing with a 28 minute snoozer against Waragen.
- There was only one down-challenge other than the DM challenge.
- Rumor has it that Samwise enjoys winning much more than losing. He's curious like that.
- We had one challenge into the contest by Rip Torn of the Funky Folk. If anyone has any sway with Papa Bear, maybe you can point out to him that there's a contest happening. This would have never happened in a closed arena... (I couldn't resist)
- Consortium's killing ways carry over from Aruak, much to Lord Xiang's glee.
- My Best Buds 2 had another warrior whacked this turn.
- Oh yeah, and my runner-up TV from the FTF got killed, too. Not a huge loss in the big picture of my DM, but a definite inconvenience for TOGS. And the kicker is no BF because it was a non-TOGS warrior. A pox on you, Master Darque.

Remember that all the totals below include the 1.5 pt multiplier.

T397 TOGS totals
TTL -- T397 -- TEAM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
598.5 -- 82.5 -- TEAM 3 -- SOULTAKER / DEATH STUD
554.5 -- 43.5 -- TEAM 2 -- SAMWISE THE BALD / MANNEQUIN
550.5 -- 76.5 -- TEAM 9 -- NULN / SNOTMAN
545.5 -- 127.5 -- TEAM 6 -- THE CREEPSTER / MANAGER
518 -- 96 -- TEAM 11 -- INDIMAR / CYBER PUNK
504 -- 66 -- TEAM 7 -- HOMBRE / GANOLUS OAKLEAF
478 -- 96 -- TEAM 12 -- STREET LEGAL / GHOTI
434 -- 84 -- TEAM 8 -- RILLION / RASCALLY RABBIT
387 -- 33 -- TEAM 13 -- TUM / LHI
371 -- 24 -- TEAM 4 -- LORD XIANG / SERAPHIM
361 -- 39 -- TEAM 1 -- LADY ELYSIAN / A-SOP
165.5 -- -4.5 -- TEAM 10 -- FARMER BOB / MISSION
164 -- -15 -- TEAM 5 -- ULTRAIST / JEKYLL
0* -- -15 -- TEAM 14 -- TIGTOAD / DMOBSTER

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Better whip up some more hysteria, Mr. Puppetmaster! *laugh*

While Team 6's "comeback" is a nice, fluffy, "scrappy team left for dead rising from the ashes into mathematical contention" tale, I think it's convenient how you totally glossed over the real story of the turn. That is, Team 3 opening up a their lead from 5 points to 44 points! So I'm guessing that everyone needs to put away their Team 2 voodoo dolls (Sorry, Snotman) and concentrate on Team 3! (Or better yet, Team 3 with a little bit leftover for Team 2!)

Actually, Papa Bear is known for taking advantage of the closed arenas to re-activate his tourney teams there and run (apparently) maliciously there.

Quote:
Oh yeah, and my runner-up TV from the FTF got killed, too. Not a huge loss in the big picture of my DM, but a definite inconvenience for TOGS. And the kicker is no BF because it was a non-TOGS warrior. A pox on you, Master Darque.

Between Cobra and Tarantella, don't think I'm not onto your plan of stacking the Dead Adepts tourney!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The opening up of Team 3's lead to an almost 50 points is apparently what many were talking about in the varying spots in TOGS. Soultaker and Studanchor have apparently got the FONZCO (FONZ Collusion Co) working to an optimum in their favor as Team three begins pulling away.

It was interesting how the "results" were presented by The Little Studanchor as some great strategy of Team 6, presumably due to the "finally" large, lucky point turn, but the true concern should be whatever collusion/strategy is allowing Team 3 to distance themselves.

Time to GET Team Three.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
The FONZ collusion continues as Soultaker and I accept 5 of our 6 challenges from FONZ non-alliance members.

Great so now you have your little chachi's throwing fights to you! How low are you willing to stoop?!?
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
Sentinel wrote:
The FONZ collusion continues as Soultaker and I accept 5 of our 6 challenges from FONZ non-alliance members.

Great so now you have your little chachi's throwing fights to you! How low are you willing to stoop?!?

Rumors are flowing fast and furious of some extensive and unusual fight throwing in FONZCOs favor.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentistud needs to get his prescription glasses checked. I went 5-0 and got a warrior whacked again? How is this possible? Not only that I revenged both deaths! Though Leg Warmer survived the fray Embarassed

Onto another note. Time for EVERYONE to throw Manager and Consortium wins! 7*10 +10 for DM *1.5=120 guaranteed points. To sum it up: Beat FONZCO or throw to C&M! Got it? GOOD!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Rillion wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

Rumors are flowing fast and furious of some extensive and unusual fight throwing in FONZCOs favor.

If his well timed start to the ToGS (An uber scum sitting at the top) had worked out better he'd really be pulling away!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

>>>>Oh yeah, and my runner-up TV from the FTF got killed, too. Not a huge loss in the big picture of my DM, but a definite inconvenience for TOGS. And the kicker is no BF because it was a non-TOGS warrior. A pox on you, Master Darque. >>>>

If the warrior your talking about is Cobra then you really should not blame Master D. Willow is mine, just runs under a different team name (I got the guy from Daniel a long time ago). I felt bad that my random matchup killed a TOGS guy, I was just there getting 2 fe I needed for the MI, but then I saw who I killed and I didnt feel bad anymore Smile
TGG/Corey
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
I felt bad that my random matchup killed a TOGS guy,

You should feel bad that you abandoned me right before the TOGS started! We coulda been contenders!
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Look you know what would have happened. We would have been top three heading into the final rounds and then in our typical fashion we would go 0-10 and once again be the "choke artists" of TOGS. Havent we heard that tune enough? I did us both a favor. Besides Steve is a great partner when he is not on maintenance strats and remembers to send in spots and personals Wink
TGG
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
>>>>Oh yeah, and my runner-up TV from the FTF got killed, too. Not a huge loss in the big picture of my DM, but a definite inconvenience for TOGS. And the kicker is no BF because it was a non-TOGS warrior. A pox on you, Master Darque. >>>>

If the warrior your talking about is Cobra then you really should not blame Master D. Willow is mine, just runs under a different team name (I got the guy from Daniel a long time ago). I felt bad that my random matchup killed a TOGS guy, I was just there getting 2 fe I needed for the MI, but then I saw who I killed and I didnt feel bad anymore Smile
TGG/Corey

TGG, you da man!
A great contribution to the non-colluding Anti-FONZ establishment Exclamation

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If the warrior your talking about is Cobra then you really should not blame Master D. Willow is mine, just runs under a different team name (I got the guy from Daniel a long time ago). I felt bad that my random matchup killed a TOGS guy, I was just there getting 2 fe I needed for the MI, but then I saw who I killed and I didnt feel bad anymore

You're awesome, TGG! I take back all of the times I agreed with the FONZ when they were making fun of you and calling you a big choker behind your back!
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
If the warrior your talking about is Cobra then you really should not blame Master D. Willow is mine, just runs under a different team name (I got the guy from Daniel a long time ago). I felt bad that my random matchup killed a TOGS guy, I was just there getting 2 fe I needed for the MI, but then I saw who I killed and I didnt feel bad anymore

You're awesome, TGG! I take back all of the times I agreed with the FONZ when they were making fun of you and calling you a big choker behind your back!

We would never have wasted that behind his back. We said it to his face and anyone that would listen.

GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea and you did so many times at every FTF I've attended since the last TOGS. However notice I never mention the fall outside the restaurant you had at the FTF. I believe I was not the only one to witness the earth moving event Smile
TGG
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
We would have been top three heading into the final rounds and then in our typical fashion we would go 0-10 and once again be the "choke artists" of TOGS. Havent we heard that tune enough?

Well maybe in the next TOGS we can try to redeem ourselves, I mean in our 2nd TOGS we faded early and stopped trying half way through so we clearly don't have a history of just choking at the end. Confused
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic