New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 11 Results
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Note to Snotman: Why Change the name of your warrior from 'Death to Team 2' to 'Death to Team 6'? Surely you must realize that Team 3 is currently in first place, right? Oh, I forgot they're a fellow FONZ team. Just for that I hope you guys randomly match up with yourselves again. Oh wait.... Laughing

Speaking of Team 3, Team 3 might be back! Look out for them!

A big *hugs* to my partner for single handedly carrying the team and scoring almost all of our points this turn! You rock!

One-Timer loses and he's still ranked higher than the person that beat him?

Last edited by Managerr on Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Note to Snotman: Why Change the name of your warrior from 'Death to Team 2' to 'Death to Team 6'?

Um, because you are evil and annoying.
Managerr wrote:
Surely you must realize that Team 3 is currently in first place, right? Oh, I forgot they're a fellow FONZ team. Just for that I hope you guys randomly match up with yourselves again. Oh wait.... Laughing

As in "back in the pack?" Things are awfully even up there now. Basically a dead heat going into the last two multiplier rounds. While I would love to have a 250 pt lead right now and to see your team in 10th place, you honestly can't ask for much more than the ending this is shaping up to be.
Managerr wrote:
A big *hugs* to my partner for single handedly carrying the team and scoring almost all of our points this turn! You rock!

Call me and I'll explain the intricacies of the points floor to you. It's a beautiful way to ensure that you only can get 4 pts per turn on your challenges.

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

And you guys aren't?

Quote:
As in "back in the pack?" Things are awfully even up there now. Basically a dead heat going into the last two multiplier rounds. While I would love to have a 250 pt lead right now and to see your team in 10th place, you honestly can't ask for much more than the ending this is shaping up to be.

Oops I meant Team 2. Well, I actually could ask for my team to be in first place instead of us having to claw mercilessly to the top each and every turn. If things stay as tight as they did last TOGS, then that can only be a good thing though.

How can Tiny Tim receive 8 challenges this turn when there were only 6 Eligible CC's last turn? They must be counting double challenges in this. Too weird.

My TOGS partner also wrote the best team spotlight ever!
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

And you guys aren't?

Right.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Note to Snotman: Why Change the name of your warrior from 'Death to Team 2' to 'Death to Team 6'? Surely you must realize that Team 3 is currently in first place, right? Oh, I forgot they're a fellow FONZ team. Just for that I hope you guys randomly match up with yourselves again. Oh wait.... Laughing

Uh, we are not into hugs! (Send money Wink )
One-Timer has always been overrated.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And the newest scoring is ....................................

(Write big, Sentinel. Wink )

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Samwise
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:

Why? Are you that excited that you managed to hold on to third place? Wink
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Samwise wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

Nope. We are tremendously excited to see the rerise of two of the games most underrated managers as they unfold their movement (not bowel) back to the top. And the # 1 team this time was - the Man Of Malt and the Only Man In The World Happy To See A Seattle Win ..........

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Samwise wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

Nope. We are tremendously excited to see the rerise of two of the games most underrated managers as they unfold their movement (not bowel) back to the top. And the # 1 team this time was - the Man Of Malt and the Only Man In The World Happy To See A Seattle Win ..........

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Why? Are you that excited that you managed to hold on to third place?

How do you know we're in 3rd place? Are we? In the current standings, we're 4th. Did Death Stud send you an advance copies of the standings so you FONZers would have more time to plan your turn?
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just want to see another death occur and get blamed for it, though I actually had nothing to do with it. A pox on me Sentinel?!? Wink

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Samwise
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
Why? Are you that excited that you managed to hold on to third place?

How do you know we're in 3rd place? Are we? In the current standings, we're 4th. Did Death Stud send you an advance copies of the standings so you FONZers would have more time to plan your turn?

Hmmm...how do I know you're in third place? Well, as you pointed out, you're in 4th. So, Death Stud couldn't have sent me an advance copy then, could he, smart guy, because I would have known you're in 4th, right?

I assumed you were in 3rd. And, how did I come to that conclusion, you ask? Hmmm...let's see:

1. The turn posted this morning on the website.
2. I added up the points my partner and I earned.
3. I took a look at what Soultaker and Death Stud did. We did better than they did, but it wasn't enough to take back first place.
4. We did slightly better than you and your partner, as well as Nuln and Snotman.
5. We were in second place last turn.
6. Nuln and Snotman were in third place last turn. You were in fourth place last turn.
7. If we were in second place last turn and Nuln and Snotman were in third and you were in fourth place last turn AND we did better than both your teams did this turn, THEN, it would stand to reason that we would still be in second pace.
8. Since Nuln and Snotman went 5-5 this turn and you and the Creepster went 5-5 this turn, but held onto the DM throne with the multipliers, would it not be a reasonable conclusion that you might have done well enough to close the small gap between the two teams?

Do you follow all that? Have I made it clear how I came to my conclusion? And look: no collusion. No conspiracy. I did it all by myself with my very own brain! I know it's hard for you to believe that someone might actually rely solely on themselves to get what they want, but that's how it went down.

Does that just about cover it all, smart guy?

Good night, now!
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Hmmm...how do I know you're in third place? Well, as you pointed out, you're in 4th. So, Death Stud couldn't have sent me an advance copy then, could he, smart guy, because I would have known you're in 4th, right?

No as of the most recent standings we're in 4th. I suspect you're right and we might be in 3rd now. So if you didn't have an advance copy, I'd assume you were working from the most recent version where we were 4th.

Quote:
Do you follow all that? Have I made it clear how I came to my conclusion? And look: no collusion. No conspiracy. I did it all by myself with my very own brain! I know it's hard for you to believe that someone might actually rely solely on themselves to get what they want, but that's how it went down.

Much! Honestly, I had no idea you were paying that much attention! It would have been a little better if you had said: "Moved up into 3rd place" instead of "hold onto 3rd place" because we weren't in 3rd place to begin with.
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

11 turns down, 2 to go. Don't forget that the last two turns are x2 multiplier rounds. Good turns by Team 2 and Team 6, coupled with a subpar turn by Soulie and Me leaves the top of the ranking tight, tight, tight! Including Nuln and Snotman, that leave only 40 points separating the top four teams. That is nothing with the final multiplier rounds and I'd say anyone within 100 points has an outside shot at this thing. BRING IT!

Also, note that Lady A and Lady E had a massive 96 point turn and are now laughing behind their gloved hands at TUM/LHI and Lord Xiang/Seraphim who are officially getting punked now. But, I give Lord Xiang and Seraphim credit for being one of the first Delarquan teams to (probably) finish the TOGS and for being a pleasant addition to the contest this year. I'd congratulate TUM/LHI also, but LHI isn't really Delarquan and has thrown in the writing towel, so he gets a Boo-Hiss from me.

Instead of commenting on anything else that happened, I'll just leave you to chew on the rankings and prepare for the final rounds.

T398 TOGS totals

TOTAL -- T398 -- TEAM -- MANAGERS
--------------------------------------------------------------
655.5 -- 57 -- TEAM 3 -- SOULTAKER / DEATH STUD
641.5 -- 87 -- TEAM 2 -- SAMWISE THE BALD / MANNEQUIN
628 -- 82.5 -- TEAM 6 -- THE CREEPSTER / MANAGER
616.5 -- 66 -- TEAM 9 -- NULN / SNOTMAN
580.5 -- 76.5 -- TEAM 7 -- HOMBRE / GANOLUS OAKLEAF
554 -- 36 -- TEAM 11 -- INDIMAR / CYBER PUNK
541 -- 63 -- TEAM 12 -- STREET LEGAL / GHOTI
480.5 -- 46.5 -- TEAM 8 -- RILLION / RASCALLY RABBIT
457 -- 96 -- TEAM 1 -- LADY ELYSIAN / A-SOP
414 -- 27 -- TEAM 13 -- TUM / LHI
377 -- 6 -- TEAM 4 -- LORD XIANG / SERAPHIM
177.5 -- 12 -- TEAM 10 -- FARMER BOB / MISSION
149 -- -15 -- TEAM 5 -- ULTRAIST / JEKYLL
0* -- -15 -- TEAM 14 -- TIGTOAD / DMOBSTER

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Also, note that Lady A and Lady E had a massive 96 point turn and are now laughing behind their gloved hands at TUM/LHI and Lord Xiang/Seraphim who are officially getting punked now.

OMG, this has to be like the biggest upset for an individual high turn score in TOGS history. Congrats to Lady A and E!

I think TigToad and DMobster should be allowed to go below zero in their score. If you quit TOGS, then you deserve the humiliation of having your score plummet to below freezing levels each and every turn when the standings are posted.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic