New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22265

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Roll-Up
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Mentors
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well got an interesting rollup back today. At first glance it had DA written all over it, BUT upon further investigation I realized that there was something worth looking at for a turn or three. with the right luck I could stand to play it. Though it is not something I would normally keep. Let me know what you see in this one and then i'll post what I have done.

6-12-10-10-9-13-10
Dreihdenflahg
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A lot of folks would DA this glad... but I think it has a shot...

I'd try 9-12-10-15-9-14-15 TP/PR/ST/PS

- Dreihdenflahg

Active Teams:
U.B.O.S.M. (DM11)
Dreih's Freaks (DM18)
Dreih's Tribe (DM21)
Dreihdenwald (DM54)
R.J.G. (DM60)
The Dreihdens (DM74)
saucyjack
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Mentors wrote:

6-12-10-10-9-13-10

Short term guys are a whole different ball of wax. Me, I play to their strengths more than make up for their weaknesses, but this rollup isn't giving him much of anything offensive to work with, so my likely design would be PS, maybe 11-12-10-15-9-17-10 or some other ugly fast shit like that. I'd definitely run his speed up some and try to make him capable of hitting someone quick with at least normal damage.
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To be honest, I wouldn't give him the time of day. 15/15 guys are pretty damned mediocre these days unless backed by something special, and this guy's other stats don't cut it. On top of that, this setup doesn't really make up for the best disposable warrior.

saucyjack
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't run it either, except to the DA, but I try and make something out of them. One of mine will come back someday and I'll want to have an idea why.
The_Mentors
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

6-12-10-10-9-13-10

Well while I was getting my turn ready I looked at this some more. I would probably do something like 8-12-10-15-15-13-11 train st on the first turn and I don't like the design for any style! LOL Not enough st for waste, not enough DEC for an offensive. Maybe a TP. I would hate it tho. A SC Slasher? Hmm a throw away striker. none of it seems very exciting. Still not sure what i'll do. but I will only see one turn most likely. Just to see the overview.
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Mentors wrote:
6-12-10-10-9-13-10

Well while I was getting my turn ready I looked at this some more. I would probably do something like 8-12-10-15-15-13-11 train st on the first turn and I don't like the design for any style! LOL Not enough st for waste, not enough DEC for an offensive. Maybe a TP. I would hate it tho. A SC Slasher? Hmm a throw away striker. none of it seems very exciting. Still not sure what i'll do. but I will only see one turn most likely. Just to see the overview.

Make him a SL. With a little luck (good damage, decis fave), this can be a very successful warriors. I have 3-4 warriors like this that I've graduated at 14-7 or better. But, you have to run him 2-3 turns to see what he learns. If he learns decis, I would definitely run him. If he learns init (or anything but decis probably), then kill him. In an arena I run in consistently, I'll always give a rollup like this a chance. But then again, I'm not a jaded megamanager like many of the people who comment on roll-ups...

The_Mentors
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah I have a slasher who Graduated maxed in decis and attack. Of course the starting stats were better and there was some luck. I am at work so I can't go look at the specifics. Anyway that is one of my Fav characters. He actually had admaster attack before admas init hehe. Both on skills. If I am not mistaken I believe his Decis base was 11 give or take one. So not the fastest but he is alot of fun and he has a phenominial record. I don't want to give to many specifics on this one, but he also got great damage which according to my chart was a 2% chance given his str/ size. So yeah I like slashers maybe I will give him a chance.
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, run him if you want. I get tired of 15 wit warriors learning barely more than 1 skill per turn - they fall behind and get crushed. My designs are primarily based on doing well in basic, and 15/15 guys generally don't.

Anti
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ichabod wrote:
Well, run him if you want. I get tired of 15 wit warriors learning barely more than 1 skill per turn - they fall behind and get crushed. My designs are primarily based on doing well in basic, and 15/15 guys generally don't.

Well to mix what Sentinel and Ichabod said... you can try it and see how it does for a couple of fights... but if it doesn't show "the knack" and learn pretty well it's not the sort of fighter you'll regret DA'ing. Smile

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah absolutely. I wouldn't regret DA'ing it from the get go, but in that arena I have no projects. As hard as it is to believe I have 4 very nice warriors already there. so I might give this a couple of turns to look at. I have no double or triple 15's active warriors maybe I should give it a chance. BTW I have a 21 wit lunger who doesn't even average 1 skill per fight. Of cource she has been sandbagging for sometime, and she was created at a gencon. The gencon that started arena 62 I think but I could be wrong. My better learners seem to be my 17 wit guys for some reason. Any how thanks for the feedback on this silly rollup
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic