New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1576

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Arena 81 Spotlight/Article - Help Needed
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MasterBeru
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, so now that I see we are approaching 20 teams returned to managers, I am starting to put together the second part of the spotlight for Turn 1 of arena 81 - Heather Glenn (???). The second part will be a kick-off bash which would ideally feature ALL the managers and their best warrior in 81 (I know we all have our favorites already) at a banquet the night before the first fight. I would like to get your assistance to make this spotlight reflect those who will be there on turn 1.

What I would like from you is a brief description of your manager persona, your team name (finalized), the name of the warrior you feel is your best in the arena and a brief description of them, and any details you care to supply about how your manager/warrior is likely to act at such a soire (fancy word for party, I hope I spelled it right. Wink )

What I will do then is write up the story and send the part that references you by PM or email for your review. Then it would be submitted to RSI for turn 1.

To accomplish this, I will need your initial information by Dec 15th. I will send rough drafts of what I wrote about you by Dec 22nd. I intend to submit the final article by January 5th, so we can hash out differences between the 22nd and the 5th.

So, here is an example of Master Beru:

Master Beru, Childhood Heroes, is just over 6 ft tall with brown, graying hair and a goatee and fu manchu. He has an athletic, thin build from long use of weapons, although not the refined, chiselled look of those warriors who preen around the arena with no shirt. His formal attire is a pair of good brown breeched, a fine silk shirt of a cream color, and a blue jacket of fine wool which bears a golden fist emblem on each collar, a silver with inlaid blue sapphire falcon on his left breast, and some gold piping on the arms of the jacket around his wrists.

Accompanying Master Beru is Snake-Eyes in a black body suit which hides his entire body from neck to toe. His face is hidden behind a mask of black which hides his entire face, leaving space only for his eyes. The astute observer will notice that his food goes untouched for the evening.

Master Beru is a master at the art of making small talk. At formal gatherings, he makes a point of talking to everyone and seeks small groups to chat with as the event presses on. He avoids officials usually, although especially if they are the sort who are full of their title.

Make sense? You can either post here, PM me, or email me at d_spinella@msn.com. If you email me, make sure to point out your D2/DM persona since I might not connect the two otherwise.

MB
Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Doctor Trystin Roe LeGrand of Doc LeGrand's Lab is a tall gaunt man who looks like "Dennis the Menace's" father in a white lab coat with thick black glasses. There are the occasional coffee stains on the lab coat, and random condiment spots on his out of fashion tie. Armed with a clip board, Doc LeGrand's attention wanders. He looks through people rather than at them. Prone to long lapses in conversation, he has an annoying habit of repeating the questions posed to him.

Standing behind the Doctor is a slight woman in a pale blue jumpsuit, with "81" and "Shrew" sewn over a shoulder patch. She wrinkles her nose frequently and visibly sniffs the air. She has tiny eyes, always squinting. She says nothing, and once she is seated is totally focused on her food.

Doc LeGrand begins many sentences and finishes few, dropping the conversation in the middle, or mumbling to himself. Constantly flipping back in forth on pages on his clipboard, he takes many frenzied notes. From time to time his research assistant brings him a slip of paper or a chart then hurries away once Doc LeGrand has given her some cryptic instruction about something occurring in the lab. Rachel might be considered attractive in some "repressed librarian" sort of way. Regardless, Doc LeGrand is oblivious.

http://www.delefax.com/ARKYN/Delefax_Web_Portal.html
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[color=indigo]Will be a bit pressed for time as the Doha Asian Games run through the 15th of this month, but will see what I can provide for you!

Have a bunch of Spots to write in the arenas where my stables are now active, so I accept the challenge!

Glad you ran with my idea from the Morya Madness Spot I told you about as I am doing something else for the opening Spot by Hammer the WordSmith in a different vein!
[/color]

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am allways willing to help with spots i will be mentioning this in my next turn in Dal shange (65)
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Give me a few days extension after 15th so can post info!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

***** Any clarifications or ideas just contact me via Email MB *******

Hammer is 6' 5"

Wears an Elven War Cloak that was a gift bestowed upon him turning the Elven Wars [an interdimensional time warped battle as yet untold in any of my past Spots!]

Also uses Elven Orbs of Transport for his many adventures

Elven Shift Stones [either to alter identity or swap locations with other entities!]

Elven Pebble of Persuasion [mind influencing weapon!]

Elven Mirrors of Migration [step through to other dimensions and back through other EMM's scattered throughout Alastari and beyond recently mentioned in Arkers Arena!]

Likes to use exclamation points and alliteration in his writing!

Has many titles including

Minister of War
the WordSmith
Swamp Syndicate Scribe
Ilumminati Ice Pick

The Hammerz Flower Garden Estate on the Lake located outside Morya DM 28 includes a Dwarves Militia and mines [tied into the untold tale of the interdimensional Elven Wars]

Hammer is the official ShadowSpire Scribe of the No Tourney Tribune in DM 81

Wears Cebuana Isla Chain Mail Shirt underneath his Elven War Cloak that was given to him as a gift from Lady Martilyo for helping to repel a Troll invasion from her homeworld Cebuana Isla [a floating island in the sky!]

Can pull a myriad assortment of weapons and baubles from the Elven War Cloak because the inside pocket is actually a portal to another dimension weapons arsenal

Rumored to be the Guardian of a Secret Elven Treasure Trove and has amassed quite a gathering of offbeat gladiators who serve a divine purpose other than fighting in the arenas!

Has a Crimson Ascension Temple constructed on the property in Morya and has a prophetic calling on his life

AARDVARK HAMMERZ is the DM 81 squad [reference the All Arena Ad / Spot currently in the newsletters!

Often hangs out at an outpost SomeWhere Beyond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen because the Elven Orbs of Transport deposit him there unexpectedly more often than not

Hammer is a Free Blader with Delarq tendencies when such a stance is suitable and mainly because he believes in the right of every manager to choose their loyalties and / or disloyalties and respects the Andorian choice but inwardly can not justify the Andorian Way owing to the experiences he has undergone over the years!

Was a heavy promoter of contest [especially DM 33 years ago!] but has suffered from burnout with seemingly no change of heart in the near future owing to a number of reasons!

Has come out of semi retirement and become radically active the past few months and has joined the DM 81 and DM 66 gatherings for reasons unknown but due to dark unseen forces at work throughout Alastari!

Also rumored to be the unknown Herald of Heather Glenn

As a veteran manager long known for his promotion of Arena Growth throughout Alastari it would not be out of character for Hammer to be called upon at the banquet to address the gathering of peers and offer up a prophetic prayer of combat on the eve of the DM 81 opening round

RIGHT HAND HAMMER LIGHTNING HAMMER WRONG HAND HAMMER SLICE RICE HAMMER and RED DRAGON HAMMER are all introduced and Hammer takes bets on which warriors will survive the first 10 rounds of Sand Battles

They are shrouded in Elven War Cloaks and what with the Elven Shift Stones no one really gets a good look at their true appearance.

WRONG HAND HAMMER may very well be the favourite warrior in the original DM 81 stable but probably more because Hammer knows the chances for survival are slim to none for all 5 but especially WHH

Hammer also made a decision a few years ago to name his new stables with HAMMERZ included and every warrior a HAMMER so other managers have no excuse in not knowing which stables belong to him in Tourneys and in Basic Arenas!

Hammer occasionally runs warriors in Tourneys to add Skills for Basic Arena Play and the No Tourney Arena suits him well because he is well known for running his stables on maintenance!

Hammer has been seen with various assortments of hair styles and facial hair styles, but since taking the title Minister of War the veteran manager keeps his head shaved and beard shaved [a dark mystery to his Dwarf friends and Allies and widely accepted as a gesture of honor to his Elven friends and Allies!] Used to wear his hair in a pony tail and his appearance can change depending upon the Elven Shift Stone or a Time Jump or whatever else fits the story!

It has been a long time since The Flaming One has entered the life of Hammer and not mentioned since The Morya Madness [a golden flying dragon with telepathic powers and breathes fire who seeks out Hammer to transport him to other dimensions to fight evil whenever the need arises! Hammer uses The Flaming One as a mighty battle steed only in the darkest of times and the dragon seeks out Hammer when such a need arises! Thus Hammer will drop everything he is doing to ride off into another dimensional battle with his interstellar solar steed when The Flaming One appears!]

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Smitty = nondescript, medium size, medium height, down-home Southern Indiana redneck hillbilly country boy - with a few surprises up his sleeve.

See y'all soon, now, y'hear?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727

Last edited by The Consortium on Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Killjoy
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Team: Knight's of Kekoral
manager: Aranthar

The Karian Kingdoms are Along the shores of the Karian Sea to the extreme northwest of the same continent Lirith Kia is on.

Kekoral is one of the kingdoms in that region.

Aranthar is the youngest son of the duke of Torasin a city state in the kingdom of Kekoral. he left his country and joined the Team Til Death do us part origonal in Simtakka now in Dal Shang.

the King of Kekoral (Marik III) commanded that Aranthar having arena exsperiance will lead this new team to help train new knights to defend Kekoral from any neighbors that may wish to exspanf ther borders.

Aranthar
hair: brown
eyes: brown
build: tall strong

he is going to marry Sitha Nisanli of the sand dancers
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Was there enough time to get us written in your Spot for the First Cycle?

Question Question Question Question Question

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Evening everyone,

My apologies for being behind on getting your excerpts out to you. Short version is that I got some inspiration on a novel I am writing and have been having trouble writing anything else. Great for me on the novel (I have written about 80,000 words of the story in the last ten days), not good on the spotlight.

I have worked past the worst of it, and have the story concept in mind and merely need to get it written out. I will send your piece out as soon as possible for review.

Thanks for your patience.

MB
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MasterBeru wrote:
Evening everyone,

My apologies for being behind on getting your excerpts out to you. Short version is that I got some inspiration on a novel I am writing and have been having trouble writing anything else. Great for me on the novel (I have written about 80,000 words of the story in the last ten days), not good on the spotlight.

I have worked past the worst of it, and have the story concept in mind and merely need to get it written out. I will send your piece out as soon as possible for review.

MB

No Problem!

That explains WHY You Did NOT Write a Spot in DM 8 this cycle!

By the way, I sent DWARF FIRE HAMMER on a Blood Feud Challenge without Any Changes to the Regular Strategy!

She Awaits Your Blood Feud Next Cycle!

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hammer_Minister_of_War wrote:
MasterBeru wrote:
Evening everyone,

MB

No Problem!

By the way, I sent DWARF FIRE HAMMER on a Blood Feud Challenge without Any Changes to the Regular Strategy!

Hammer,

Yeah, I could not break the grip of my 'MUSE' once it set in. I already have an idea for this next turn though, so please forgive my oversight.

As for Ginglio, no worries, although I will strive to avenge him. He was a LU 9(1)-5-13-17-13-13-15 who started Ex Attack. Poor endurance would have hampered his growth though. I look forward to seeing what my replacement is. I'm hoping for something scummy...

See you on the sands soon.

MB
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

AHA!! I beat u all up in 8 this turn Laughing Laughing Wink . Wonder if i can carry momentum over to next cycle and get top team?

Champions of Rune, Eternal Souls--31
Black Storm--47
Chaos Knights--52
Eye of the Storm--54,104
Eve of Destruction--83
Dark Enclave--81 and more....
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MasterBeru wrote:
Hammer_Minister_of_War wrote:
MasterBeru wrote:
Evening everyone,

MB

No Problem!

Hammer,

Yeah, I could not break the grip of my 'MUSE' once it set in. I already have an idea for this next turn though, so please forgive my oversight.

As for Ginglio, no worries, although I will strive to avenge him. He was a LU 9(1)-5-13-17-13-13-15 who started Ex Attack. Poor endurance would have hampered his growth though. I look forward to seeing what my replacement is. I'm hoping for something scummy...

See you on the sands soon.

MB

Look forward to our next encounter!

Also reading yer Spots!

Write on O Muse!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

blackstorm wrote:
AHA!! I beat u all up in 8 this turn Laughing Laughing Wink . Wonder if i can carry momentum over to next cycle and get top team?

Did not even notice Blackstorm!

Try to save savoring a newsletter for those many [how many?] days later to read the hard copy when I have the time!

Congratulations on yer accomplishments!

We shall see how you fare next cycle!

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum