New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22261

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Wll there be a Duelmaster on Turn 1?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Vindictus
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Will there be a Duelmaster on Turn 1?

Or is there a minimum number of turns before the Throne becomes available?
Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I will ask RSI. I think it is based on Recognition level. And with 30+ teams it could be a long time before one warrior has a higher recongnition total than eveyone else. On a positive note, it will not be a scum warrior.

As far as the competitons, I an not tracking "IRON THRONE" Points until turn 11.

The Iron Throne Award:
The first team to hold the Duelmaster for 10 turns STARTING ON TURN 11.

http://www.delefax.com/ARKYN/Delefax_Web_Portal.html
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Slugbait
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The last couple of new arenas I was involved with (many, many, many years ago) the first Duelmaster was a warrior that either: killed a RSI stand-in, survived the dark arena or had two kills by turn two. I bet we have a duelmaster, with a kill or two, by turn 2 -3.

My suggestion is that you DA your best warrior(s) so that you can become Duelmaster. That is what I'm doing. Wink

slugbait
MasterBeru
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If I recall correctly, there will be. From being part of a few new arenas in the 80s/90s, the title goes to the top warrior on turn 1. This appeared to be determined by:
1) Recognition Level
2) If tied, then best kill record
3) If tied, then most popular (unconfirmed)
4) If tied, then ??? factor

Two arenas that I recall ended up like Deke said and killed stand-ins on turn one to get 20+ recognition. Both were LUs, if my memory is not playing tricks on me. Both of those were cut and dry though with them having more recognition than any other warrior.

I heard about one arena where a DA'd warrior won and got the first turn DM. But I never talked to the manager directly to confirm this. Rumor had it that the warrior was horrid on paper but managed to win several fights in the DA before finally being killed off. Can't say I trust the story though.

Essentially, first DM is a crap shoot. The next three or four turns are not much better. After that skill really shines.

MB
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chaos Lord will be the first DM!! Rolling Eyes Razz Rolling Eyes Laughing

Champions of Rune, Eternal Souls--31
Black Storm--47
Chaos Knights--52
Eye of the Storm--54,104
Eve of Destruction--83
Dark Enclave--81 and more....
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MasterBeru wrote:
If I recall correctly, there will be. From being part of a few new arenas in the 80s/90s, the title goes to the top warrior on turn 1. This appeared to be determined by:
1) Recognition Level

Two arenas that I recall ended up like Deke said and killed stand-ins on turn one to get 20+ recognition. Both were LUs, if my memory is not playing tricks on me. Both of those were cut and dry though with them having more recognition than any other warrior.

I heard about one arena where a DA'd warrior won and got the first turn DM. But I never talked to the manager directly to confirm this. Rumor had it that the warrior was horrid on paper but managed to win several fights in the DA before finally being killed off. Can't say I trust the story though.

Essentially, first DM is a crap shoot. The next three or four turns are not much better. After that skill really shines.

MB

To my knowledge, Popularity has nothing to do with determining the DM. I was not aware that kills played a factor as well. Using DM 28 this past turn as an example, I do not believe it to be true. A new arena could have a different rule set, but there hasn't been a new arena in so long I don't expect many people to remember all the ins and outs.

The only ways to become DM are have the most recognition points or to defeat the reigning DM. Looking it over, I like the idea of using kills as a tie-breaker (afterall it is used in the Current Top Team category) but any factor beyond that is questionable.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
MasterBeru
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
MasterBeru wrote:
1) Recognition Level

MB

To my knowledge, Popularity has nothing to do with determining the DM. I was not aware that kills played a factor as well. Using DM 28 this past turn as an example, I do not believe it to be true. A new arena could have a different rule set, but there hasn't been a new arena in so long I don't expect many people to remember all the ins and outs.

The only ways to become DM are have the most recognition points or to defeat the reigning DM. Looking it over, I like the idea of using kills as a tie-breaker (afterall it is used in the Current Top Team category) but any factor beyond that is questionable.

The Recognition is the main factor, that is correct. If that does not give a clear "winner" then the next section is used to decide the matter, and so on. So popularity would only come into play if everything else was an exact match.
JE
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On the first turn of an arena the duelmaster is determined by recognition and recognition only. If the two top warriors are tied there will not be a duelmaster until one warrior has more recognition than the others. It will say "position is empty". After that normal rules apply. Either you have to beat the duelmaster or in the event that the current duelmaster doesn't fight (graduation, missing a turn) it goes back to recognition.

JE

Darque wrote:
MasterBeru wrote:
1) Recognition Level

MB

pipthetroll
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:

Kills don't play a factor, but you get more recognition for a kill.
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BINGO! Correct Answer!

JE wrote:
On the first turn of an arena the duelmaster is determined by recognition and recognition only. If the two top warriors are tied there will not be a duelmaster until one warrior has more recognition than the others. It will say "position is empty". After that normal rules apply. Either you have to beat the duelmaster or in the event that the current duelmaster doesn't fight (graduation, missing a turn) it goes back to recognition.

JE

Darque wrote:
MasterBeru wrote:
1) Recognition Level

MB

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:

Yes, I kinda said that in my post.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If an AARDVARK HAMMERZ gladiator is on the throne for Turn 1 then I will be compelled to do something special for the Arena!

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hammer_Minister_of_War wrote:
If an AARDVARK HAMMERZ gladiator is on the throne for Turn 1 then I will be compelled to do something special for the Arena!

Incontinence isn't sexy.
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:

Incontinence isn't sexy.

Were we to compare stable gladiators you would probably conclude your stable has a much better chance of posting a DM on Turn 1 than mine!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:

Incontinence isn't sexy.

Were we to compare stable gladiators you would probably conclude your stable has a much better chance of posting a DM on Turn 1 than mine!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Eh - not entirely sure about that. As I've become older, my interest has shifted from the straight W/L % to 'finding intricacies' and experimenting. This isn't my best-fielded team (by any strech of the imagination) - but we'll see
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum