New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - WoW
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone play World of Warcrack on the Dunemaul server?

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Blackwing Lair - Horde - PvP ownage FTMFW!

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Argent Dawn - Alliance - PVE

The median age of my guild is over 35.

http://www.delefax.com/ARKYN/Delefax_Web_Portal.html
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I play DDO (D&D Online) on the Adar server. Guild is: Coalition of Might Send me a PM in game to Evandis. I am an officer in my guild and can get you up and running. We do dragon around 2 times a week, Titan around once a week and Demon Queen 1x a week as well.

If anyone plays let me know if your interested.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bah! meant that to go into its own post.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ugh, you guys and your Care Bear servers!

Kudos to Tripwire for keeping DDO afloat, I've heard nothing but bad things about DDO. It sounded cool but it was so poorly received I didn't even log into Beta.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

illkidk wrote:
Ugh, you guys and your Care Bear servers!

Kudos to Tripwire for keeping DDO afloat, I've heard nothing but bad things about DDO. It sounded cool but it was so poorly received I didn't even log into Beta.

It has improved 10thousand fold since its start. It is still easy to max out very quickly but what game isn't if you spend a lot of time? There are still vorpals to be found, paralyzers etc..

The best thing about DDO is that they add to the game monthly for free. You get probably 5 to 10 dungeons, 2 to 3 new creatures, new enhancements etc per month. This month (April) they are raising the level cap to 14 and adding in White, Blue, Black dragons, tons of new dungeons and other creatures. The graphics and smooth gameplay (if you have a good comp) is greater than any of the other games bar none that I have seen, including E3 and WOW. It follows pretty much exactly the 3rd Edition D&D rules with the exception of enhancements which is much needed in the game.

The biggest difference with DDO and others is 90% of the dungeons are 6 man team dungeons. There are more and more raids (12 man only) getting into the game now (dragon, titan etc). They added PVP, but only in the inns. Its more like a brawling pit where anything goes. I think they are considering a PVP server soon though.

The thing I like about it is I can max out my character and come in 2 or 3 times a week or so for about an hour each and not be too far behind. I didn't want a game where you fall so far behind others after updates etc that you can't really catch up.

It has its ups and downs but if you are a casual player and enjoy D&D I highly suggest it.

If you want to read up on it first go here: http://www.ddo.com/index.php

Currently the races are: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Warforged, Halfling and Drow, but you have to unlock Drow by gaining favor in game. To gain favor you have to complete dungeons on different levels (solo, normal, hard and elite). The higher you do the dungeon the more house favor you get. One of the big updates coming soon is adding in 1/2 elves and gnomes I belive.

Classes are currently: Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer and Wizard. With Druids and Monks coming soon.

The feats, skills and spells are all directly from D&D, the only thing different is the enhancement system. Which levels the class playing field. It used to be that a multi-class rogue could compete with pure rogues at the highest game content. That isn't the case now, if you go pure you get higher enhancements. Example: at level 14 rogue you get enhancements that can raise your picklock +7 per attempt, where as if you only took 5 levels of rogue you could only get that to +2 etc.

Anyway, enough babbling. I enjoy it and like I said if you want to give it a go come on over to Adar.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Come on Kid K ....WoW? When you get tired of Powning 9 year olds come play DDO w/ the adults. We have real combat not that click and watch kind in WoW. We dont have to Que for 25 - 30 minutes just to log into the game. Come try out a free 7 day trial and I'll load you up w/ the good stuff .... you know you wanna....

On a side note: Whats up buddy? Havent talked w/ you in ages...hope all is well .... hit me up ... kkatzburg@hotmail.com ..... same goes for anyone else interested in DDO.

Take care all.

-Floyd
Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FLOYD1 wrote:
Come on Kid K ....WoW? When you get tired of Powning 9 year olds come play DDO w/ the adults. We have real combat not that click and watch kind in WoW. We dont have to Que for 25 - 30 minutes just to log into the game. Come try out a free 7 day trial and I'll load you up w/ the good stuff .... you know you wanna....

On a side note: Whats up buddy? Havent talked w/ you in ages...hope all is well .... hit me up ... kkatzburg@hotmail.com ..... same goes for anyone else interested in DDO.

Take care all.

-Floyd

Most of our guild is in the 30+ range, as for click and watch, that sucks and you'll never see us do it(besides it's only feasable with warriors). I would be into playing D&D online but not if its all lazers and technology. I play D&D IRL with dice every Saturday with my buddies and we love it but we love it because there is no technology, medieval fantasy all the way man.
I dont know much about DDO but I'd be willing to check it out if it falls into the realm of the afore mentioned.

P.S. The long que's are only for PVP, to me a small part of the game.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The only bit of "Tech" in the game is a race called Warforged ... they are a magically created race of wood metal and other variuos goodies .... the other tech in the game is derived from captured elementals that provide power for various types of things. For the most part its the same ol D&D we all played .... it has elves , etc and all the ol classes you are used to .... the magic system is cool .... cast fireballs , magic missles , web , haste , etc ...... use your +3 frost battle axe and wear your ol +2 platemail ....

Basically dont let the limited amount of tech steer you away.... 99% of the game is everything you remember about D&D ...

Maybe I'm biased but i also find the game population to be older in general ... mostly in the mid to upper 20's as a low .... most people i play w/ are in their 30's. This was a big sticking point w/ me and WoW... i got tired of playing w/ children and people that acted like them.
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FLOYD1 wrote:

Take care all.

-Floyd

lol! I don't discriminate...I pwn 6-60 year olds, I pwn grays-reds, and occasionally I get pwnd.

Warcraft has over 8 million subscribers so you're going to have an abundance of full tilt retards I'm afraid.

Blizz has long since fixed queue time issues so they are nonexistent these days and they still offer the best product currently under the sun.

I may check it out but I've checked it out a few times already and it doesn't move me. Right now I'm busy drooling over my PS3 so DDO is going to be a very hard sell.

I'll drop you a line shortly. Later, bro!

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:
Most of our guild is in the 30+ range, as for click and watch, that sucks and you'll never see us do it(besides it's only feasable with warriors). I would be into playing D&D online but not if its all lazers and technology. I play D&D IRL with dice every Saturday with my buddies and we love it but we love it because there is no technology, medieval fantasy all the way man.
I dont know much about DDO but I'd be willing to check it out if it falls into the realm of the afore mentioned.

P.S. The long que's are only for PVP, to me a small part of the game.

I'm in the same camp as Max here. I play enough pen and paper D&D that the idea of playing the video game is less than inspiring. It's really hard to compete with imagination. On top of that. The campaign I've been in for almost a year now is Ebberon (with many retired DM managers as a matter of fact)...isn't that the setting of DDO?

WoW is wonderful outlet for fantasy gaming that isn't more of the same for me.

"It's never how you LIVE that inspires people to want to be heroes. It's how you DIE." -Oliver Queen
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Angus-

DDO is different from the PnP version. There is an enchancement system that the PnP lacks ... but that being said you may be disappointed as there are no shifters or artificers ( I've never played the PnP Eberron so not sure if the names are correct)

I really enjoy it and its the best MMO I've played to date. ( and that includes WoW)

If you ever want to give it a try please let me know and I'll be more than happy to make sure your expierence is a good one.

-Floyd
Wretch
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a 60 warrior on Kil Jaeden and a 60 priest on Stormscale. As you can see by the levels I stopped playing a while ago. No expansion for me.

blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, good old warcrack. If I ever start playing that you'll never see me again.............................. Laughing

Champions of Rune, Eternal Souls--31
Black Storm--47
Chaos Knights--52
Eye of the Storm--54,104
Eve of Destruction--83
Dark Enclave--81 and more....
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic