New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Daydream Believer
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
If I am reading it correctly and you didn't do any STAT raises (with a 7 WL it is doubtful you did) you would have ended up with:

INI: EXPERT
RIP: MASTERS
ATT: MASTERS
PAR: MASTERS
DEF: EXPERT
DEC: EXPERT (I only come up with 15 here so I imagine you were actually +4 here as well)

That is so very sweet, congrats on such a successful warrior. I hope that Jumpinjack Flash does just as well.

I'm confused. Add 20 skills to each of those skill areas and those are not the ratings I end up with. One of us is mixed up.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, I've tried to make Daydream Believer several times in the Bloodgames and it's come back with nothing but utter failure. My lone PR TC was definitely inspired by Daydream though and has a similar build.

I was excited to see Daydream graduate in the 82 newsletter. I think that if Daydream's record vs. my guys it would have been something like 0-20-0-2, I can't recall even beating him once. (Even with my ABs) The only thing that surprises in what Mannequin posted is that he only does good damage. I would have guessed great.

It will be interesting to see how he does in ADM. I think he's got a career as a perennial ADM or Eligible TV, depending on how many AB's there are by the time he gets up there. (But being a PR, at least he'll force them to use a weapon, where they are beatable)

Definitely one of the all-time greats.
Chief
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

looks kind of what I expected - also eerily similar to another PR that had some basic success (believe he had one TC - rookies?) - warrior was Thundar Rygar - manager was some GAPPDA guy (can't remember who).

17-13-4-17-9-9-15

he may have been a bit luckier from a damage/endurance standpoint (great/normal?) - no idea what his bases looked like.

I just TC'd adepts last fall with a PR - mode att/def but +4 rip - must have gotten lucky and fought all 13 guys he could beat in the tourney (beat the runner up 2x IIRC) Very Happy

Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
gentleben wrote:
If I am reading it correctly and you didn't do any STAT raises (with a 7 WL it is doubtful you did) you would have ended up with:

INI: EXPERT
RIP: MASTERS
ATT: MASTERS
PAR: MASTERS
DEF: EXPERT
DEC: EXPERT (I only come up with 15 here so I imagine you were actually +4 here as well)

That is so very sweet, congrats on such a successful warrior. I hope that Jumpinjack Flash does just as well.

I'm confused. Add 20 skills to each of those skill areas and those are not the ratings I end up with. One of us is mixed up.

I based my conclusion off of putting DB numbers into terrablood and adding the skills (I am assuming) he said she learned and they were:

I -- 8 (+1)
R -- 13
A -- 14 (+4)
P -- 14 (+4)
Df - 8
Dc - 6 (+3)

You have been doing this alot longer than I have, but I was assuming that the numbers above were the numbers of skills in each area that she learned. I could be wrong Confused

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I based my conclusion off of putting DB numbers into terrablood and adding the skills (I am assuming) he said she learned and they were

The numbers posted were the skill bases. Without bonuses, it would have been 7 Ini, 13 Rip, 10 Att, 10 Par, 8 Def, and 3 Dec. With the bonuses in the parenthesis, you will arrive at the base skills shown.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Quote:
I based my conclusion off of putting DB numbers into terrablood and adding the skills (I am assuming) he said she learned and they were

The numbers posted were the skill bases. Without bonuses, it would have been 7 Ini, 13 Rip, 10 Att, 10 Par, 8 Def, and 3 Dec. With the bonuses in the parenthesis, you will arrive at the base skills shown.

When I input him into terrablood I get
Ini: 8
Rip: 13
Att: 10
Par: 10
Def: 8
Dec: 6

The only diferences were in Ini and Dec,
I am still learning the lingo you people who have been doing this awhile are using. I learn.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

I am still learning the lingo you people who have been doing this awhile are using. I learn.

Hrm, I had always thought the Bagman II chart was more accurate for character creation, but inputting it your way with the Terrablood chart shows him to be mode in Ini and Dec, +4 in Att and +4 in Par. That seems more likely than being +1 Ini and +3 Dec.
BillTheBard
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That warrior didn't get an invite until around 100 FE!?!?! Did you have to fight those five rounds in the regular arena before getting the invite? I mean all in a row at the end.

And on a related note... Didn't you want to fight that guy every turn just to see him fight?

That's pretty incredible! What a pleasure it must have been when you did have fights to read.

Thanks for posting that. I'm going to have to go back through your old posts and troll for tips on running PRs!

Bill the Bard
The Red Blades - 81
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Quote:

Hrm, I had always thought the Bagman II chart was more accurate for character creation, but inputting it your way with the Terrablood chart shows him to be mode in Ini and Dec, +4 in Att and +4 in Par. That seems more likely than being +1 Ini and +3 Dec.

You mean I wasn't totally wrong, I have to mark this day on my calendar so as not to forget it, maybe even make an aniversary out of it, hmmm....

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i wonder if you'd let us know if perhaps you discovered that you were in fact running a favorite rhythm or were you surprised? i'm sure his favorite weapon became known before too long, but since you never changed up his strat i am curious if you were fortunate enough to land a favorite strategy right off the bat? i hope there's nothing opsec about that question...

Smile

-mike
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've always found the Terrablood chart to be more accurate than the Bagman II chart for both design and stat raises, personally.

As to the skills, Ben, as they said, he listed DDB's starting skills, the bases, as it were. You can pretty much assume he learned 20 each in attack, parry, and riposte, and 17 to 20 defense, and has raised stats (as much as a 7 will warrior who only fights in tourneys can) ever since. So at the very least, he has advanced masters in both attack and parry, and probably riposte.

As to graduation, 100 FE is automatic graduation for a live warrior no matter what. Manager has said he's had dead warriors graduate to ADM, too, so it might even apply to them.

GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For those of us who have been beaten senselessly and killed many times by DDB all I can say is Whoopeee Smile He was truly a great warrior at all levels. I look forward to Spaz getting a shot at him in AD Smile Those two just missed each other in challengers and I always wondered how those fights would go. Congrats on the invite.
TGG
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats on your success with him. Remember also, that you are in a very elite company, winning TC's in 3 different classes. I've been way out of it, but when I was tracking it, I believe there were only 2 others to have done this.

HI ALL, just stopped by to look around and see what I've been missing. And sadly, it looks like the arena game is even deader than when I left it Sad
Kellumbo
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Assurnasirbanipal wrote:
Congrats on your success with him. Remember also, that you are in a very elite company, winning TC's in 3 different classes. I've been way out of it, but when I was tracking it, I believe there were only 2 others to have done this.

HI ALL, just stopped by to look around and see what I've been missing. And sadly, it looks like the arena game is even deader than when I left it Sad

Pshaw, toss a few downchallenges into arena 81, and I can guarentee it won't be dead for you.

-DK
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Assur!
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic