New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Daydream Believer
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wretch
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Visionst01 wrote:
Wretch wrote:
Well I have to thank Mannequin for sharing DDB and his PR knowledge. Now that everyone has seen a great PR who will be making the next one? I would like to strive for that but greatness seems beyond me at the moment so I will have to settle for good right now.

I have been making them similar to DDB for 15 years, but you don't need a great one to do well in a rookies mail-in, just a little luck in your matchups. Trust me my recent rookie runner-up PR was not great by any means.

I would suggest making a few in your regular arena first and experiment with strategies before trying the Rookies class. Hell I have been running them all these years and I am still trying new strategies from time to time.

Ohh and don't bother trying an average PR one at a FtF, only the great ones can compete at a FtF.

I have several in arenas right now. I gave one a try this last tourney but it was killed first round. I have a new one in the works just waiting to see how it rolled up.

Its not that I dont think other people have made good PRs I was just thanking Mannequin for sharing what he learned so the rest of us have something to follow or at least compare to. That is if we wish to take up the troublesome style of the PR.
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Agreed with you Consortium, truly Mannequin is one of the nicest, good spirited people we have ever met (in person) let alone this game. RTR you know pretty well what we will say before we say it.

Go crawl back under that rock of yours, and stop wasting our time with your useless garbage. We don't care, we don't want to hear from you. Blah blah blah yeah yeah, enough. COL I hope this is enough to sort out who this poor-spirited ill human is.
bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Great Mage, as I have told you before, be kind and respectful and you will always get knifed in the back!
His PR, very good warrior, OK? Liar and a coward for a manager.
"AWing Mannequin every time he shows up."

calling someone out as a liar and a coward should result in a ban. perhaps you've let your gaming persona trump your common sense and it appears this isn't the first time. "raoul the rude"? for real? Rolling Eyes

Slugbait
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I"m in a bit of a strange position. I'm very pro-Mannequin who is one of the standup guys in the game. But, I'm also pro-COL who has single handedly keep DM #31 interesting for decades.

Why doesn't everyone go to DM#31 and beat the snot out of each other in the arena and personals. I should be returning to DM#31 soon so that both parties can beat the snot out of me. With a little luck we can get Snotman to return to game and get him to jump into the snotting. Wink
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bubbaganoosh wrote:
snip

in closing, i concur wholeheartedly that DDB is amazing, no doubt. and of course mannequins ability as a manager was a big part of that. but i think the LUCK factor has been understated to a degree.

-mike

After a certain amount of fights and chances, luck runs dry. Just look at the odds. Saying that a lot of luck was needed diminishes the ability of the warrior. That 'squirrel' found the 'nut' quite a lot.

In the end we have differing opinions. Personally I feel calling the warrior lucky is an insult to the player and warrior. But those are my feelings.

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
Bierhoff
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Slugbait wrote:
I"m in a bit of a strange position. I'm very pro-Mannequin who is one of the standup guys in the game. But, I'm also pro-COL who has single handedly keep DM #31 interesting for decades.

Why doesn't everyone go to DM#31 and beat the snot out of each other in the arena and personals. I should be returning to DM#31 soon so that both parties can beat the snot out of me. With a little luck we can get Snotman to return to game and get him to jump into the snotting. Wink

You think your in a bit of a strange position? I don't know either side from a hole in the wall yet from just reading this post and one other I can tell you who I'm more incline to believe. Heck I even defended a person I know nothing about just because RTR attacks seemed unwarranted.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
RTR wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

That freaking Mannequin can freaking manage!

Understatement that!
Steps on the stage as truly one of "the Greats."

MOST impressed!

Great Mage, as I have told you before, be kind and respectful and you will always get knifed in the back!
His PR, very good warrior, OK? Liar and a coward for a manager.

"AWing Mannequin every time he shows up."

Well, RTR, this is pretty disgusting of you.
Mannequin is one of the finest, most respected, and most liked managers.
We all do not deserve to hear your ranting everywhere.

#*$#@*!! pledge...

Thanks for saying (more politely) what I can't.

THIS, folks, is why I gave COL grief.

Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Same Ichabod, same
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chief wrote:
looks kind of what I expected - also eerily similar to another PR that had some basic success (believe he had one TC - rookies?) - warrior was Thundar Rygar - manager was some GAPPDA guy (can't remember who).

I think his names Mitch, went under the moniker of Sensei. I also think he TC'd with him at the Chicago FtF at the Allerton, I might be wrong though.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

I think his names Mitch, went under the moniker of Sensei. I also think he TC'd with him at the Chicago FtF at the Allerton, I might be wrong though.

I think Thunder Rygar was a 2-time TC, Novices for sure and maybe Eligibles? He might have TC'd more times, but this was the age of need to go 10-0 to make to the runoffs and he had a lot of 9-1's.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wasn't Manray's PR Double Blind Bat designed almost exactly the same as DDB? I know he posted it in 18 and when I saw DDB's numbers I thought they were exact but I could be wrong. Now if only I could find that NL Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Wasn't Manray's PR Double Blind Bat designed almost exactly the same as DDB? I know he posted it in 18 and when I saw DDB's numbers I thought they were exact but I could be wrong. Now if only I could find that NL Laughing

They weren't the same design. I think Manray's PR was a 21 WT, low WL, and I think it had lower DF, too.

He was a good warrior that gave more than he got in both the arena and the tourneys.

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

They weren't the same design. I think Manray's PR was a 21 WT, low WL, and I think it had lower DF, too.

He was a good warrior that gave more than he got in both the arena and the tourneys.

That is probably correct,the 17 ST 14 CN might've thrown me as I think DBB also had these stats, as I think he may even have been a SZ 7. He was definately a beast as he graduated around 3-4 losses during a BR when all the big boys were there (Steele,Tum,TMM,BWD,etc.).

Although your post about his early record versus aimers goes to my post in another thread that PRs can take out aimers in rooks if they're well designed and bonused in PAR.

Anyways I don't know how faves compare but I'd have loved to see DBB face DDB pre-ADM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic