New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22261

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Bigger Achievement?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kellumbo
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just curious what people think is the bigger Duel2 achievent.

Graduating an undefeated warrior, or maxxing your first warrior out?

I recently had my first undefeated grad: Serephim in arena 22 went 19-0-1, with pretty much only fighting tournies along the way. It would have been even better to graduate at 20-0, but what can you do?

I have two of my Primus guys both about 5 stat trains away from maxxing. I started both on my original team back about 20 years ago in High School (or was it Jr. High School???).

While both are cool, I don't think either is going to compare with getting that first TC, taking the throne in a basic arena for the first time, or taking the Primus throne for the first time.

Any other *big* Duel2 achievements I am forgetting about?

-Kellumbo
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kellumbo wrote:

Any other *big* Duel2 achievements I am forgetting about?

-Kellumbo

Your first Blademaster rating.

I have tons of guys who CAN get one but only one guy who HAS one. It's an achievement similar to maxing a warrior due to the time & commitment to actually do it.

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Graduating an undefeated warrior. I have dozens of maxed warriors and a lot of TCs, but I can only count the number of times I've graduated an undefeated warrior on one hand. (And it would be zero for a non-sandbagger for me)
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very good question, but graduating a tourny bumped warrior undefeated is not that big of an achievement I don't think. It would depend on arena, and an arena like 82 that would be very impressive.

I think who ever grads the first undefeated in 81, which is not likely, that would be extremely impressive. Anyone who can do that will have my admiration.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would say maxxing your first warrior.

unless

The undefeated warrior has minimal tourney fights. (Not fight in an one class more than once)

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For my personal experience it's your first TC at a face-to-face when they're reading the fight out loud in front of everyone in attendance. There's nothing quite like sharing that experience in front of your fellow managers.
Your very first Duelmaster (and your first warrior promoted to ADM and then Primus) is a very big deal as well... something you'll never forget.

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
For my personal experience it's your first TC at a face-to-face when they're reading the fight out loud in front of everyone in attendance. There's nothing quite like sharing that experience in front of your fellow managers.

Yes, that's definitely a big one. That's one of my top DM moments, as well as my first Primus TC. (which was also at a FtF against one of the then-heavy favorites too)
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Yes, that's definitely a big one. That's one of my top DM moments, as well as my first Primus TC. (which was also at a FtF against one of the then-heavy favorites too)

Tend to agree. That first TC is a magic moment. BUT, graduating a non-sandbagging warrior undefeated is the ultimate in our book.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimm wrote:
Very good question, but graduating a tourny bumped warrior undefeated is not that big of an achievement I don't think. It would depend on arena, and an arena like 82 that would be very impressive.

I think who ever grads the first undefeated in 81, which is not likely, that would be extremely impressive. Anyone who can do that will have my admiration.

Agree with this statement 100%. As for my first real accomplishment was graduating an Aimed Blow to Ad out of Lapur. Another will be when I get one of every style to AD. winning a fight in Primus and going undefeated a turn in primus where pretty kool also.

What impress me of someone else s accomplishment would be getting one of each style to Ad and the top for me is someone who has gotten one from each style from one team to ad. Very freakin impressive.

Sincerely Purple Sage
P.s. I would bet less than a handful of managers have done it.
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Definitely pretty awesome my one and only TC FTF XVII Kansas City, Missouri. Quarter Horse was the TC in Apprentice.

sincerely Purple Sage
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PurpleSage wrote:
What impress me of someone else s accomplishment would be getting one of each style to Ad and the top for me is someone who has gotten one from each style from one team to ad. Very freakin impressive.

Sincerely Purple Sage

I have gotten every style to AD. I have not even come close to doing it with the same team though. Hopefully I will get that in DM 81 eventually. I run a pretty diverse squad normally.

I am close to having a TV with all of the styles which is a pretty cool accomplishment. All I need is a WS and PR to TV with all the styles. Have gotten 7-3 with both.
Chief
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PurpleSage wrote:
Sincerely Purple Sage

All 10 from the same team? yep - gotta ba a short list.

hmmmm.... I've accomplished many of my goals in the game....

I've graduated all 10 styles (not from the same team), TVd with all 10 styles, TC'd with 5 styles (LU, AB, ST, PR, WS), won a TC at a face, TC'd 8 of the current 11 tournies (missing Primus, Inits and Apps as far as I know - memory gets a little hazy) and 6 of my active 9 primus warriors have blademasters in attack (a 7th can get the rating when he maxes out). Oh, and I finally got a bloodgamer out.

I guess the thing I'd like to do next would be TC the missing 3 tournies I don't have - I think TC'ing every active tourney class would be cool. Primus may be a tall order right now - maybe I could sneak one in a mail in..... Then TC with the missing 5 styles.

Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
graduating a non-sandbagging warrior undefeated is the ultimate in our book.

I'd have to go with this, but only if it's accomplished without facing NPCs along the way. For example, my 13-0 guy in 20 has been facing off against NPCs most of his career, so it doesn't feel as legit as match ups against other managers. Coincidentally, his teammate who just graduated with a 16-1 record had his only loss against a NPC, but my point still stands.

Top DM moments for me:
- TVing
- Winning in the DA
- 5-0 Turn
- Getting my turns in on time
- Defeating Mannequin or Managerr's guys either in an arena or a tourney
- Upchallenging way beyond your FE and winning
- Holding the DM throne for more than one turn
- Being name checked in one of Managerr's tourney predicts columns (will probably never happen until I put more emphasis on tourneys though)

ST
dartor
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Getting all styles to advanced from one team will be one of my great achievements. I just need p-lunge to finish that in arena 11. Have to get back there soon.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dartor wrote:
Getting all styles to advanced from one team will be one of my great achievements. I just need p-lunge to finish that in arena 11. Have to get back there soon.

It is time, indeed!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic