New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Regional ADM Tourney Rules/FAQ
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Aragorn
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
She's given me a new date of October 15th.

Ouch, this probably doesn't bode well for the possibility of another one next year...

Maybe, after the tournament is a more realistic date, but there is always another tournament on the way...

Maybe, if we paid for these contests there would be more motivation for the results to go out on time and to have them every year? Of course, there is a little more activity in the AD arenas because of these contests which brings in more money...

What about the first round match ups? That would be good info to extract.

However, I'd rather get the Mail-In announcements and results on time than these results, if I had a choice...
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Maybe, if we paid for these contests there would be more motivation for the results to go out on time and to have them every year? Of course, there is a little more activity in the AD arenas because of these contests which brings in more money...

Would people be willing to pay a small amount? Not sure we would get the same participation if we did....There would presumably be a prize if they did, but then people who had little chance of winning might not be willing to chip in. Maybe if the prize went to everyone on the winning team...
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If we hypothetically paid for this, then wouldn't we also have to address the learns received during the fights? It's my understanding that any skill learns or stat trains received during this tournament will never actually be applied to the warrior.

I actually would pay for this though... but the amount would depend on if the fights were treated as tourney fights or arena fights for FE purposes which directly affects learn rate and chance of stat train. Assuming these fights are treated like a tourney fight with each being 0.5 FE, i'd assume a fee of $2.00 or so would be appropriate considering the single elimination nature of the current setup. Half of the warriors participating would only receive 1 fight, and one quarter of the warriors would only receive 2 fights.

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If we hypothetically paid for this, then wouldn't we also have to address the learns received during the fights? It's my understanding that any skill learns or stat trains received during this tournament will never actually be applied to the warrior.

Correct, that's something else to consider. The reason for this is that the added FE could provide a tourney advantage, mainly for warriors who are busting for tourneys post-split. The date would probably have to be changed to be before the next freeze date.

Quote:

I actually would pay for this though... but the amount would depend on if the fights were treated as tourney fights or arena fights for FE purposes which directly affects learn rate and chance of stat train. Assuming these fights are treated like a tourney fight with each being 0.5 FE, i'd assume a fee of $2.00 or so would be appropriate considering the single elimination nature of the current setup. Half of the warriors participating would only receive 1 fight, and one quarter of the warriors would only receive 2 fights.

Yeah, it would probably be around that level....
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am looking forwad to this tournament, whenever the results come out. I didn't expect to be involved and am pleased to be a part of it.

That said, I don't think I would want to pay for this tourney. I have two warriors entered - one might win a round or two if he gets very lucky. He is good, but significantly underskilled for the competition, so unless he matches up with other lower skilled entries his chances are limited. But he could win once or twice. The other would need a minor miracle to win a fight. I think it is great to be involved (and in general to involve as many of the non-mega managers as possible) but why pay for a quick one or two and out?

$7 per entry? No go.
$2 per entry with skill learns kept? Maybe. Suddenly the cost per learn is at least reasonable.

I don't think this is an issue, but would this be another advantage to big time managers who have a bunch of warriors (ok, 2) who could get these extra trains in?

Honestly, I think no cost and no learns is probably the best bet. They just might need to plan ahead a bit more to make sure that it is as far from a tournament as possible. But your never more than 3 months from one of those.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Update: It's not done running yet and Lee is now swamped (apparently Sandy is gone now) with work. (And now the pre-tourney stuff needs to happen as well)

She's given me a new date of October 15th.

As a side note, mini-overviews were supposed to go out this weekend, but didn't. She hopes they'll be done soon.

TODAY IS THE DAY - OCT 15!

Looking forward to finally seeing how this turned out. Good luck to all.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I plan to follow up with RSI for an update this afternoon. Will let you know any info.

(The wait hasn't been that long at least compared to the old days....)
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Zalgor is going to RSI HQ in person today, so hopefully he'll have an update.
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

Will he be going in using the Bash tactic hoping they're defensive using Responsiveness?

That might not be a good matchup for him.... I'd put RSI in the avoid section if I were him instead of the challenge.

Very Happy

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

Did Zalgor score? Or did he abdicate? Any news on the new Oct 15 date?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I called RSI last night. It has started running and is not quite done yet, but Lee hopes to have completed very soon. For some reason, it's hard to extrapolate information until it's complete.
Wretch
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any chance of a weekend update? It must be finished by now no? Confused
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As the days stretch and stretch, one has to wonder ............. Crying or Very sad

Which will occur first - the tournament results arrival in homes or indications of how the ADM UltaWars went. Hmmmmmmm. Rolling Eyes

roadkill
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And once again my interest in fighting in AD is gone. I expected my 2 fighters to bow out after the first turn, but it was all about seeing how each arena fared against on another. I was there for the first tourney and it was a blast seeing the result.... that was what brought me back to fighting a few sentimental warriors, but alas the concept has been shoved to the back burner.

It's too bad, this is just one of the little things that would keep the micro-managers playing more. I guess I'll just stick to basic playing and giving easy wins with those I send to tourneys.

Sorry for the rant! Between this being ignored, not receiving any mini's, and my e-mails being kicked back, it irritates me a little.

Did I mention I'm having a really bad day as well

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't want go get anyone's hopes up (and at this point I'm not expecting it), but I just got off the phone with Lee. It's done running, just not in a presentable form. I was told that there would be something by Friday.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic