New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22124

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Sunset - 635
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Race for the throne again as the current DM is leaving for the Isle. It has really been tense up at the top the last couple of turns.

I have a question...should I keep the King if he survives the DA again or should I just keep sending him till he dies? All the offensives have his number and the scum are avoiding him...

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I have a question...should I keep the King if he survives the DA again or should I just keep sending him till he dies? All the offensives have his number and the scum are avoiding him...

When one of my guys beats the Dark Arena, I usually give him a pass.

Thus the continued existence of Ironsides.
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

1. Are you having fun with him? Do you look forward to reading his fights? Is he worth spending $1.50 a turn on? How important is win/loss to you?

I often enjoy reading losses more than wins. My planned strategy to beat Fly Fisher was:
8-4-4 Open ASM/N WF/SM - I figured (correctly) we were equal in decise. I've seen enough coin flip decise battles that why not try something different. I had enough skills to take a chance on a unique strategy which relied on my defense/parry/riposte.

2. You could make the DA a bit of a game in itself. You will lose, eventually, but I used to keep all my DA fights, because many of them are amusing. Ideas:
- Every time King T loses in the arena, he has to fight a fight in the DA (harsh, but hilarious)
- Every time King T goes below .500 (or whatever target you set), he fights a fight in the DA
- After 3 wins (or whatever number you set) in the DA, King T gets to live.
- Whenever King T is ranked as a champ, he fights in the DA

3. If the issue is winning, here are some additional tips - not related to the strategy recommendations I sent earlier:
- Don't fight him every turn. Nothing frustrates challenges more than irregular fighters. I won't use my first challenge on such warriors. And make sure his schedule is not regular. Use some type of random schedule.
- Be a bit fair on expectations. If he wins, he'll be 4 fights over .500. Clearly, King T is not your typical 17 wit/will graduate 17-12 warrior. Also realize that wins are a bit cyclical in basic. Some warriors have a tough time overcoming certain classes or parts of their careers. As the current Challenger Champs leave, younger warriors will come up, some of which will be prime targets for beatings by King T.
- If the arena makeup is not favorable for King T, you could sit him for a bit, waiting for a more favorable time. I activated Volleyball because the arena makeup is very favorable for him right now (and my intention for a long time was to graduate him)
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried to do a Poll on who do we think will be the next DM but the site would display anything and I kept getting the OOPs page or website can not display page. So I will just post my choice here.

I think Silver Smurfer will be the next DM.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
BillTheBard
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I think Silver Smurfer will be the next DM.

Unless one of Stik's guys can take him out, I believe Granddaddy Smurf takes the throne. Battlecry gets all the challenges from the warriors hoping that Volleyball takes out GS as well as challenges from your guys.

It has been pretty interesting up there since all the really experienced warriors died or graduated.

Team Blackstaff 47
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's gonna be another melee at the top, that's for sure. And, all the experienced guys graduated? Wallace has a lot of experience...and he's nowhere NEAR graduation (for better or worse) I'll tell you that! Twisted Evil Laughing

Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll also predict Grandaddy Smurf as the next DM, but it certainly is not clear; there are avoids and challenges all over the place.

And if Dark at Heart was paying attention, Famine knows more than enough to realize VB might be vulnerable to a challenge, though with my fave, it becomes tougher.

Should be a fun few months up at the top in Sunset with so many warriors.
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BillTheBard wrote:
Battlecry gets all the challenges from the warriors hoping that Volleyball takes out GS as well as challenges from your guys.

Why does nobody love Battlecry?! He's nice! And, if he lives, his skill level is beginning to reach a level where he could actually be dangerous. Well, dangerous to someone other than Wallace or himself.

I'd like to see a winning turn from the Tribe. And Bul has to win again sometime.

Ben - if I can keep Bul alive, you can keep the King! Honestly, though, I'd keep him. But I'm not the one that has to pay the bills. I kinda like bricks. They can be fun in their own unique way. And he is over .500. But if you don't like him . . .

Dragonbane Guild(81)
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Assurnasirbanipal wrote:
I'll also predict Grandaddy Smurf as the next DM, but it certainly is not clear; there are avoids and challenges all over the place.

And if Dark at Heart was paying attention, Famine knows more than enough to realize VB might be vulnerable to a challenge, though with my fave, it becomes tougher.

Should be a fun few months up at the top in Sunset with so many warriors.

Out of curiosity before the turns arrive who did Volleyball challenge?

I was assuming that Volleyball would challenge Grandaddy Smurf and get his challenge even though Grandaddy was avoiding (actually both the Smurfs avoided you), anyway, I assume volleyball gets thru and beats Grandaddy to the jump and fight over. Silver Smurfer gets his Double challenge thru to Battlecry and wins and gets the throne.

I actually think that whomever wins the fight involving Battlecry wins the throne. Just my prediction.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

S
p
o
i
l
e
r

S
p
a
c
e

After talking with Nomad, Volleyball challenged Battlecry running on my faves. I did not avoid anyone. If that challenge goes through, I believe Volleyball will lose, but I'm not positive. I didn't feel right (this time) throwing the fight outright, but Battlecry has had some real bad luck recently, so I'm using a strategy that is not ideal and gives him a good chance to win.

Otherwise, I'm running 10-10-5 Open MS.
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:

I actually think that whomever wins the fight involving Battlecry wins the throne. Just my prediction.

You know, that could actually BE BATTLECRY! He might win.

I wish I were as confident in his winning as Assur seems to be sure VB will lost the matchup. Still, we'll see.

And Ben, if the DMs challenge doesn't go through, your double challenge might work, but I think I had Battlecry avoiding the smurfs.
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

congrats to the new DM! And finally a winning turn again for me...

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bummer for Battlecry, even if it wasn't a surprise.

Still, a 4-1 turn with this crew is pretty good.

And, as a manager that still thinks in terms of "teams" - getting to 300 wins is pretty nice as well. I would not have expected that when I first returned to the game.
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was gonna post a pre-emptive personal ad strike and congratulate you this turn, but then that would've jinxed it and you woulda gone 1-4 for sure. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Congrats, my friend! Welcome to the 300+ Sunset wins club! And with a 60% win rate at that! Well played!!

Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Bummer for Battlecry, even if it wasn't a surprise.

Especially not a surprise since RSI didn't enter my challenge strategy Sad

Sorry Nomad, I tried. However, if you get within 3 PP's of graduation and Battlecry dies, you have a legitimate case for an input error resurrection.

Not that I needed it, but the fight provided additional confirmation in the utter uselessness of the MS as a weapon.

And I was looking forward to seeing the fight, too Sad
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic