New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1580

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Home Arenas?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Dark One, in another thread, said:
Quote:
I think most managers (not all, but most) have at least one or two home arenas where they play, and then they do their tournament gaming in addition to the arenas, not instead of them.

I'm curious how many people have an arena they call home and try to (or do) keep that arena open.

I just closed what I considered my home ( DM 18 ). For the first time in my DM career, I don't have a team active in 18. I don't anticipate opening it up again as an arena team, either.

Right now, I'm pursuing some very specific goals, after which, my play will stabilize and probably look thus:
- Open arena teams in DM 81 & 83. This is the game I love and know that these arenas have everything I really want.
- My DM 18 teams will both become tourney teams. This allows me to continue the tradition of DM 18 in a small way and continue to dabble in the tourney game.
- I may or may not open my ADM stables. I have not decided whether I want to play in ADM long term or not.
Bartender
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Assurnasirbanipal wrote:
I'm curious how many people have an arena they call home and try to (or do) keep that arena open.

I consider Murska (35) my home arena and play there along with 81 and ADM. Have tourney teams in Rocanis and 85.

theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Assur,

Gotta bring back the Frog Princes... One of my favorite all time teams.

My home arena ever since 1988 has been:

DM 32 - Arvat
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Home arena is Kati-Tei (41) which I have always and will always continue to have a consistent presence.

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
Action
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For me after a long absence I did want to return to Jhans. I have. No matter how many are there it still pleases me to have a team active in Jhans.
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

theDarkOne wrote:
Assur,

Gotta bring back the Frog Princes... One of my favorite all time teams.

My home arena ever since 1988 has been:

DM 32 - Arvat

Long story, but Frog Princes was deleted long, long ago, forcing me to open Shepherds.
theDarkOne
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So when you open up your new home arena - Frog Princes can be reborn!
The_Walkin_Dude
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DM 25-Lyratilan....my original and still favorite arena.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have sentimental attachments to 29, 40, 45, and 60, but home is where the heart is, and right now DM 84 has it.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Home for me is Tobir, arena 14! The deadliest Andorian arena!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My first arena was 10, since I opened the arena in '87. It was home. It still feels like going back to the house I grew up in. (Junior High in '87)

Then it was passed by 7 when I started the Sentinels. My first truly successful team. It is still an arena I would have a hard time not calling home.

But since my return in '06 it has become very clear that there is only one arena I can call home: The Jewel of the Delarquan Federation, Sunset, #21. As long as I am active the Tribe will be there. If a nomad can be said to have a home base, this is it. No question.

81 is a great arena and is now #2 on my list and it would be hard to imagine leaving. But for home, I head off into the Sunset.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
roadkill
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My home arena is Lapur (29). We're a little down in numbers (15 teams), compared to the last few years (20+), but I know of a couple teams that should be returning sometime soon.

Through the hard work of many managers in the arena, we've been able to track down a few retired managers and try and convince them to get the addiction back. Just about every manager contributes with a few personal ads, and a spotlight here and there which fills up the newsletter and contributes to that "old school" feeling even though some warriors fight in tourneys.

Probably the biggest reason we usually do well is the quality of managers. We can bicker back and forth and no one takes it personally. I actually get a kick out of reading a spotlight where one of my fighters gets ragged on, and some of these guys are REALLY good at it, it's all in fun. Plus, you'd be surprised on how managers volunteer to help out someone that looks to be struggling.

Note to Manager......you really should start back up in Lapur......come on, you're the only manager in the history of 29 that has an award named after one of your fighters....don't you think it's only just that you have a say in who wins the annual award?
Leprechaun
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I started in 18. Since I have just come back I am continuing in 18 but started a new one in 21 this turn. (tool shed) and soon i want one in 81.. But I will always try to stay in 18
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting question. I guess I either don't have a home, or have multiple homes. I started out in Niytyole Island (33), so that has a home-like feel to me. I enjoyed my biggest early successes in Bonsur (7), which is where the Frothingslosh clan once ruled, so that's also a home arena. The team I've run the most by far is the one in Kaltos (5). That team probably has more fights than the rest of them put together. I'd have to say that one feels the most like "home" although it's an empty nest these days. Of course, since I've started in Shadowspire (81) I haven't missed a single turn or even a fight, so I guess that makes it my retirement community Laughing

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Although I've played in both Zensu and Sunset in the past, I'd have to say my home arena is definitely Shadowspire. I love that arena and can honestly say that if it didn't exist, I likely wouldn't even be involved in the game any longer. Hopefully 81 stays healthy for a long, long time. If it ever withered and dried up, I'd probably quit with a heavy heart.

I'd like to shake the hand of whoever is responsible for Shadowspire. Brilliant idea. Wasn't that Deke or some name close to that or was somebody else responsible? Either way, I wish there were 10 Shadowspire's, because i'd likely have to try and play in all of them!

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic