New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1580

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - F2F
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lugal_gg
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I´m suprised there is no info from the players who attended. If you know what happened I would be curious to find out who won and who died.

Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are things floating around on the RT right now, so it is just a matter of time. I will say this though. I am very dissapointed in the fact that RSI stated they would be updating the tourney round by round, and yet only rounds 8 and up have been updated. If you can´t fulfil your promise, then don´t make one to start out with, all it does is piss people off.

3) The usually pointed end of an object; the tip
Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe they said they would "try" to get the newsletters up. You should consider yourself lucky they did the later rds, considering they don´t have to do ANY on-line updates.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your right, of course, Ultra and it was a useful look at the biggest factors (I didn´t make it to the end but I also didn´t get anybody killed). But it DID turn out to be a disappointment and we´d have been thrilled to get what we did if they hadn´t set it up in advance and raised the anticipation of getting more.

I suppose doing the html they could in advance was the only hope that we´d get everything so there´s nothing to be done, but it´s all perception. If you expect nothing and get the late rounds you´re pleased. If you expect it all and get only the late rounds you´re let down.

Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, maybe I missunderstood it. I was under the impression, as were several others that they would be posting it. Oh well, no matter.

3) The usually pointed end of an object; the tip
thetorch
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, here is some LAME feedback.

I proxied 2 warriors

warrior 1 was 1-3, but the one win was against the tournament runner up
warrior 2 was 4-3, and I was very pleased that he went 7 rounds. Neither one of these guys are tournament calibre.

I sent them primerily for experimentation. I can´t wait to get the results of my basher fighting with a large shield!!!
gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the large shield is a bashing weapon. If you hit a defensive you probably got tired very early from the extra weight though. Since your basher wasn´t getting any jumps it didn´t hurt you there (probably). Did you have the DF for weapon and shield? I´d be interested to hear how it went, as well.

Just goes to show, how luck enters into tourneys (even faces). First, without many managers there, some warriors got wins they´d never get if there opponent was actively picking strategy against them. Secondly, that no matter how good (or even bad) a warrior is someone has a design that wins nine out of ten against it. If you get a few of them, you´re out. If the guy that can beat you runs into what he can´t handle, you get much farther than otherwise.

thetorch
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shoot, I don´t even have the deftness for the shield!!!! I used the shield vs. 0-4 weight class (which I am guessing by the styles I matched up against was probably every one of the 4 fights) I will know for sure when it hits my mailbox Thursday or Friday, and I can give you some feedback.

What I am looking for is some amount of defense in minute one because my girl doesn´t start thumping until minute 2 or 3!......but I did beat ON THE WASHER in a close one!!!! That alone has me grinning ear to ear! My warrior only has about 30 skills.
-The Torch
thetorch
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The verdict on the shield versus the quick and skilled "JUST SAY NO!!!"

In 4 fights, I did not deliver a single blow. The fight that I won was due to the other player´s exhaustion! However, I did learn a lot about the warriors who don´t rely on endurance. I will be able to beat them in the future.

The Torch
gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would love to get so good and connected to the tourney system that I could regularly win of course. For now, I only want to see enough improvement in warriors that there´s a jump in who they can reasonably fight after each tourney and vicariously through my fights pick the brains of extra managers. It sounds like you had a successful tourney by the standards I´m keeping for now.

Anytime you walk away feeling like there´s a whole class of warriors you know how to handle you´re a step closer to the top ranks.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic