New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1580

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 104
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

1-4-0 for me, so I'm taking Aragorn's approach and telling myself that was 2010!

I got a few challenges thrown at me as expected, which are always repaid, so I'm looking forward to 2011.

In 2010, I tried to get in touch with my Free Blade roots and exercised a laissez-faire approach to the game. 2011 will be the year of the Delarq just to spice things up a bit.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well... 0-5-5 with 4 DA's and a death during bloodfued caps my official "worst first few turns in a new arena".

the last remaining killed this turn was Grape Jelly 9-5-12-17-21-9-11 STRIKER. Evil or Very Mad

since i will have 5 new replacement roll ups, if they aren't stellar i will transfer the team out and drop a new one in. 6 in one really. but why spend $10.75 to DA 5 guys over and over when i can just drop a new team in?

eh- either way... this run of bad luck will end soon hopefully.

Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bubbaganoosh wrote:
well... 0-5-5 with 4 DA's and a death during bloodfued caps my official "worst first few turns in a new arena".

the last remaining killed this turn was Grape Jelly 9-5-12-17-21-9-11 STRIKER. Evil or Very Mad

since i will have 5 new replacement roll ups, if they aren't stellar i will transfer the team out and drop a new one in. 6 in one really. but why spend $10.75 to DA 5 guys over and over when i can just drop a new team in?

That was a pretty nice ST! Now I feel even a little bit worse about killing him. I hope your new RU's or team sheet are good one's to help cancel out some of the really bad luck you've had to deal with lately. Good luck.

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bubbaganoosh wrote:

Ouch! Maybe 23 isn't your lucky number, good luck with the replacements or replacement team...I guess it is a replacement team no matter how you look at it Confused

2-3 not too bad, kind of what I expected, kind of nice to beat a Worfmaster with the new team.

Guess it is time to start talking about the Elephant in the arena again, welcome back you big lug!!!

Welcome back to the Paper Tigers as well!!!

Deepthought congrats on the throne and you didn't even have to back into it. Is this your first DM in Shadowspire?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

3-2 for the Guild. Not great, but not bad.

Big drop in the rankings for Cyril, but that was not unexpected.

Missed the BF on Darque. Didn't even get the matchup. I assume you were avoiding? Or did I just forget to mark it a BF? Sounds like something I might do.

The young guys are going in opposite directions.

And welcome back to the Muscle! And the Tigers as well, although they have been here more recently.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is anyone else having problems with Terrablood site for Shadowspire? It was fine earlier but now only shows the top (awards and such) and that is it. I have tried closing out of the internet completely but it stays the same for me, the other arenas seem fine though.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Is anyone else having problems with Terrablood site for Shadowspire? It was fine earlier but now only shows the top (awards and such) and that is it. I have tried closing out of the internet completely but it stays the same for me, the other arenas seem fine though.

I think that is the Duel 2 Gods punishing you for calling me the Worfmasters! Razz

In all seriousness though, it seems to be working fine for me.

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:

Nope, worked fine.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
gentleben wrote:

Nope, worked fine.

Figured out the problem, when I reconfigured my team name it left off the closing () in the number which is kind of similar to my last number, the Unholy Knights were 81 and the O' Holy Knights are 118...kind of like the reverse with a stutter Laughing

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
DeepThought
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What a start to 2011, 4-1 and the first Duelmaster from the Monster Manual. The only loss came from Xorn acting as Berserker's wingman and keeping Elthor occupied so the big man could go for the throne. Aside from that, the Pit Fiend got his 4th win in a row and the new Monster, Tiamat, started out in the win column. I still have not received my turn and I can't wait to read it.

Thanks GB, it took a LONG time to get here and I would not have bet that Berserker was going to be our first DM. You never know until they step onto the sands.

Speaking of Terrablood, I've been flying blind since I have not been able to access TB fully for about 8 months. I somehow screwed up my password and can't get a response about setting up a new one. Funny thing is, my record has really improved since I have not been able to see everyone's styles.

Bubba, oooffff, an 0-5-0-5...it can only get better from there.

Blood and Sand DM-21
MSNBC DM-47
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
Missed the BF on Darque. Didn't even get the matchup. I assume you were avoiding? Or did I just forget to mark it a BF? Sounds like something I might do.

I don't avoid blood feuds in this arena, and if I do anywhere else I just sit the warrior. I have no problem doing it, but I opted against it with this team, many times to my disadvantage.

No, I'm confident that I lost the challenge I did receive because I was playing rock/paper/scissors with my strat trying to figure out who you would send.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Obregon
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

3-2 for the Far Travelers ... a fair turn overall, but I will need to see the losers' fights to determine their fate. The losing + not learning combination is getting old for some.

Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A nice big 5-0 for the Diner this turn. That makes 10-0 in the last two turns if you're scoring at home (or if you're alone). And I didn't even get current top team! Outrageous. Stay tuned to see if they can pull off an unheard of 15-0 next week!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Otto_X wrote:
A nice big 5-0 for the Diner this turn. That makes 10-0 in the last two turns if you're scoring at home (or if you're alone). And I didn't even get current top team! Outrageous. Stay tuned to see if they can pull off an unheard of 15-0 next week!

Not unheard of in Shadowspire actually, Kellumbo did it back in the first 10 turns and was 14-1 the turn before

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't want to avoid the Elephant in the room - I want to welcome him back! Good to see you brother. D2 is like Hotel California - you can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave!

SwineTiger
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum