New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - My DA didn't DA
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My warrior See Ya (7377) was input at the F2F after my rookie warriors death as a Dark Arena. It didn't fight as such and fought instead of dying. Any way to get this remedied?
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
My warrior See Ya (7377) was input at the F2F after my rookie warriors death as a Dark Arena. It didn't fight as such and fought instead of dying. Any way to get this remedied?

Not sure.

Without some confirmation .....

What you are saying is that you intended for See Ya to be DA'd "free (no point cost)" this turn and to have a new rollup. Now it will "cost" you to DA the guy.

Presumably Sandy (or whomever) did not follow your instructions and input it to the arena and DA it? Is that the issue?

I am leary of making a correction decision, without some confirmation of RSI error to go on, otherwise there will be many such "suggestions".

If anything were to be done, I am presuming you are asking for agreement to DA See Ya next turn as though it were a first time DA. Correct?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd much prefer the policy on this confirmation from RSI that there was an input error.

And yes, I think if this happens, the manager should be allowed to DA it the following turn as if it were turn 1.
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Tripwire wrote:

Not sure.

Without some confirmation .....

What you are saying is that you intended for See Ya to be DA'd "free (no point cost)" this turn and to have a new rollup. Now it will "cost" you to DA the guy.

Presumably Sandy (or whomever) did not follow your instructions and input it to the arena and DA it? Is that the issue?

I am leary of making a correction decision, without some confirmation of RSI error to go on, otherwise there will be many such "suggestions".

If anything were to be done, I am presuming you are asking for agreement to DA See Ya next turn as though it were a first time DA. Correct?

My proxy for the tourney (Khisanth) phoned me and let me know what the rollup looked like (terrible). I didn't have time to get the rollup from the face to me to DA it in time for the turn that was due. So he rolled it up there and turned in the turn sheet for the warrior as a DA for this turn (thus the name See Ya).

I am sure he will confirm this and hopefully the ladies at RSI can confirm the DA as well. If they do confirm it was supposed to be a DA then I would ask that the -1 point for this turns loss and be allowed to DA it the following turn for 0 points as the error wasn't my fault but an input error. I definately would also say that the warrior I fought still get the +1 point as well as it wasn't his fault either.

If they can't confirm then I suppose without any other confirmation I would be forced to take the -1 for this turn and a -5 for the next turn DA or just run 4 warriors the remainder of the time.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Several comments.
1. Have e mailed Sandy and perhaps we can get a confirmation
2. No matter what, to change anything will require both Coordinators to agree. (I am not confirming any thoughts at the moment.)
3. There is a possible other solution.
Meanwhile, nothing will change without Sandy's comments, and she is VERY good getting back to me.

Under investigation.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

deleted the post as inappropriate

Last edited by The Consortium on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

<sniff>
smells fishy to me......................

Razz

Last edited by bubbaganoosh on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The funny thing is my guy in 18 ,replacement, was sent in and sent to the DA. I didn't get his sheet nor did he run. Unfortunately my aimer also died and I got the replacement for him. It seems the Dark Arena may have been closed this past turn Laughing

That said it's a different story as I'm guessing this is for the 47 contest and mine was merely from a team that couldn't quite pull off a contest win.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
It seems the Dark Arena may have been closed this past turn Laughing

They were having "Lighting" issues

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47