New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - your ranking of stats
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ikillu
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1-Wit
2-Deftness
3-Will
4-Strength
5-Speed
6-Constitution
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1. WT
=======GAP===============
2. WL
3. ST
4. DF

Once you have your WT, the next thing to do is make sure you have your adequate minimums that your warrior needs to be competent. I ranked WL is next because every warrior needs some level of Endurance. After that, you want to make sure you have decent weapon selection. I ranked ST before DF, because a warrior that lacks ST to use a weapon seems to suffer a lot more than a warrior that lacks DF. The key here is to stop at the minimum amounts you need. (9 ST, 11 DF, etc.)
==========================
5. ST
6. WL
7. CN
8. SP
9. DF

This is a general ordering of stats, but by this point, you should have a general idea of what you want your warrior to be, and it's time to go and add the rest of the points. Like Tripwire pointed out, exact ordering depends on the warrior type, but this is how I generally feel things out.

ST and WL are the most important here, because they serve multiple purposes. ST gives Attack and Parry as well as increases damage, endurance, heavy weapon selection (Battle Axe), etc. Will likely gives you two skills your warrior cares about, as well as Endurance.

By that same token, SP and DF are the worst stats in this portion of design because they give nothing measurable but skills. DF in particular is also really bad because for tournament warriors, it gives too much skills. (See my essay in the forums somewhere: Why DF sucks)

I think you could put CN on the same line as SP, but it is definitely better than DF, at least for me, it's easier to run warriors with high physicals than it is to run warriors high in skills. SP is also higher than DF because it has Decise, which is an uber-skill in basic and Decise is rarer on the chart.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Or another way of looking for things:

When you want Attack, add in the following order: WT, ST, WL, DF.

Parry: ST, WL, SZ, DF
Defense: WT, WL, SZ, DF, SP
Decise: WT, WL, SP
Riposte: WT, DF (EP use also at 15), SP
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This thread has actually had a profound influence on one of my latest rollups, with most of the people here ranking ST very high on the list;

11-6-5-17-12-9-10 were the original numbers. I started by adding 4 to WT, 5 to WL, and 1 to DF of course, making him 11-6-5-21-17-9-11, with 4 points left over (this guy'd be competitive with those numbers already!). The first 10 points were obvious, but in the old days, with my old-school thinking, I would have put all the remaining 4 points on DF, making him 11-6-5-21-17-9-15... would have made an awesome LU or PR or SL that would have died in its 3rd fight.
Instead, I put all 4 points on ST, making him a 15-6-5-21-17-9-11 ST. If he gets good damage and endurance on the rollup I'll send him to the rookie tournament, but if not I can raise ST to 17 and get both good damage and endurance for the Apprentices.

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The first 10 points were obvious, but in the old days, with my old-school thinking, I would have put all the remaining 4 points on DF, making him 11-6-5-21-17-9-15... would have made an awesome LU or PR or SL that would have died in its 3rd fight.
Instead, I put all 4 points on ST, making him a 15-6-5-21-17-9-11 ST.

Great job! Your warrior went from probable also-ran to solid tourney warrior in on fell swoop!

Quote:

If he gets good damage and endurance on the rollup I'll send him to the rookie tournament, but if not I can raise ST to 17 and get both good damage and endurance for the Apprentices.

So you're a Striker. For this type of Striker, you'll find out that Damage is highly overrated. (Sometimes Endurance too) Normal/Normal is fine, I've certainly TC'd with worse. The reason for this is that the Battle Axe is a tier 1 weapon in a Striker's hands and after a little FE, you will have no problems with (scum) Total Parries.

In a Mail-In your alternate strategy should be against Scums, and in a FtF, you should be able to see them coming right about the time when you can beat them consistently. (Round 8 or so) If you match up with them in the early rounds--just take the loss--it's a triple elimination for a reason, and you'll beat them with FE and the handful of attack you'll learn in the early rounds. You'll need the skills to beat other Strikers and the occasional weirdo Aimer in the run-offs.

This warrior biggest weakness early on is the handful of warriors that can jump him. Learn Decise as quick as you can.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic