New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 22263

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Damage blessing
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A question for those who run more guys at the top end than I do: If you have a warrior who is blessed/cursed in damage, does that blessing stick with you your whole career? That is, if you had a guy with great damage at 11 ST 10 SZ, will he hit tremendous early as well, or is it a random roll each train?

It seems to me that the blessing stays with you, but I only have a handful of guys who have gone through more than two levels.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Otto_X wrote:
A question for those who run more guys at the top end than I do: If you have a warrior who is blessed/cursed in damage, does that blessing stick with you your whole career? That is, if you had a guy with great damage at 11 ST 10 SZ, will he hit tremendous early as well, or is it a random roll each train?

It seems to me that the blessing stays with you, but I only have a handful of guys who have gone through more than two levels.

Good question, I can't wait to hear what people think.

If I were to guess thou, I would say that it does not, I wish it would. On a side note, I think there is probably a hidden attribute that gives you bonuses on all of your rolls so if you look at it that way then it is %'ly possible for the bonus to stick with you...or get worse as you go, who knows. I have heard of someone jumping 2 dmg catagories with one bump but I suspect that with the STR bump he went up to another level where the dmg he was at was not possible anymore and he rolled well enough to get the second possible dmg slot for his STR/SZ...but then remember I am only guessing.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Damage rolls are random. The initial damage roll, good or bad, doesn't seem to influence future damage rolls as you train ST.

Double bumps to damage only happen when you have the "-" at a -?+ ST and you train your ST to ? or ?+. Eg., your 16/3 ST/SZ warrior does Little damage and you train it's ST to 17 which guarantees Good damage. It doesn't happen very often but it does happen (I've had it happen to me a couple of times over the years).

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My experience is consistent with Mannequin's statement (and I've never heard anything to the contrary when damage discussions come up).

So yes, that last damage roll can be critical.
Dark_Angel
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

great question, great answers. I've always assumed that the being damaged cursed was a huge disadvantage for a warrior over the long haul... in fact I've DA'd a bunch of good RUs over the years because they came back dmg cursed and not bothered training b/c I figured it would always be a disadvantage - so why not cut the lose early?

I what I'm understanding from the post is that it is conceivable that a dmg cursed warrior can become a dmg blessed warrior with one train as the roll is random?

Is the opposite true? A blessed warrior could become cursed... I'd hope it's not possible to move down a dmg class with a ST train and a very bad roll! Confused

Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dark_Angel wrote:

Is the opposite true? A blessed warrior could become cursed... I'd hope it's not possible to move down a dmg class with a ST train and a very bad roll! Confused

No need to worry. You can never drop down a damage class when you train your ST. The roll simply determines if you go up a damage class (if possible given your ST/SZ combo) every time you train your ST.

Mannequin

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dark_Angel wrote:
in fact I've DA'd a bunch of good RUs over the years because they came back dmg cursed and not bothered training b/c I figured it would always be a disadvantage - so why not cut the lose early?

yikes. i hope that wasn't your only criteria when deciding to DA or not!
Shocked

Dark_Angel
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bubbaganoosh wrote:
Dark_Angel wrote:
in fact I've DA'd a bunch of good RUs over the years because they came back dmg cursed and not bothered training b/c I figured it would always be a disadvantage - so why not cut the lose early?

yikes. i hope that wasn't your only criteria when deciding to DA or not!
Shocked

Not always... Confused But if I'm designing a low wl off type that I want to end fights in min 1... he gets dmg hosed and he'd be carrying a torch shortly thereafter... I may re think some of these guys going forward.

Jugger
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The fact that you cannot drop in damage could possibly imply that there might be a benefit to learning ST as opposed to assigning it.

Has any research been done to determine if the curves for damage from raised strength and assigned strengths are identical? E.g. is there a possibility that a SZ:3 with ST trained from 11 to 13 has a greater chance of normal damage than a SZ:3 starting out with a 13 ST?
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jugger wrote:
The fact that you cannot drop in damage could possibly imply that there might be a benefit to learning ST as opposed to assigning it.

Has any research been done to determine if the curves for damage from raised strength and assigned strengths are identical? E.g. is there a possibility that a SZ:3 with ST trained from 11 to 13 has a greater chance of normal damage than a SZ:3 starting out with a 13 ST?

I was going thru this thought process with my last few RUs. My final thinking on it was that if I trained from 11-13 ST I have 3 shots at rolling well. It maked more sense with my guy since I was trying to decide wether or not to put the ST to 21 or start with 19 (the first option for AWESOME) or just put it at 21 for the skills. If I put it at 21 at start I don't have any other chances for AWESOME till ADM.

To answer your question I think it all depends on the rolls and how "Lucky" you are, but I like the multible chances so I would start lower if you plan on training.

I am rambling so I am going to shut up now Embarassed

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic