New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22261

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Sunset--turn 682
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Goooooooooood Morning Sunseeeeeet! It has been a long and torture-es week, but we have all come together on this fine fine sunny day in the town where the sun never sets. I bet you all thought it was because we have beautiful sunsets here, but neigh I say. It is sad but true, there is no romance in Sunset and a town with no love is....well...it is Delarquian I guess. The town got it's name centuries before the dawn of the arena, before the sands ran red with blood. For here on this spot our ancesters were desperate for the love they had heard about in other sea port towns. They longed for the joy that the their neighbors were accustomed to. So they set out on a quest to find love. Do you know what they found? They found that in the towns that were filled with love were also towns where the sun set at night and there was darkness upon the land. It was then that the whores were free to spread there love...for a small price of course. So it was wrongly thought that if their town had sunsets, like the others, love would follow. So they named the town Sunset as a prayer to the gods that they might allow the sun to set upon their town so that love could find it's way into thier lives. Hoping that everytime someone uttered the name "Sunset" it would strengthen that prayer and make it sure to happen. This of course did not happen, and the only place you can find darkness in the town of Sunset is in the Darkarena deep underground. Love did find it's way into the town however, and it was not because of the dark, it was because of the whores. So the next time you see a whore give a kiss smack dead on the lips and tell her thank you. Why you ask does the sun not set in Sunset? No one really knows, but as long as we have whores who really cares?

I predict a nice 4-1 for me with one successful BF

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
The_Master
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well said.....I think? Very Happy

As for my prediction, after last turn's 0-3 with suck skill learns, it can't get much worse.

Plus, not sure if I will get a turn. I have an auto pay set up with RSI, but just noticed with my last turn account summary, it does not appear to be processing, so my account is negative. I have tried to call and email RSI to no avail and the turn for Sunset should now be processed and in the bag.

The Master, mgr of:
Dark Overlords (21)
Giant Killers (32)
The 80's (33)
Satans Pride (12)
Land of Prydain (81)
DeepThought
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i wouldn't sweat it too much, my account is regularly negative and they have always processed my turns. I usually get caught up and then some.

Blood and Sand DM-21
MSNBC DM-47
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Goooooooooood Morning Sunseeeeeet! It has been a long and torture-es week, but we have all come together on this fine fine sunny day in the town where the sun never sets. I bet you all thought it was because we have beautiful sunsets here, but neigh I say. It is sad but true, there is no romance in Sunset and a town with no love is....well...it is Delarquian I guess. The town got it's name centuries before the dawn of the arena, before the sands ran red with blood. For here on this spot our ancesters were desperate for the love they had heard about in other sea port towns. They longed for the joy that the their neighbors were accustomed to. So they set out on a quest to find love. Do you know what they found? They found that in the towns that were filled with love were also towns where the sun set at night and there was darkness upon the land. It was then that the whores were free to spread there love...for a small price of course. So it was wrongly thought that if their town had sunsets, like the others, love would follow. So they named the town Sunset as a prayer to the gods that they might allow the sun to set upon their town so that love could find it's way into thier lives. Hoping that everytime someone uttered the name "Sunset" it would strengthen that prayer and make it sure to happen. This of course did not happen, and the only place you can find darkness in the town of Sunset is in the Darkarena deep underground. Love did find it's way into the town however, and it was not because of the dark, it was because of the whores. So the next time you see a whore give a kiss smack dead on the lips and tell her thank you. Why you ask does the sun not set in Sunset? No one really knows, but as long as we have whores who really cares?

{channeling Butthead} Uuh....uh-huh-huh.....okay...

I have no idea what will happen for me this turn. I can tell you I did NOT send Blakky to the DA, however... Twisted Evil

Archelf
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:

This must be the other place when its said stick it where the sun dont shine. I figure Andor must be the first..

Were you referring to the ladies on my team? If so they may actually enjoy that.

I figure ill go anywhere from 0-5 to 5-0. Enjoy your turns and good luck on the sands youll need it. Go easy on the ego crushing will yah I can feel the change in Sunset and its a leaner meaner game.

Prediction ---> Bring out your dead!

Archelf
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The regular newsletter page is still not updating apparently but you should be able to get the new one thru Terrablood's site.

0-5 for me. First shut out in a while, ouch. As if not being at the FtF was bad enough...

Here's hoping for a decent replacement for Blakky in the mail.

Nice scary DM column, Marmaduke, too bad it didn't scare off the challenger! At least you held on to top 3-turn!

Big Sunset welcome to Joker's Wild (Sir Jessie?) and All Jacked Up!

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

3-1 for the Tribe.

Missing Kadoka's replacement because the mail took too long last turn to get the replacement in on time. The new guy will be . . . interesting.

Batwamba took the team's loss and took a nose dive in the stats. See what happens when there isn't a Kano around to pick on??

Walli helped Stik to his shutout.

Lupus go a standy and Gitchi got back to .500, which is nice. I think he finaly managed to make use of that nifty little TV challenge - on the last turn he will have it. Oh well, it worked once, anyway.

I will try to get ads in next turn, but no promises. I hate it when I don't get ads in. At the very least there must be something to say to that Helrazor Walli scummed. . .

And Ben . . . what was that? Interesting story. A man who has run teams devoted to Christmas and writes stories about whores. A Jack of all trades?
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad I think your TV challenge with Gitchi is good until the next mailer, since he got the TV in the previous one.

And yeah, thanks for the help on the 0-fer! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Looks like nothin' in the mail today, wait 'til Tuesday now...happy MLK day.

The_Master
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

3-0-0 for the Dark Overlords. Don't know how the skill learns were since my turn did not come in the mail today. So, now it will be Tuesday before I see my learns since Monday is MLK day. So, if anyone who fought one of my guys wants to PM me my learns, I would appreciate it.

Gwenhyvar got the last shot at the BF against Segovax and she ended it in style with a win.

Timoth moved into Champions and got back to .500 which I am happy about, he is the most fun guy I have in Sunset right now.

And, Brunhilda got her first win under her belt. You go girlfriend!!

I will take a turn like this any time.

Lastly, to any Sunset warriors fighting in the FTF this weekend, give em' hell!

The Master, mgr of:
Dark Overlords (21)
Giant Killers (32)
The 80's (33)
Satans Pride (12)
Land of Prydain (81)
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad- I try

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got my envelope Tuesday. Some interesting stuff despite the 0-5!

Blakskul bequeathed a final gift on his way out, allowing a good skill raping at last, Marmaduke you're welcome! Rolling Eyes

Nomad, awesome fun fight between Helrazor and Walli, and I was pleased to say the least with the bounty o' skills waiting at the end! Very Happy

Thanks to good Batiatus as well for the same, at least in one of our matchups! A win or two to top it off would have been nice, but hey, I have to give you new guys reason to hope! Wink

My other two losers I'm seriously considering sending to the night fights...

and....the new recruit that just walked in the door don't look half bad, no sirree! Twisted Evil

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Finally got my turns in. Only going 2-3 is bad enough as it is, but alone it could be worse Rolling Eyes well, it was worse. My learns were horrid, but the way I am teaching skills to the rest of you I might start charging tuition to the School of Ben. Only 1 of you had the decency to not rape me for 4 or 5 skills. My guys are not the sharpest tools in the shed but they aren't the dullest either.

Don't think I have ever seen a turn where every one on the team fights a RSI Filler Character. Congrats Ludus Magnus on your 5-0

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
The_Master
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Master wrote:
3-0-0 for the Dark Overlords. Don't know how the skill learns were since my turn did not come in the mail today. So, now it will be Tuesday before I see my learns since Monday is MLK day. So, if anyone who fought one of my guys wants to PM me my learns, I would appreciate it.

Gwenhyvar got the last shot at the BF against Segovax and she ended it in style with a win.

Timoth moved into Champions and got back to .500 which I am happy about, he is the most fun guy I have in Sunset right now.

And, Brunhilda got her first win under her belt. You go girlfriend!!

I will take a turn like this any time.

Lastly, to any Sunset warriors fighting in the FTF this weekend, give em' hell!

Got my turn tonight too. went 3-0-0, but the skill learns sucked, yet again. But, guess I cannot complain too much.

So, will we see a bunch of tourney skill loaded warriors start popping in for a few turns now to time for the next tourney?

The Master, mgr of:
Dark Overlords (21)
Giant Killers (32)
The 80's (33)
Satans Pride (12)
Land of Prydain (81)
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic