New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Diaz vs. Condit
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Who do you got winning? Condit is a dangerous fighter, but is also somewhat inconsistent, as opposed to Diaz is on a 9 fight winning streak, with his last fight sending the Prodigy into retirement (thats a resume in itself btw). Aside from Roy Nelson fighting Fabricio Werdum, in which I have Nelson winning via KO, and Josh Koschek, the card is a dud imo.

Lemme know what you guys think.......

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are some great fights on this card that I would rather see than the main event.

Jorgensen vs Pegado is going to be Siiiiick! Jorgensen is always game and Pegado hasn't lost a fight since his very first one in 2005!

Some new up and comers with great records fighting some guys that have to win or they are gone always makes for a good night of ko's. I like it much better than the snorefest from fox last night.

I hope Diaz gets destroyed. I freakin hate him and his brother with every ounce of my being. Not sure where the inconsistent comment comes from Condit. His first fight in the UFC was horrible. But since then he looks to be back in great form beating 3 tough tough guys by TKO or KO in his last 3 fights.

All that said, I think Diaz takes it by decision. Just jabbing his way to a win.

Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
There are some great fights on this card that I would rather see than the main event.

Jorgensen vs Pegado is going to be Siiiiick! Jorgensen is always game and Pegado hasn't lost a fight since his very first one in 2005!

Some new up and comers with great records fighting some guys that have to win or they are gone always makes for a good night of ko's. I like it much better than the snorefest from fox last night.

I hope Diaz gets destroyed. I freakin hate him and his brother with every ounce of my being. Not sure where the inconsistent comment comes from Condit. His first fight in the UFC was horrible. But since then he looks to be back in great form beating 3 tough tough guys by TKO or KO in his last 3 fights.

In fights like this, i tend to root for the one who I believe will have a better shot against GSP, it's not that I dont like GSP, I just dont think he's as great a fighter as he thinks he is. If he's so great, why wont he fight Anderson? I mean, he'll fight people that move up in weight to fight him, why not move up, he walks around at 200 anyways, its way less of a weight cut, I just dont get it, but I'm ranting now. Anways, I think that Condit has a better chance of beating GSP than Diaz does, not that I believe that either have a great shot, unless his injury brings him down dramatically.

All that said, I think Diaz takes it by decision. Just jabbing his way to a win.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad to see Diaz get his Punk @$$ beaten. Ever since the Miller incident I've had enough of these thug punk Diaz boys.

Looks like Jorgensen may be on the downside of his career but boy is he usually a fun watch for a fight.

Can we now settle Roy Nelson into "Gatekeeper" position and stop giving him top level fights and discussion? The lovable Doughboy is as game as anyone but that extra 30 pounds he carries as a spare tire will never let him be a top end heavyweight!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Glad to see Diaz get his Punk @$$ beaten. Ever since the Miller incident I've had enough of these thug punk Diaz boys.

Looks like Jorgensen may be on the downside of his career but boy is he usually a fun watch for a fight.

Can we now settle Roy Nelson into "Gatekeeper" position and stop giving him top level fights and discussion? The lovable Doughboy is as game as anyone but that extra 30 pounds he carries as a spare tire will never let him be a top end heavyweight!

Nelson actually lost 25 pounds, needs to lose about 20 more, but I like the guy. Could you imagine if he was in top condition, I would go on record and say that if he was, he would be one of the best in the world.

I agree with you on the Diaz trash talking, enough with it already, but at the same time I kinda understand his mentality. Coming from a neighborhood such as the one he came from, your either in prison, headed there, or leaving, and everything else in between. His awkward personality makes him imbalanced as far as being a fighter goes, so that's just him, but if your gonna talk it, you better back it up with some walking, or just shut up.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

Nelson actually lost 25 pounds, needs to lose about 20 more, but I like the guy. Could you imagine if he was in top condition, I would go on record and say that if he was, he would be one of the best in the world.

I agree with you on the Diaz trash talking, enough with it already, but at the same time I kinda understand his mentality. Coming from a neighborhood such as the one he came from, your either in prison, headed there, or leaving, and everything else in between. His awkward personality makes him imbalanced as far as being a fighter goes, so that's just him, but if your gonna talk it, you better back it up with some walking, or just shut up.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic