New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - UFC on Fox 5
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Was at Poker and missed this one but looks like Nate Diaz is up to his old tricks again! Glad to hear Benson Henderson bloddied him up good! Wish he would've snapped those middle fingers off though!

Rory McDonald proved himself a bit by taking out the legend BJ Penn pretty handily. It was a gutty thing to call him out because if he lost with BJ having 13 months off that would've put a HUGE dent in his UFC career.

Is Gustafsson ready for the likes of Sonnen or Bones Jones? Dominating someone like Shogun Rua says probably so. This guy is another BEAST! Let's not forget that Scandinavians and Slavs are the strongest in the world due to Genetics and body makeup. He's 6'5 and long like Jones. No way that fight would go the distance!

Matt Brown despite a poor record shows off against Swick. And Assuncao is as dangerous as ever becuase Mike Easton is NO easy opponent!Heard my Hometown boy Cruickshank had a spectatacular KO!

And finally a stunner, in a way, that Pac-Man loses to Marquez. I had a gut feeling and had I had any money would've laid it on Marquez because he had all the drive after feeling he may have had 1 or both of the last 2 matchups stolen from him.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Street_Legal on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Daikkan
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah they were some good fights. Yeah Nate Diaz was up to his old tricks. They kept cutting out every time he did that.

Gustafsson is a beast. That would be a good fight against Jones. Would love to see that
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the reply. We just play nickel, dime, quarter Poker (50 cent max bet) so I won about $5 and managed to totally forget it was on or I'd have had them put it on in the background. We play right by the TV and usually have Football on with no sound and music playin'.

Sounds like I missed out Surprised . I would especially loved to see Diaz get put in his place as the Diaz BOYS are both punks and an embarrasment to their sport that helps to perpetuate the "brutality" of the sport whereas Boxing is still seen as "The Sweet Science". The Mayhem Miller incident was horrific, though Mayhem is a punk too!

Still can't believe Spider wants "half of the UFC" to fight Bones Jones, that's an estimated $1.25B. Makes GSP's likely demand of $50M to fight Silva seem reasonable (posted about this in the What's next for Silva thread about a week back).

I'm wondering if the Women's division will do much for the UFC. Rousey "(wo)man-handling" Miesha Tate was a good fight despite some wild out of control punching. They seem to be getting more polished as fighters. Wonder if Dana White will get Carano to fight again with his checkbook? Hope Steroid-borg Santos agrees to drop to 135, after her suspension lifts, to see what Ronda Rousey is really made of because a 6-0 record with 6 armbar victories is impressive but she swears she's got more than just an armbar to win with!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Daikkan
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Playing poker like that is fun. I miss doing that. I also watched the fights on FX before the main event. They had some good under cards fights. Yeah so glad Diaz got his but kicked.

I don't believe they will give Spider a lot of money to fight Jones. I'm not sure if the Women's division will be good for the UFC. Dana will have to put together some good fights in order for it to work. So we will have to see what happens.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic