New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - NCAA 2012 Football
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Scruffy Puff
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:

#1 strength of schedule in the nation ...

I know you're an SEC wonk, so I'll try to explain this in as easy language as possible...

Florida has a "good" strength of schedule because they play mostly SEC schools, which are always ranked high, but are actually mediocre. Example: Arkansas was recently ranked 8th in the nation. They are currently 3-4 (having only beaten 2 other SEC teams, and a division II school. One of their losses came to Louisiana-Monroe... Good LORD!). Why the hell were they ranked in the top ten?? Easy answer.

You criticize Oregon, and their strength of schedule, but Oregon plays mostly PAC12 schools, which are actually tougher than SEC schools. Evidence? The SEC has a losing record versus the PAC12 (and the Big East, for that matter) since the beginning of the corrupt BCS era. Ouch!

As I said before, Florida is a much improved team this year (they sucked last year). But to make a statement like Consortium did ("I do believe that red ass would be from the duck blood in the gator mouth as they gobbled the fowl down quickly and easily") is just plain silly. It would be a competitive game for both teams. I didn't even say Oregon would win, just that it would be competitive. You're getting your panties in a bunch for nothing.

Toodles. Wink
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OMG why was I watching the SC Tennessee game.... Get well soon Marcus Lattimore. Reminded me of the EJ Henderson injury.... blech!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lane Kiffin Sucks. This drive by blast of Kiffin was brought to you by the letters TGG and UT.
Thanks
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
Lane Kiffin Sucks. This drive by blast of Kiffin was brought to you by the letters TGG and UT.
Thanks

Especially since I heard this is the 3rd straight year UT has opened the conference schedule at 0-5. I cannot blame you at all! At least USC lost a heartbreaker to ease the pain for the letters TGG a tad.

PS- Anybody know how old Nebraska's Memorial stadium is? ESPN announcers said the last time they (Michigan) played there was over 100 years ago. Information I saw says it was built in 1923.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Way to go Les Miles for playing the "Prevent You from winning" defense. Had a chance to silence that D-Bag Saban (Satan as Michigan State fans refer to him) for the year, and the SEC bias as well. If not for a questionable call, and the closeness of the game against Pitt, I'd have to say (as much as it makes me puke) that Notre Dame should be #1. They had the "Pre-Season" toughest SOS to Alabama's 28th. K-State was 34 (not a huge fan of but he is pretty knwledgable) by Phil Steele.

Most different methods of determining it have this( in different orders perhaps but basically these same teams) as the SOS on October 12:

1.Kentucky
2.Arizona
3.Stanford
4.Auburn
5.Vanderbilt
6.UAB
7.Southern Miss
8.Washington
9.Missouri
10.California

Cannot wait for the playoffs as the top ranked teams seem to have lesser schedule strengths as you look back now rather than as it did pre-season.

This was Steele's pre-season rankings (based on last years records,ratings, and returning players I'd ASS-ume).

1.Notre Dame
2.Ole Miss
3.Iowa State
4.Michigan
5.Florida
6.Washington
7.Baylor
8.Texas A&M
9.Miami (FL)
10.Kentucky

The hardest part with SOS is losing teams schedule starts to look stronger because they are granting wins to others, thus making their SOS look stronger and those winning teams SOS look weaker. And let's admit to ourselves that even the computer rankings (which now no longer look at margin of victory) were decided by a program written by humans. Too much opinion is involved by both Human and Computer polls. I'd like to see the playoffs go to 8 or 12 (with 4 getting byes) to further remove biases and human flaws in judgement.

And before anyone gets their diapers wet I'm not saying the SEC isn't good, or even the best, I'm just saying they are NOT head-and-shoulders above the rest like many like to argue.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hope you guys got to catch that Michigan game it was a thriller!!! Northwestern blows another 4th quarter lead. Devin Gardner has a CANNON of an arm.

In the Big House- Pop Evil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6RK-dCniHw

What's up with Florida? La-Lafayete is good but another SEC team struggling with them???

Cool play by Texas to honor Coach Royal.... The flea-flicker (sort of) Wishbone
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/texas-first-play-wishbone-very-cool-video-180943715--ncaaf.html

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BWAHAHAHA! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy (Nick Satan) in a funnier way (offsides on a 4th and 1)!

Night,Night Alabama! Your chances are slim!

Thomas Jefferson
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Florida is NOT a good team! That much is certain.

I went to the UF/Missouri game and they stunk the place up, same this week. All heart seems to have left them after the Georgia Loss. They are not playing with any emotion or effort whatsoever.

But on the bright side I was expecting a 9-5 season at best from UF this year with the schedule we had. Being 9-1 with 2 games to go (plus a bowl game) is a shocker for sure.

I was hoping we could get 1 of the 5 tough games this year (LSU, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Georgia and Florida State). We beat 3 of those so i am happy regardless of how it ends.

Scruffy Puff
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The SEC's schedule next week:

Alabama / Western Carolina
Georgia / Georgia Southern
Florida / Jacksonville State (after playing Louisiana-Lafayette this week)
South Carolina / Wofford

lol, you can't make this stuff up!

The only disappointing thing about Alabama losing this week is that we won't get the chance to watch Oregon hang 60+ on them in the championship game like we would have if they had won.
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oregon played: Arkansas St, Fresno St, and Tennessee Tech

So whats the difference?

Scruffy Puff
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
Oregon played: Arkansas St, Fresno St, and Tennessee Tech

So whats the difference?

There are many differences, but the most relevant one is that Oregon doesn't play in the grossly over hyped, yet very average SEC.

When Oregon (or Boise State for that matter) play cupcakes, SEC lackeys claim "they don't play anybody." But when SEC teams do it, it's justifiable?? lol
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We just need a freakin playoff. Then let the teams decide. I am all for a playoff, trust me. BCS is a joke and always has been.

Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All BCS schools play games versus small schools. The problem is that those small schools need those games against the BCS conference schools for the guaranteed money. That money pays alot of the budget for ALL of the small schools sports programs.

What they really need is some form of profit sharing that helps the smaller schools, so they aren't dependant on on the big schools that makes them be a sacrificial lamb 3 or 4 times a year.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
BWAHAHAHA! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy (Nick Satan) in a funnier way (offsides on a 4th and 1)!

The guy has a deal with the devil. I have no doubts now.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

The guy has a deal with the devil. I have no doubts now.

He is the Devil! How else do #1 and #2 both lose in the 2nd to last regular game to allow him back into the picture!?

Could it be............... SATAN? (to quote the Church Lady)

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic