New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Bless You Boys!!!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's time to bring the Championship back to the American League! The Tigers, as I predicted here on the forums when they were left for dead by the media, made the playoffs and showed they are capable of winning it all. We bring back the battle cry of those amazing '84 Tigers....... BLESS YOU BOYS! Go get 'em Tigers!! Exclamation

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
It's time to bring the Championship back to the American League! The Tigers, as I predicted here on the forums when they were left for dead by the media, made the playoffs and showed they are capable of winning it all. We bring back the battle cry of those amazing '84 Tigers....... BLESS YOU BOYS! Go get 'em Tigers!! Exclamation

Congrats, Street!
It has been a long time!
gooo Tigers!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here we go!!!!

One of those "Simulators" has Detroit winning the 2 games in San Fran 8-2 and 9-1 then SF winning the next 4!? If the Tigers win the first 2 in a blowout and then get swept the rest of the way I will eat my hat!

I have the Tigers in 6!!!!!!!

Bless You Boys! Do it for Sparky! How great that would be: The first Triple Crown winner in 45 years AND a World Series win!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have no prediction. I feel like any of the 8 teams that made the playoffs could have reached (and won) the World Series. All the teams have strengths and weaknesses.

The Giants (and my man, Barry Zito) were better tonight. Still plenty of baseball left.

I will watch as the rest of the series unfolds. Really not looking forward to baseball season ending. It's a long, hard, cold winter...

GO GIANTS!
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well the simulators were wrong about the first two part, but right about the Giants winning four in a row.

I'll be at the parade on Wednesday. 2nd championship in 3 years, way to go Giants!
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Big Giants fan here, and I'm amazed at how easily they swept the series... only the last game was even close! They were like a steamroller at 90 mph. They were like an invisible Juggernaut! (if you don't know MTG, it's an unblockable combo). It all came down to the pitching and the Panda.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is the BIG reason that power lineups often fail, look at those Yankees of the last decade, we suffered a power outage. Gratz to those Giants as much as it pains me.

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for your Tigers, Street. I would've liked to have seen them win just to have somebody from the AL central take the title. Heard on the radio today it was the worst-rated, least watched world series pretty much ever. I know I didn't watch a minute of it, but I checked out on the baseball season about July or so. The season's way too long as it is, and when your team sucks.....I'd almost rather watch golf. Almost.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic