New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - It's official: the new/old guy is in Sunset!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tkoxxx11
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sandy was kind enough to email me a copy of my mini-overviews...and I was surprised at what I found!

I must have sold off/gave away all my high end guys: my best two warriors are a friend's two old warriors that I adopted...and I don't have a single inductee to Primus!

Lordy...how the mighty have fallen...HAHA. Very Happy

On the lower end, however, I found a few guys in ADM that I had been "working" on...and I found a few gems in the regular arena as well. In particular, I had one newish team that had two strong warriors and a "maybe"...so instead of rolling up a new team, I've had this old team transferred to Sunset. These three warriors will all be in the Halloween tournament:

[3-1-1,25,10FE], will fight Initiates.
He is a lunger with ST=12(1) CN=10 SZ=5 WT=21 WL=21 SP=5 DF=11.
He is right handed, is a genius, is very quick and active, is clumsy, has a good endurance, is incredibly quick and elusive, has an Advanced Expert in initiative, has an Advanced Expert in attack, and has an Advanced Expert in defense.

[5-0-0,55,10FE], will fight Initiates.
He is a striker with ST=11 CN=10 SZ=10 WT=21 WL=11 SP=10 DF=11.
He is ambidextrous, is a genius, is incredibly quick and active, has poor endurance, can not take a lot of punishment, can not carry a lot of weight, is very quick on his feet, does great damage, has an Expert in riposte, has an Expert in attack, and has an Advanced Expert in decisiveness.

[0-0-0,0,3FE], will fight Apprentices.
He is a aimed blow with ST=13 CN=7 SZ=10 WT=11 WL=15 SP=7 DF=21.
He is right handed, is highly coordinated, is very frail, can not carry a lot of weight, is incredibly quick and elusive, does good damage, and has an Expert in attack.

Here's a 4th guy I'm "thinking" about running. Do tank TPs like this guy still win? Being that I'm only going to be running one "regular DM" team, I might not want to waste my time with him. Of course, I've always been about winning, regardless. Very Happy

[0-0-0,0,0FE], may fight Rookies.
He is a total parry with ST=13 CN=17 SZ=8 WT=5 WL=21 SP=11 DF=9.
He is right handed, is stupid, is very slow, is slightly uncoordinated, has great endurance, and can take tremendous amounts of damage.

I think this team is clearly better than what I'm likely to get with a random rollup...that's for sure!
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

tkoxxx11 wrote:

Here's a 4th guy I'm "thinking" about running. Do tank TPs like this guy still win? Being that I'm only going to be running one "regular DM" team, I might not want to waste my time with him. Of course, I've always been about winning, regardless. Very Happy

He is right handed, is stupid, is very slow, is slightly uncoordinated, has great endurance, and can take tremendous amounts of damage.

I think this team is clearly better than what I'm likely to get with a random rollup...that's for sure!

these type of scum still do fine in regular arenas, but do poorly in tournaments these days. The main reason behind this is that people run a lot more ABs than they used to.

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

tkoxxx11 wrote:
Sandy was kind enough to email me a copy of my mini-overviews...and I was surprised at what I found!

I must have sold off/gave away all my high end guys: my best two warriors are a friend's two old warriors that I adopted...and I don't have a single inductee to Primus!

Lordy...how the mighty have fallen...HAHA. Very Happy

On the lower end, however, I found a few guys in ADM that I had been "working" on...and I found a few gems in the regular arena as well. In particular, I had one newish team that had two strong warriors and a "maybe"...so instead of rolling up a new team, I've had this old team transferred to Sunset. These three warriors will all be in the Halloween tournament:

[3-1-1,25,10FE], will fight Initiates.
He is a lunger with ST=12(1) CN=10 SZ=5 WT=21 WL=21 SP=5 DF=11.
He is right handed, is a genius, is very quick and active, is clumsy, has a good endurance, is incredibly quick and elusive, has an Advanced Expert in initiative, has an Advanced Expert in attack, and has an Advanced Expert in defense.

[5-0-0,55,10FE], will fight Initiates.
He is a striker with ST=11 CN=10 SZ=10 WT=21 WL=11 SP=10 DF=11.
He is ambidextrous, is a genius, is incredibly quick and active, has poor endurance, can not take a lot of punishment, can not carry a lot of weight, is very quick on his feet, does great damage, has an Expert in riposte, has an Expert in attack, and has an Advanced Expert in decisiveness.

[0-0-0,0,3FE], will fight Apprentices.
He is a aimed blow with ST=13 CN=7 SZ=10 WT=11 WL=15 SP=7 DF=21.
He is right handed, is highly coordinated, is very frail, can not carry a lot of weight, is incredibly quick and elusive, does good damage, and has an Expert in attack.

Welcome to Sunset. I see I will not be getting many wins off of you til you graduate that stud LU.

The TP could go either way

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
tkoxxx11
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
tkoxxx11 wrote:

these type of scum still do fine in regular arenas, but do poorly in tournaments these days. The main reason behind this is that people run a lot more ABs than they used to.

That is what I had reasoned. Note I did not mention anything about running that retard in the upcoming tournament. Wink

Thanks for the input!
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

tkoxxx11 wrote:
_Buri_ wrote:
tkoxxx11 wrote:

That is what I had reasoned. Note I did not mention anything about running that retard in the upcoming tournament. Wink

Thanks for the input!

5th guy is a surprise then? or you need a new RU? or he is going to the DA? or Shut up and mind my own business? Wink

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
tkoxxx11
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
tkoxxx11 wrote:
_Buri_ wrote:
tkoxxx11 wrote:

Thanks for the input!

5th guy is a surprise then? or you need a new RU? or he is going to the DA? or Shut up and mind my own business? Wink

No the 5th guy is just going to the DA.
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah that team is one HELLUVALOT better than most anything RSI will send you! Look forward to seeing them, and you, whoever you are, very soon!

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

very nice team
far better than the average RU sheet
yes, scum still do well in arenas
good luck in Sunset

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be nice of Sir Steel to show up to provide him a little extra competition! Smile Wink

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
It would be nice of Sir Steel to show up to provide him a little extra competition! Smile Wink

I plan on giving him some competition myself

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
tkoxxx11
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:

Well...I'm not Doc Steele...although, I must admit I am embarrassed to say...

I am partially responsible for the "rise"of Doc Steele in a way...

haha

I never should have taught that pain in the ass so much... Wink
Daikkan
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to arena 21. I'm a fairly new returning manager and having fun with the game. Hope to see you on the sands!

Daikkan
tkoxxx11
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got all of my tournament strategies filled out.

I decided to limit myself to 20 warriors in the tournament, as that sounded like a "reasonable" amount. After looking at my minis, I was surprised at how many warriors I actually had "set up" properly after all these years. I had to pass over quite a few warriors in order to keep myself down to a relatively lean team of 20.

My breakdown:

1 Primus
3 Contenders
3 Eligibles
1 Freshmen
1 Champions
4 Adepts
3 Initiates
1 Rookies
1 Dead Challengers
2 Dead Champions

I have a few warriors that I actually think can TV, a few that will likely do poorly now but I want to fight in every tournament, and a few in-between. After all this time I would be extremely happy with winning about 50%...but it's probably not likely...

haha

Of course...getting a TV would be nice...but I'm certainly not holding my breath. I'm really curious about the "Contenders" tournament because that's a new classification to me, and I have a legitimate contingent of three warriors there. What happens remains to be seen...

I'm going to fight in the tournament first before returning to fight in Sunset. I will also be fighting a few warriors in ADM and Primus as well.
tkoxxx11
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got all of my tournament strategies filled out.

I decided to limit myself to 20 warriors in the tournament, as that sounded like a "reasonable" amount. After looking at my minis, I was surprised at how many warriors I actually had "set up" properly after all these years. I had to pass over quite a few warriors in order to keep myself down to a relatively lean team of 20.

My breakdown:

1 Primus
3 Contenders
3 Eligibles
1 Freshmen
1 Champions
4 Adepts
3 Initiates
1 Rookies
1 Dead Challengers
2 Dead Champions

I have a few warriors that I actually think can TV, a few that will likely do poorly now but I want to fight in every tournament, and a few in-between. After all this time I would be extremely happy with winning about 50%...but it's probably not likely...

haha

Of course...getting a TV would be nice...but I'm certainly not holding my breath. I'm really curious about the "Contenders" tournament because that's a new classification to me, and I have a legitimate contingent of three warriors there. What happens remains to be seen...

I'm going to fight in the tournament first before returning to fight in Sunset. I will also be fighting a few warriors in ADM and Primus as well.
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd love to see Spearman in Primus again.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic