New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 10-13-7-14-13-5-8
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
york
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Might try an OTP, something like 11-13-7-17-17-6-13. Any tweeking suggestions would help, thanks.

York
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If your looking to go OTP I'd consider:

10-13-7-14-13-5-8 -----> 14-13-7-17-17-5-11 (could also be any Parry style even WS; also a nasty LU)

only because I'd likely trade a little more damage over the DEF and PAR skill at 13 DF. Really no need to take SP to 6 as all you'll get is a DEC and an INI skill so at the least I'd take that point and move it to ST or CN. My suggestion for my design is so I could bump ST to 15 and use the BA; no off-hand and you'll be suited SZ wise. Could even go with either a 15 WT or WL and make ST 15 and another point to CN (like 15-14-7-15-17-5-11; leaving you not far from the 16/16 carry so you can armor like a brick and hit like an offensive, the longer fights will help you learn so 15 is pretty good).

Also could make a long-term burner/bust-out type 11-13-7-19-19-5-10 LU but that is an extreme design and if your more looking for an arena warrior that'll be fun to run I'd avoid this!

Either way you go this is a RU I certainly would like on my team!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

york wrote:
Might try an OTP, something like 11-13-7-17-17-6-13. Any tweeking suggestions would help, thanks.

York

Very nice rollup.
11-16-7-17-17-5-11 WS for us (could be PS/TP)
14-13-7-17-17-5-11 SL (pr BA, LU, PL, PS, ST)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The difference between 11 ST/7 SZ and 12 ST/7 SZ is pretty large damage-wise. I would go 12-15-7-17-17-5-11, myself.

It would make an excellent TP, but also WS, LU, or PL.
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If it is an arena warrior it could be an awesome burner as well.

10-16-7-20-16-5-10

Could be any style..

Burn to: 11-17-7-21-17-5-11 niiiiiiiice...

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not only from my own thinking but from what OAB said I looked at the Terrablood Damage Matrix and he has an excellent point.

If the theory is correct that there are 3 damage possibilities per combo of ST/SZ; I have had a 12 ST 7 SZ come back great damage; and the matrix is correct then 11/7 is listed at -N+ (someone must've entered one with little damage) and 12/7 is -G+. This "appears" to be a breakpoint, and as far as my humble opinion goes probably the most important break point in the game is between Little and Normal damage (less so for aimers or brick defensives). Granted your 1 train away from it but as long as your not giving up an important point in another stat it seems worth taking a 12 ST. If it came down to shafting WT/WL/DF from an important number I'd gamble the slim chance of getting little damage knowing one train should break it.

I would almost swear I had an 11/7 LU get Great Damage, and the one I'm thinking of is Dead (Steve Vai of The Headcutters II in Aruak) so his write-up should be in my Dead file and easy to find. I'll get back with this later but right now I need to TRY and sleep one last time as it's 8 AM. Rolling Eyes Mad Rolling Eyes

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This guy seems tailor-made for WoS or TP. I think the design has to go with the intent -- well, everyone knows that, right? So for ME, since I don't get involved with tournaments anymore, I'd go...

10-13-7-14-13-5-8 --------> 13-13-7-17-19-5-10 and burn it up, baby!

WL to 20, DF to 11, then skills for a while... eventually aiming to bump ST & CN up at least one, and WL to 21....

but that's just ME. I like Consortium's WoS, but I always feel a bit peevish about giving up points to CN.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
The difference between 11 ST/7 SZ and 12 ST/7 SZ is pretty large damage-wise. I would go 12-15-7-17-17-5-11, myself.

It would make an excellent TP, but also WS, LU, or PL.

This is true, at 11 you have an outside shot at getting little damage, and at 12 ST you can't. I'd go with this design, WS or TP.

RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

10-13-7-14-13-5-8

12-15-7-17-17-5-11, LU (what else would you expect from me?)

Damage should come out normal or good), and a bump for good if needed in most cases
Carry is right where you need it
Will have can take alot for damage
Endurance will be good (outside chance of great).
Without looking at the charts Att should be around 13 and Def 8

Pretty much a classic Tank LU, would also be a good Waste, or what I call a Hybrid TP (my OTP's look like this one that TV'e the rookies at the last FTF 10-10-6-17-21-6-15)

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting design by one of the leading tank LU managers RR. He of the brought to you by the number "ONE/WON" fame Laughing

After 4 hours sleep had to get up for the traditional Army/Navy game(pretty good thus far after Roger Staubach brings Navy some magic while he's in the booth; interesting note he almost signed to Purdue 1 year before Bob Griese;jokingly was lamented he might've played Basketball instead of sit behind Staubach and possibly never a '72 Dolpnins.... My Father served as a "Scrub Tech" in an Army Evac Hospital and my Maternal Grandfather was a Pacific Theater Naval Fighter Pilot so I don't root for anything but a good game and players health.....anyways back on track now).

My guy was a SZ 8 so never mind. What I will say is this:With 11 ST you have a slim shot at Little damage and no shot at great. At 12 ST you have a slim shot at Great and NO shot at little, "by all appearances". I think no matter which way you go we all,who read this thread, may have learned a VERY valuable DM/D2 lesson being "At 7 SZ 12 ST is an INCREDIBLY valuable number if you can afford it!!!"

I'd like to thank York most of all for posting this guy and OAB for making a VERY interesting point that leads too much thought and digging. This is why this site has been invaluable to keeping this game of ours alive.People caring enough to ask questions and others caring enough and being open to giving answers that help ease frustrations with information that will aid new or returning managers from loooong hiatuses not feel like they cannot compete. And that teach "Old dogs new tricks". Cheers!

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic