New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Most AMAZING Soccer/Football Goal EVER!?!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Zlatan Ibrahimovic beats England single-handed 4-2. He scored all 4 goals and may be the best player in the world. But it was this goal that may be the most incredible I have ever seen!!! The elevation he gets to hit this bicycle volley is simply unreal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEMf0ElIa_M

Here's a bonus video from the craziest goalie who EVER played the game Rene Higuita, he would often dribble the ball across midfield line, as well as get scored on after being dispossesed of the ball. From a friendly against, also England, here is Rene Higuita's "Scorpion Kick"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCxe4r6SjH0

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's an amazing goal! I don't know if I'd say he could be the "best player in the world" though. He has a huge ego and can be really lazy on the field.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic... may be the best player in the world.

Mr. Messi may disagree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDndykgaXbU&feature=related

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When you get into the top 5 or 10 it gets hard to diferentiate. Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, KaKa, Ibrahimovich would be the top 5 that are in the game now as I see it. I'd take any one of them but the ball skills Ibrahimovich shows, when he's so motivated to, just seem to be inhuman and impossible.

And besides what Striker isn't lazy, this coming from a former Stopper/Center Midfielder, they wait for the backline guys to get them the ball Laughing

Personally I thought Maradonna was more impressive than Messi but that's just my opinion.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Flagg
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was trying to find the clip of Maradona's miracle run, where he beat (trying to remember here) like 2 mids and 3 backs, starting from around midfield. Messi had an almost identical run and the video showed the two runs together, it was almost as if he channeled Maradona.

Personally, CR7 is my favorite, but that's just because I'm a ManU fan and got to see alot of him on Fox Soccer when he was still in England.

My son, on the other hand, is a big Neymar fan.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Neymar, he's what like 20 or 21, could be the next great player but that Pineapple on top of his head has to go Laughing

Hope your son didn't see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Xj9BvKf4g

TOTAL FAIL! I personally, again as a former defender, thought the penalty call was BS! Defender got ball first with no attempt to tackle. It was simply a dive I thought. If they called stuff like that in my High School games I'd have never stopped anyone as the slide tackle was my area of specialty (getting the ball first).

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Street_Legal on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flagg
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Neymar, he's what like 20 or 21, could be the next great player but that Pineapple on top of his head has to go Laughing

Ain't that the truth!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Flagg wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

Ain't that the truth!

Too quick for me I added to my response above!

CR7 got messed up pretty bad the other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAkEIsE7NEc&feature=relmfu

Thomas Jefferson
Flagg
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My one big complaint with most euro soccer is the constant diving after just the slightest of tugs. I was a forward when I played and it would have taken an elephant falling from the sky and landing on me to have me give up on the ball or play. I can't remember a time where I would have ever considered taking a dive.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Much like Hockey the Euros appear to be much softer than they are here in North America. That's why I still contend Soccer to be a more physical, and by far more physically demanding, game than Gridiron Football. No pads, I always took out my shinguards after the ref checked them (felt like they slowed me down after getting sweaty), and players running into each other from further distances (ie higher speed). Euros give most people the impression otherwise. Plus with all the contact at the legs it provides for some nasty off-balance collisions.

Just my opinion having played both. But this argument went nowhere last time it came up so I'll admit BOTH are very physical.... Soccer still takes more conditioning ( they are considered the "best" athletes on the planet).

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic