New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - USPS Mailer receipt
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the first one in many, many moons that did not arrive the first mail delivery day (or sooner) of the week following printing. (Sigh)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My tourney didn't arrive today, either.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
My tourney didn't arrive today, either.

I did get a large bundled pack (5 arenas) that was postmarked Nov 6 - 7 days ago.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No tourney here either. Got 33 which was mailed 11/8, supposedly the day after tourneys went out. I hope it comes tomorrow -- I'm having Chatzy withdrawal!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing here either. Sucks getting shut out after a mail holiday! Evil or Very Mad

Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing for me today, either. No tourney, no DM 3, no DM 28.
Slugbait
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

4 DM and 1 HW turn. Postmarked 6th- 9th. No tourney.
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess I wasn't alone in expecting and not getting the tourney. Dang!!!
TMM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's some info about the tourney, which shouldn't reveal any spoilers:

The announcement said it would be triple-elimination(as it has been for many years now) but Lee decided to use the old format of single elimination for runoffs. This didn't affect Primus or Contenders, but every other class, from Eligibles through Dead Apprentices, was run this way.

This means that if your warrior was 8-2 or 9-1 after round 10, they were eliminated. The only exception to this (and I don't know if this happened since no tourney newsletter has come out) is if there weren't any undefeated warriors in a class, then everyone with the best record would advance past round 10. At that point, the tourney would be single elimination, meaning your next loss would eliminate you.

Understandably, this has upset many managers. I don't know what Lee plans on doing, since arenas have already run after the tourney.

As far as printing goes, I believe they were running low on toner over the weekend, so I think they were running behind.
stormlord
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Like TMM said, there has been plenty of controversy with the tournament not running as the announcement stated. It didn't run triple elimination as expected. Due to the amount of complaints from various managers, rumor has it that RSI is contemplating extending the tourney to make it triple elimination.

Again this is just rumor and/or heresay, since it also affects the warriors/managers that already TC'd with the best record after RD 10 format. As of the weekend the Tourney newsletter hasn't been completed, and conjecture from many on the Chatzy site has it that RSI is still figuring out the best way to proceed, so that maybe a reason for the delays in tourney mailings.

This is not official, and at this point many theories are being thrown around. Maybe nothing will be changed and the delay maybe due to other reasons not related to the tourney format inconsistency. But for those avoiding Chatzy to not get any spoilers, just trying to fill you in on the loop without revealing any results.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My two cents:

This information could be a slight spoiler for a player's first TV/TC run during the tourney (after that, they would've figured it out on their own).

As far as the 1990s tournament format, it is what it is. I don't see RSI rescinding 16 TCs, re-running rounds 11+, and then awarding 16 new TCs. I busted a Jalon in ADM, trained a Contender and 2 Eligibles over their lines, and busted out a late grad in Freshmen. If I don't TC, I'll be disappointed just like any other tourney where I don't TC. But the fact remains that it was a level playing field and everyone had the same opportunity to win. I'll just put on my big boy pants and get ready for the next tourney.

I hope the people who were threatening to quit over this have come to their senses by now. I'd like to have as many competitors as possible in Tempe in January. And on that subject, threatening to quit if they don't run the run-offs properly, threatening to boycott Tempe if they offer ambi as the prize, etc. is treading dangerous territory. If you are just blowing off steam amongst your fellow players, I hear ya. If you are no longer enjoying the game and want to stop playing, I understand. If you are giving RSI an ultimatum to try to change the outcome of something, that is sketchy business.

Finally, if people complaining caused my tourney to not be mailed yet, I'm going to pretty pissed.
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Given that arenas have run since the tourney, I would think it would be nearly impossible to go back and redo the runoffs. If they could manage it, they'd have to either say that skills from rounds 11+ don't transfer to the arena, or go and update each TV's skills manually. I don't see that happening.

I think the results have to stand. I say this without knowing if a redo would help me or screw me (most likely neither). When it comes down to it, it's still just a zombie prize. Is it really worth making a big fuss over?

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent points OAB. We don't always see eye-to-eye on things but the sketchy business line is spot on. I didn't have a sterling reputation for a long time for some rage (mostly in character but then I lost my cool later) statements I made in the past. And though many may like to say my behavior may have occurred over a lesser issue, a contest I put together semi-stolen out from under me (and some other issues at different times), who is to say who's issue is lesser or greater. It has taken a long time to convince people of what I said those many years ago, that I really am a pretty decent guy (or try to be) and alot of it was me taking my managerial persona into the forums.

That being said I will exercise as much caution as I can and allow those people to cool off before, if ever I would, state they are making ultimatums or posturing or anything else. I know that alot of the actual rage that eventually manifested itself WAS because people jumped on me too quick telling me I was being unreasonable.

I truly wish RSI could make everyone happy in this situation... unfortunately I feel that is near to impossible. I simply ask those who are angered to try and give time before they make rash decisions, or say things in anger that may not be in their normal behavior pattern, and for those (not pointing at anyone in either case right now) who think they are being irrational to please give them some time for catharsis before any public name calling begins. I would hate to lose anybody from the game over what appears to have been a horrendous yet unintentional error by RSI!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Street_Legal on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One thing is for sure -- I'm glad I didn't shell out big bucks to have FedEx deliver me a big question mark.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyway, its annoying to see all the recent issues with our beloved game... I am still waiting for the Ftf results... and have been playing less and less in dm 28 and 52...
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic